Official News topic

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
goji89
Sazer

Re: Official News topic

Post by goji89 »

miguelnuva wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:11 pm
goji89 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:42 pm https://www.yahoo.com/news/pelosi-water ... 26744.html

Sure, tell people to get more confrontational what could go wrong?
Do you want me to post the rest of the story or do you just want to stay reactionary with Yahoo.
It's your world dude, I'm just living in it.

miguelnuva
Sazer

Post by miguelnuva »

goji89 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:23 am
goji89 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:42 pm https://www.yahoo.com/news/pelosi-water ... 26744.html

Sure, tell people to get more confrontational what could go wrong?
Do you want me to post the rest of the story or do you just want to stay reactionary with Yahoo.
If that was true, Episode 8 wouldn't have done Luke dirty, Toho would have never abandoned the 89/91 look or roar in the Heisei era and I'd be married to Kira Kosarin.
You can put it on my Tombstone Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira
my personal take

Shadow Area 1-0

ImageImage Image

LSD Jellyfish

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

miguelnuva wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:42 am

If that was true, Episode 8 wouldn't have done Luke dirty, Toho would have never abandoned the 89/91 look or roar in the Heisei era and I'd be married to Kira Kosarin.
Well, I learned who Kira Kosarin was today.

The obvious thing though is the article seems to criticize Pelosi for being radical (heh) in the title, even though Pelosi criticizes Maxine Waters just a few paragraphs in. They have consensus however. While I would not advocate for violence, I think there we are at an impasse where they are clear problems that our supposed righteous legal system is not addressing, peacefully or otherwise. What to do then? Should Eric Chauvin get away with it where do we go from here as a society? What is the correct course of action when repeatedly heinous injustices are committed against people for committing no crimes/minor crimes? I think Maxine Waters is getting to that core, but because of her own rhetoric, and the rather tinderbox state of a recovering country, there are a lot of dangerous factors at play.
Rodan95 wrote:The Shobijin are sat on by a fatass explorer and killed. Mothra is pissed and destroys Japan.

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.

I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.
G2000 wrote:What is a pride parade but a loud and public assertion that Christianity is no longer the dominant moral force in America?
#Pro-Choice

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

miguelnuva wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:42 am

Hell yeah, I want to live in your world.......and congrats on being married to Kira you sly dog you.

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.

I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.
G2000 wrote:What is a pride parade but a loud and public assertion that Christianity is no longer the dominant moral force in America?
#Pro-Choice

Shoopwoop17
Monarch Researcher

Post by Shoopwoop17 »

Good. We need accountability for police officers, and this is a step in the right direction.
Check out my Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/atxspider/

It is mostly Spider-Man themed, but I'd love to talk cosplay, lightsaber commissions, and countless other topics.

miguelnuva
Sazer

Post by miguelnuva »

Shoopwoop17 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:30 pm Good. We need accountability for police officers, and this is a step in the right direction.
Hopefully this is the spark that lights the fire that will burn down inequality in the country.
my personal take

Shadow Area 1-0

ImageImage Image

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

Good. If anything, cops should be held to a HIGHER standard, not the other way around. They far too often get away with murder.
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Holy skreeonk!? Something finally good from last year!?

Are pigs flying? Someone pinch me! There is hope for humanity after all.
My rules:

1. If I start getting carried away, I simply just log off and come back later.
2. Think before I suddenly post.
3. Try not to post image only posts even if they're just for fun and jokes.

miguelnuva
Sazer

Post by miguelnuva »

https://www.dispatch.com/story/news/cri ... 309088002/

Didn't even have a day to be happy.
my personal take

Shadow Area 1-0

ImageImage Image

CrimsonBloodX
Interpol Agent

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

Imagine the amount of riots we would have in the coming days or months if Derek wasn't found guilty. It would've been the 1992 Los Angeles riots all over again. That made me glad he was found guilty. Don't get me wrong, he is a corrupt cop who deserved to be punished for murdering George Floyd, but as a proud patriotic American who loves this country and wouldn't want to live anywhere else, it angers me to see violent riots done by Black Lives Matter and Antifa nationwide. If Derek wasn't found guilty, that would've given BLM and Antifa an excuse to riots, loot, vandalize and harass people like what they did back in 2020. We just dodged a bullet. Justice was served and we won't see that many more nationwide protests and riots, at least for now. It's a win-win situation.
Last edited by CrimsonBloodX on Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

