Marmit Monster Heaven Appreciation Thread

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Rody
Xilien Halfling

Re: Marmit Monster Heaven Appreciation Thread

Post by Rody »

Those look pretty nice; Marmits have an incredible charm to them in person.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

So I adjusted the brightness and contrast on the figures Im getting since it seems like something is written in the vinyl
Image Image
Phase 1 it says, I think. Anyone know what thats about?

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Executive Hamster wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:29 am So I adjusted the brightness and contrast on the figures Im getting since it seems like something is written in the vinyl
Image Image
Phase 1 it says, I think. Anyone know what thats about?
I can not tell you.

But I can tell you, I am SUPER jelly of you getting that Reptar GXMG. Been wanting one for a few years.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Honestly, it looked cool and it was one of the cheapest Marmit figures I could find so thats why I went with it. There is still another one on Ebay for only $160. Id say thats not the worst price for a second hand sofubi figure, at least from what Ive seen.

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

how do you guys buy these from outside of Japan? Im currently stalking one that'll be going live in two weeks on the marmit shop, but it looks like they only ship in Japan. are there other retailers that ship internationally?
Last edited by master_of_monsters on Tue Apr 05, 2022 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
your source of self destruction

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

master_of_monsters wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 5:24 pm how do you guys buy these from outside of Japan? Im currently stalking one that'll be going live in two weeks on the marmit shop, but it looks like they only ship in Japan. are there other retailers that ship internationally?
You need a middleman service or to have someone in Japan purchase them for you. Unless somehow they are on a website that ships internationally and Marmit doesn't have a "No Gaijins Allowed" disclaimer on it. Once they hit second hand its your usual suspects, but be prepaired to see some HIGH prices.

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

SpaceG92 wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 5:34 pm
master_of_monsters wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 5:24 pm how do you guys buy these from outside of Japan? Im currently stalking one that'll be going live in two weeks on the marmit shop, but it looks like they only ship in Japan. are there other retailers that ship internationally?
You need a middleman service or to have someone in Japan purchase them for you. Unless somehow they are on a website that ships internationally and Marmit doesn't have a "No Gaijins Allowed" disclaimer on it. Once they hit second hand its your usual suspects, but be prepaired to see some HIGH prices.
Right. Do you know of any middleman services?
Or if anyone here is willing to help send a pm plz
your source of self destruction

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Got these beauties in from SpageG92
The 89 looks great with my Marusan 89

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

Does Marmit even put out new stuff...? I'm not following the matter, but I can't recall any recent figure news from them.
Size DOES matter!

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

I think Shin Godzilla was the last new sculpt(s) they did. And that was almost out of the blue because they hadn’t done anything new in some time prior.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Aside from Shin, they haven't done any new sculpts in a decade.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Yeah, Marmit seems dead in the water. Which is a shame. I was hoping to get a Desugoji at some point. Every Godzilla collector needs a Desugoji, it seems. But if they aren't releasing any new ones my only options are, from what Ive seen, a MINIMUM $600 to as much as $16,000. Aftermarket on these things is insane.

I shiver to imagine 20 or 30 years from now, the prices some of these figures will go for.

EDIT: I realized I didnt post this in this thread yet, but Ive actually got a few more Marmits to my name now
Mothra is pretty neat.
Ive been told that this particular Godzilla 1964 is pretty rare. Cannot confirm. What I can confirm is that the star of the show is that Dessy back there. Probably the second most impressive figure on my shelf (hard to beat the Marusan 450 Biollante across from it). This figure came from SpaceG92 as well. In total I have 5 Marmit figures, and for the time being I dont plan on getting any more. For my stylized shelf I have one more Marusan to get and one more M1, and that will be all, at least for now.
Last edited by Executive Hamster on Sat May 06, 2023 8:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Marmit did release at least one or two variants of the DesuGoji mold in the Medicom “Vinyl Wars” line that put out vinyls from multiple companies (Marmit and CCP off the top of my head) a few years ago. I know they skyrocketed on the aftermarket. But, if they put it out as recently as a few years ago, maybe they’ll find another channel to release it again in the future.

Also, I find it hard to believe anyone is paying $16,000 for a 9 inch vinyl figure. Where on earth did you see one actually sell for that?
Last edited by canofhumdingers on Sat May 06, 2023 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

I havent seen one actually sell for that much, but thats the largest price Ive seen it sell for. I doubt anyone actually has paid that much for one but I wouldn't be surprised if some instagram clout chasers did.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

eBay list prices are not real prices. You can filter sold listings and see what people are actually paying for stuff. Nobody actually buys those ridiculous Marmit etc. listings for thousands of dollars.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

It seems a few of them sold. The range for sold listings are between $500-$1000. Someone won one at auction for $150, lucky ass mofo. Still, generally speaking the prices are still absolutely absurd. The most rare colorways should still be $300 or less. Oh well. Scalpers gotta scalp.

Jomei
Futurian

Post by Jomei »

XxHeiseifanxX wrote:Can we lower age limit! There are TOO MANY HEISEI HATERS!!!
Thatguy4683 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:04 pmWhat? Is this a joke? What gonna on here?
♡ Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin!♡
Challenge me to a Pokémon battle

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Is Spiral considered part of Marmit now?

Jomei
Futurian

Post by Jomei »

Executive Hamster wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 8:56 am Is Spiral considered part of Marmit now?
No, but read the text.

Apparently this was teased earlier!
https://www.reddit.com/r/GODZILLA/comme ... teased_by/
Last edited by Jomei on Wed May 10, 2023 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XxHeiseifanxX wrote:Can we lower age limit! There are TOO MANY HEISEI HATERS!!!
Thatguy4683 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:04 pmWhat? Is this a joke? What gonna on here?
♡ Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin!♡
Challenge me to a Pokémon battle

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

That teaser… are those not the MV Goji dorsals? Isn’t that just the spiral studios figure?