Official News topic

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Official News topic

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

The only chance that he would've not been guilty of murder, was if he died of some other issue. However, pretty much all the medics and everyone involved instantly stated that it was very clear that he died from the officers actions. It's always been abundantly clear that he died of having his neck kneeled on for 9 mins. Ask yourself honestly, if it wasn't a cop doing that to someones neck, would you even question who caused the murder? The cop has been given much more resources and leeway and opportunity to explain himself for the unexplainable.

Riots aren't a good thing, violence isn't a good thing. But let's not conflate the issues.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

goji89 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:20 pm
miguelnuva wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:59 pm
And Goji89 why are you saying that like he was going to be found guilty regardless. You don't think what he did was a crime?
It doesn't matter what I think, he was found guilty by a jury of his peers. Meaning he commited a crime and was found guilty.
Personal opinion matters a lot, but you don't have to share if you don't want to.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

CrimsonBloodX wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:35 pm but as a proud patriotic American who loves this country and wouldn't want to live anywhere else
And "as a proud patriotic American who loves this country and wouldn't want to live anywhere else," what are your feelings on institutional and systemic racism?
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

I find it pretty fucking stupid to call out people for saying they love this country.

I am an unapologetic America loving God loving, God fearing man.

And it's fucking sad to see that whenever some patriot says they love their country they are assumed to not believe in anything else other than to be one of "those" conservatives or a Trump fan.

Fucking pathetic.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

goji89 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:06 am I find it pretty fucking stupid to call out people for saying they love this country.

And it's fucking sad to see that whenever some patriot says they love their country they are assumed to not believe in anything else other than to be one of "those" conservatives or a Trump fan.

Fucking pathetic.
Good thing that's in no way what just happened.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

eabaker wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:16 am
goji89 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:06 am I find it pretty skreeonking stupid to call out people for saying they love this country.

And it's skreeonking sad to see that whenever some patriot says they love their country they are assumed to not believe in anything else other than to be one of "those" conservatives or a Trump fan.

skreeonking pathetic.
Oh, so guy comes in says that and you just question him on his thoughts out of the blue? Why just because or because he said what he said?

What answer did you think you'd get? He'd say he's fine with it, which I think no one here is.
Last edited by goji89 on Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

goji89 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:19 am
goji89 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:06 am I find it pretty skreeonking stupid to call out people for saying they love this country.

And it's skreeonking sad to see that whenever some patriot says they love their country they are assumed to not believe in anything else other than to be one of "those" conservatives or a Trump fan.

skreeonking pathetic.
Oh, so guy comes in says that and you just question him on his thoughts out of the blue? Why just because or because he said what he said?
You know perfectly well that I was responding primarily to the content of the rest of his post, and quoted that specific line primarily for rhetorical purposes to structure and contextualize my own reply. I don't know exactly why you're intentionally misinterpreting me.

As to the broader issue you raise, though, let's be realistic: 99% of the time, when somebody goes out of their way to comment on being "America loving" or "God loving," they're doing it with the intention of implying that somebody else isn't. It's a cheap way of passive-aggressively slandering anyone you don't like or don't agree with. (Also, I'm not sure why you've brought religion into this at all.)
What answer did you think you'd get? He'd say he's fine with it, which I think no one here is.
An awful lot of people will deny that those things exist at all, or that they are significant problems in need of strong response.
Last edited by eabaker on Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:46 am, edited 5 times in total.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

eabaker wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:26 am

You know perfectly well that I was responding primarily to the content of the rest of his post, and quoted that specific line primarily for rhetorical purposes to structure and contextualize my own reply. I don't know exactly why you're intentionally misinterpreting me.

As to the broader issue you raise, though, let's be realistic: 99% of the time, when somebody goes out of their way to comment on being "America loving" or "God loving," they're doing it with the intention of implying that somebody else isn't. It's a cheap way of passive-aggressively slandering anyone you don't like or don't agree with. (Also, I'm not sure why you've brought religion into this at all.)
An awful lot of people will deny that those things exist at all, or that they are significant problems in need of strong response.
Exactly why I said what I said. You purposely selected that line instead of the rest of the post and for what? To call out someone saying they're patriotic? I find it pretty stupid to call on people for saying they're patriotic unapologetically.

I'm a proud America loving patriot myself. I brought religion into this because it goes hand in hand with my beliefs God and Country. Doesn't mean I'm like anybody else.