CrimsonBloodX wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:35 pm Imagine the amount of riots we would have in the coming days or months if Derek wasn't found guilty. It would've been the 1992 Los Angeles riots all over again. That made me glad he was found guilty. Don't get me wrong, he is a corrupt cop who deserved to be punished for murdering George Floyd, but as a proud patriotic American who loves this country and wouldn't want to live anywhere else, it angers me to see violent riots done by Black Lives Matter and Antifa nationwide. If Derek wasn't found guilty, that would've given BLM and Antifa an excuse to riots, loot, vandalize and harass people like what they did back in 2020. We just dodged a bullet. Justice was served and we won't see that many more nationwide protests and riots, at least for now. It's a win-win situation.
Guy never stood a chance. Of course he'd be found guilty. The BLM were already mobilizing ready for a riot, but people would let it pass calling it justice. Rioting and breaking into businesses and looting it's o.k for them but not for thee. Also it'd still be called a peaceful protest go figure.

They finally got what they wanted so who cares, No riots bad cop goes to jail win win.
Last edited by goji89 on Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

miguelnuva
Sazer

Post by miguelnuva »

goji89 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:14 pm
CrimsonBloodX wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:35 pm Imagine the amount of riots we would have in the coming days or months if Derek wasn't found guilty. It would've been the 1992 Los Angeles riots all over again. That made me glad he was found guilty. Don't get me wrong, he is a corrupt cop who deserved to be punished for murdering George Floyd, but as a proud patriotic American who loves this country and wouldn't want to live anywhere else, it angers me to see violent riots done by Black Lives Matter and Antifa nationwide. If Derek wasn't found guilty, that would've given BLM and Antifa an excuse to riots, loot, vandalize and harass people like what they did back in 2020. We just dodged a bullet. Justice was served and we won't see that many more nationwide protests and riots, at least for now. It's a win-win situation.
Guy never stood a chance. Of course he'd be found guilty. The BLM were already mobilizing ready for a riot, but people would let it pass calling it justice. Rioting and breaking into businesses and looting it's o.k for them but not for thee. Also it'd still be called a peaceful protest go figure.

They finally got what they wanted so who cares, No riots bad cop goes to jail win win.
BLM and Antifa were having peaceful protest for the most part. Others were showing up causing riots during those peaceful protest. As I'm sure you both know there is always a few bad eggs in every group,

And Goji89 why are you saying that like he was going to be found guilty regardless. You don't think what he did was a crime?
my personal take

Shadow Area 1-0

ImageImage Image

KK42
Keizer

Post by KK42 »

but as a proud patriotic American who loves this country and wouldn't want to live anywhere else, it angers me to see violent riots done by Black Lives Matter and Antifa nationwide.
:facepalm:

Some of you guys just never learn...

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

miguelnuva wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:59 pm
And Goji89 why are you saying that like he was going to be found guilty regardless. You don't think what he did was a crime?
It doesn't matter what I think, he was found guilty by a jury of his peers. Meaning he commited a crime and was found guilty.

LSD Jellyfish

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

The only chance that he would've not been guilty of murder, was if he died of some other issue. However, pretty much all the medics and everyone involved instantly stated that it was very clear that he died from the officers actions. It's always been abundantly clear that he died of having his neck kneeled on for 9 mins. Ask yourself honestly, if it wasn't a cop doing that to someones neck, would you even question who caused the murder? The cop has been given much more resources and leeway and opportunity to explain himself for the unexplainable.

Riots aren't a good thing, violence isn't a good thing. But let's not conflate the issues.
Rodan95 wrote:The Shobijin are sat on by a fatass explorer and killed. Mothra is pissed and destroys Japan.

miguelnuva
Sazer

Post by miguelnuva »

goji89 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:20 pm
miguelnuva wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:59 pm
It doesn't matter what I think, he was found guilty by a jury of his peers. Meaning he commited a crime and was found guilty.
Personal opinion matters a lot, but you don't have to share if you don't want to.
my personal take

Shadow Area 1-0

ImageImage Image

eabaker

Post by eabaker »

CrimsonBloodX wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:35 pm but as a proud patriotic American who loves this country and wouldn't want to live anywhere else
And "as a proud patriotic American who loves this country and wouldn't want to live anywhere else," what are your feelings on institutional and systemic racism?
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

I find it pretty skreeonking stupid to call out people for saying they love this country.

I am an unapologetic America loving God loving, God fearing man.

And it's skreeonking sad to see that whenever some patriot says they love their country they are assumed to not believe in anything else other than to be one of "those" conservatives or a Trump fan.

skreeonking pathetic.