Y-MSF Figures Discussion Thread

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.

Which is your favorite Y-MSF figure?

1. Hedorah
7%
2. Gabara
11%
3. Godzilla 1962
10%
4. Godzilla 1967 w/Minya
5%
5. Varan
7%
6. Rodan
6%
7. Godzilla 1965
11%
8. Godzilla 1968
2%
9. Manda
12%
10. Megalon
31%

Total votes: 123

SoggyNoodles2016

Re: Y-MSF Figures Discussion Thread

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

RIP Evan.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Just want to point out that YMSF has a habit of creating prototype sculpts for things they never release. But everyone knew that, right?

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

Yeah, everyone is used to it at this point. Their only new releases recently are like, a new Manda which had one run, a new Minilla (I think?), and Behemoth.
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Legion1979 wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:07 am Just want to point out that YMSF has a habit of creating prototype sculpts for things they never release. But everyone knew that, right?
So we shouldn't be interested because there's a 40% chance this is one they won't release?

Too cynical for me bud, lol.

RIP Evan.

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

WELL
They're sitting on a massive horde of unreleased sculpts. With ones like
-Cthulu
-Wolfman
-Baragon
-Biollante
-Godzilla 1989
-FW Hedorah
-1964 Rodan
-Jet Jaguar
-Anguirus
-Titanosaurus
-Kamacaurus
-Megalon
-Frankenstein
-King Caesar
-Showa Ghidorah
-Showa Gigan
Last edited by Moth on Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:18 am, edited 3 times in total.
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

It's true, Y-MSF almost never releases new figures lol, while also releasing them out of order
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:14 am
Legion1979 wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:07 am Just want to point out that YMSF has a habit of creating prototype sculpts for things they never release. But everyone knew that, right?
So we shouldn't be interested because there's a 40% chance this is one they won't release?

Too cynical for me bud, lol.
Not saying you shouldn't be interested. But expectations should be kept in check because odds are this could never see release.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Moth wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:16 am WELL
They're sitting on a massive horde of unreleased sculpts. With ones like
-Cthulu
-Wolfman
-Baragon
-Biollante
-Godzilla 1989
-FW Hedorah
-1964 Rodan
-Jet Jaguar
-Anguirus
-Titanosaurus
-Kamacaurus
-Megalon
-Frankenstein
-King Caesar
-Showa Ghidorah
-Showa Gigan
Yeah, but to be fair, it Is a very small company and they have said that FW Hedorah, Cthulhu and the new Megalon should be hitting in 2022.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

They've been sitting on some of these protos since like, 2012? There's a good chance there could be a fast turnover for FW Hedorah and Zilla since they're using a new prototype method, so I have hopes for those two at least.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

Not to mention that a YMSF Zilla would likely be the most popular figure they ever release, considering the massive demand for such a thing. Id give up my left leg for one honestly. I wouldnt be surprised if they prioritized it.
Last edited by Executive Hamster on Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vastatosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by vastatosaurus »

Is this Zilla figure gonna be officially licensed by Toho? I know the company is known to get official licenses, but I doubt it's really doing it or just pretending.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Moth wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:38 pm They've been sitting on some of these protos since like, 2012? There's a good chance there could be a fast turnover for FW Hedorah and Zilla since they're using a new prototype method, so I have hopes for those two at least.
Yeah. Plus, the new sculpts for Manda and Behemoth really came at record speed from prototype reveals to actual runs.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Update on the G'89 from the Facebook. The metal mold is due in September, which means G'89 is officially coming in the pipeline. Let's f'n go!

Quote of the Year:

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

I’ve never purchased a single Y-MSF figure, but damn does that BioGoji look great! Might just pick it up when it’s released.
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

Aren't all Y-MSFs sculpted by the same guy? He's getting good, wow. BioGoji is on-point.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Misato stans just built different.

DoubleDam21
G-Grasper

Post by DoubleDam21 »

That is one of my favorite suits and they did an absolutely fantastic job on it. I will definitely have to add that one to the collection.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

I find it funny that both Bandai and Y-MSF are planning a 89/91 release in the near future.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:44 am Image
Oh that looks brilliant!

YMSF will never release him though, lol

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

If anyone is interested, I'm currently selling an older closed mouth Gabara and poster pose Gaira. Send me a PM if interested.

Quote of the Year:

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Seems like Zilla is getting fast tracked.

Quote of the Year: