Y-MSF Figures Discussion Thread

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.

Which is your favorite Y-MSF figure?

1. Hedorah
7%
2. Gabara
11%
3. Godzilla 1962
10%
4. Godzilla 1967 w/Minya
5%
5. Varan
7%
6. Rodan
6%
7. Godzilla 1965
11%
8. Godzilla 1968
2%
9. Manda
12%
10. Megalon
31%

Total votes: 123

vastatosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Re: Y-MSF Figures Discussion Thread

Post by vastatosaurus »

I asked him whether the Behemoth figure is officially licensed, and then he blocked me without any answer. What the?

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

vastatosaurus wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:08 pm I asked him whether the Behemoth figure is officially licensed, and then he blocked me without any answer. What the?
That means it isn't. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Last edited by DirektorSplennic on Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

Guessing he couldn't score the license for Behemoth like he said he would.
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

I love Behemoth, and as such, I hate to complain about what may very well end up being our only 6" figure of it - assuming it ever even sees release - but man, that head sculpt still bugs me. Its fairly off when you compare it to the actual design. I was hoping he would update it like he does with some of these things, but it doesn't look like it at this point. Ah well, got to take what you can get.

I still want the Rodan 1964 and Biollante Rose I was promised! But I'm happy with Giant Condor and Varan for now, I suppose... I hope he restocks them soon!

vastatosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by vastatosaurus »

DirektorSplennic wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:17 pm
vastatosaurus wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:08 pm I asked him whether the Behemoth figure is officially licensed, and then he blocked me without any answer. What the?
I wanted to know because I was going to buy it only if it was officially licensed. I don't collect third party figures so. And that he once mentioned that he was trying to get the license.

But why would he block me immediately without answer? LOL

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

vastatosaurus wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:10 pm
DirektorSplennic wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:17 pm
I wanted to know because I was going to buy it only if it was officially licensed. I don't collect third party figures so. And that he once mentioned that he was trying to get the license.

But why would he block me immediately without answer? LOL
Maybe he misunderstood and thought you were trying to "attack" him over the fact that it isn't licensed instead of just asking a question. You didn't do anything wrong.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

vastatosaurus wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:10 pm I wanted to know because I was going to buy it only if it was officially licensed. I don't collect third party figures so.
The figure would be no different if it was licensed or not, I don't understand this mentality.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Lol most of the time third party tends to be of a higher quality too. (paint may vary)
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

vastatosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by vastatosaurus »

UltramanGoji wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:46 am
vastatosaurus wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:10 pm I wanted to know because I was going to buy it only if it was officially licensed. I don't collect third party figures so.
The figure would be no different if it was licensed or not, I don't understand this mentality.
There must be many people who think like me.... Those without the license are considered as fan-made ones to me. Custom figures. Could be even better than the official ones in the quality, but not worth collecting for me. I collect only official merchandises.

And this is not what I really concern about but, what they are doing is basically stealing the property.

I'm not blaming people who pay for them, I'm just saying there are reasons to act like me.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Just so everyone knows, Behemoth goes on sale tomorrow (the 17th). VERY limited and low stock at just 100. $100 a pop. Might be your only chance. I already ordered mine.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

I've never bought from Y-MSF, but I managed to score a Hedorah figure through one of my go to ebay sellers, simply because I loved the MMS figure so much and wanted more Hedorah. Since I never bought from Y-MSF before I was wondering if anyone had any details on this figure, like scale, when it was released, ect. It seems like Y-MSF has released a lot of Hedorah figures.

Kinggoji1962
Monarch Researcher

Post by Kinggoji1962 »

I ordered a behemoth, he should be here by next week

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Was just told the new Manda sculpt goes on sale next week.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

And out of nowhere, a FANTASTIC Orga!

This might be my first Y-MSF. Looks great and the eating pose means he can go with my SHMA SCV 2000 without articulation

RIP Evan.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

They've been posting A LOT of prototypes lately. I really hope more than a few of these actually get production runs. That GodzOrga looks incredible. As does his recent showings of a Godzilla '73 and '71.

Quote of the Year:

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

BUMP.

So got my 3rd Hedorah today. Hoping this marks the end of the awesome repaints they do for this sculpt. I'd kill to see a zombie Godzilla or Gargantua in the future.

Quote of the Year:

Kinggoji1962
Monarch Researcher

Post by Kinggoji1962 »

Looks like he's getting ready for a batch of Minillas. This is the old sculpt.
Last edited by Kinggoji1962 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Can someone clue me in how to purchase these? Is it just as simple as contacting them on FB?
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Kinggoji1962
Monarch Researcher

Post by Kinggoji1962 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:18 am Can someone clue me in how to purchase these? Is it just as simple as contacting them on FB?
Contacting them through Facebook or their @ymsf3 Instagram works. You just need a Paypal. He tells you everything you need to do when purchasing.

ArchdukeSquidlyIII
G-Force Personnel

Post by ArchdukeSquidlyIII »

Kinggoji1962 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:04 am Image
Looks like he's getting ready for a batch of Minillas. I can't tell if this the new sculpt or old sculpt.
That is indeed the old sculpt.
Please refer to me as jiggy22 (or just jiggy!)