I could give a flying fuck whether ANYONE believes I'm this trump loving racist because I believe in my Country and my God.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

goji89 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:48 am
eabaker wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:26 am

Exactly why I said what I said. You purposely selected that line instead of the rest of the post and for what? To call out someone saying they're patriotic? I find it pretty stupid to call on people for saying they're patriotic unapologetically.

I'm a proud America loving patriot myself. I brought religion into this because it goes hand in hand with my beliefs God and Country. Doesn't mean I'm like anybody else.

I could give a flying fuck whether ANYONE believes I'm this trump loving racist because I believe in my Country and my God.
As I have said, and as you almost certainly knew in the first place, my point was not to "call someone out" about anything. You seem to be putting words in my mouth (or at least implications into my post) with the specific aim of painting me as "unpatriotic." And where was it suggested that anyone should apologize for their patriotism? It reads like to be bringing a lot of baggage with you into this conversation.

Your belief in God goes hand in hand with your belief in your country, but that doesn't make it anything but a non sequitur here, unless your aim is to demonize non-theists by implying that religion is a necessary component of patriotism.

Nobody brought Trump up. Nobody said or implied that anybody else was a racist. You're arguing with a hypothetical boogeyman.

This isn't going anywhere productive, so after his point, I'm done with this conversation. Just rest assured, nobody is questioning or devaluing your patriotism or your religion, nor anyone else's.

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

"When you ask someone for their opinion on racism, it means you're calling them out on their patriotism" is probably the hottest take I've seen on TK in a while.
He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:54 pm "When you ask someone for their opinion on racism, it means you're calling them out on their patriotism" is probably the hottest take I've seen on TK in a while.
You know damn well it isn't that. What it is that whenever anyone says "I'm a proud American who loves his country" many assume they're racists or deep right crazy conservative, so stop coming in here with that stupid "Hot take" crap.

Zasraniec
Monarch Researcher

Post by Zasraniec »

America has a serious problem with racism but Floyd getting some justice is a step in the right direction.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

goji89 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:16 pm
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:54 pm "When you ask someone for their opinion on racism, it means you're calling them out on their patriotism" is probably the hottest take I've seen on TK in a while.
You know damn well it isn't that. What it is that whenever anyone says "I'm a proud American who loves his country" many assume they're racists or deep right crazy conservative, so stop coming in here with that stupid "Hot take" crap.
Or they have no problem with racism and don't realize it. It's good to love your country and be a man of God, I love America and I love serving my God.

America however is still a fucked up place that needs a lot of work.

Not every patriot has this problem but a few do.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Gerdzerl

Post by Gerdzerl »

goji89 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:16 pm What it is that whenever anyone says "I'm a proud American who loves his country" many assume they're racists or deep right crazy conservative
Well, to be fair, there are many people who say things along the lines of, "I'm a proud American who loves his country" and do, in fact, have racist/far right conservative viewpoints. Even if you personally aren't like that, it's not exactly that unfounded of a conclusion to make.

To clarify, nobody here is accusing you of anything, it's just important to be aware that statements like that don't exist in a vacuum.
Last edited by Gerdzerl on Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

miguelnuva wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:40 pm
Or they have no problem with racism and don't realize it. It's good to love your country and be a man of God, I love America and I love serving my God.

America however is still a skreeonked up place that needs a lot of work.

Not every patriot has this problem but a few do.
See, this I can get behind, I agree with you. An acknowledgement of this goes a long way and yes America is far from perfect but to say it's a fucked up place is wrong. It's flawed but NOT fucked and yes it needs work.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Chad dictator Idriss Deby dies on the battlefield : https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/af ... story.html

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

goji89 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:16 pm What it is that whenever anyone says "I'm a proud American who loves his country" many assume they're racists or deep right crazy conservative, so stop coming in here with that stupid "Hot take" crap.
You're not even wrong. I myself used to defend America from bashing by pointing out all the good in our country along with the bad, but I've found myself subconsciously slipping into this 'patriotism = negative far-right stereotype' mindset after all the bullshit of the last few years. I know that is a long way from always being true, but it's sort of a knee-jerk thing.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

Owned. :lol:

How much you want to bet Ben would be saying justice was served if they let a murderer cop go free yet again? Which thankfully didn't happen this time.
Last edited by KManX89 on Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

We don’t assume you’re deep right crazy conservative because you’re religious or patriotic, goji.

We assume you’re deep right crazy conservative because of the hundreds of complaints you’ve posted about liberals/leftists over the past three months. :P
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.