Godzilla Bandai USA/Creations Discussion

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Salzilla
Interpol Agent

Re: Godzilla Bandai USA/Creations Discussion

Post by Salzilla »

MandaSaurus wrote: WHAT makes you think that SHMA and NECA aren't touching Kong? They haven't announced anything yet... :eh:
NECA did not score the license for GvK, they're even on record saying they aren't making figures for it.

SHMA more than likely will because it's Godzilla. They didn't for Kong Skull Island, but most likely they figured--possibly based on sales of the PJ Kong--that it wasn't going to sell in Japan which is the market they make these for first and foremost. GvK is a different beast, though, because of said Godzilla factor.

Playmates also has a license for it.
Last edited by Salzilla on Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ULTRAZILLA TOYS
Latest Kaiju review: Bandai Movie Monster Series Godzilla Ultima https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCkhkPWINDI

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

GodzillaFreak99 wrote:
Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:In another picture on that Instagram account is another view of the Destoroyah figure next to a new SpaceGodzilla so it’s not a spoiler.
Millennium Gigan is also in that picture on Godzilla's right. So yeah its nothing new.

Which Godzilla is it? It's a little hard for me to tell.
Pic is too blurry to tell for sure.
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

MandaSaurus wrote:
WHAT makes you think that SHMA and NECA aren't touching Kong? They haven't announced anything yet... :eh:
Until they actually announce something, we all know it's best not to expect anything at all from either of these companies. They'll put out a new Godzilla, of course, but I won't believe a Kong until I see one. Anyway, I just thought it was funny that Bandai Creations, who never release anything new, got to Kong before they did.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

JAGzilla wrote:
MandaSaurus wrote:
WHAT makes you think that SHMA and NECA aren't touching Kong? They haven't announced anything yet... :eh:
Until they actually announce something, we all know it's best not to expect anything at all from either of these companies. They'll put out a new Godzilla, of course, but I won't believe a Kong until I see one. Anyway, I just thought it was funny that Bandai Creations, who never release anything new, got to Kong before they did.
Okay, so NECA's out of the game on this one( it seems ), but I wouldn't count SHMA out yet. As a matter of fact, WHY would they produce another movie Goji so soon, and NOT his opponent? I don't see it. KSI had no direct links to the Godzilla-verse, so I get why Tamashii didn't do the big ape - this time, it's quite different. SHMA has also demonstrated that they can do gorillas, and do them WELL. Unless Tamashii themselves say "No Kong", then I don't believe it...

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

MandaSaurus wrote:
JAGzilla wrote:
MandaSaurus wrote:
Okay, so NECA's out of the game on this one( it seems ), but I wouldn't count SHMA out yet. As a matter of fact, WHY would they produce another movie Goji so soon, and NOT his opponent? I don't see it. KSI had no direct links to the Godzilla-verse, so I get why Tamashii didn't do the big ape - this time, it's quite different. SHMA has also demonstrated that they can do gorillas, and do them WELL. Unless Tamashii themselves say "No Kong", then I don't believe it...
No ties expected for the Big 4 being in the film and Godzilla's roar.

If Tamashii did 05 Kong they could have done skull island if they wanted.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

miguelnuva wrote:

That was just an after-credits scene that a good chunk of the audience didn't even see. I wish SHMA would've made an SI Kong, but that scene alone in no way justifies it.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

JAGzilla wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:

That was just an after-credits scene that a good chunk of the audience didn't even see. I wish SHMA would've made an SI Kong, but that scene alone in no way justifies it.
Toho had approved the use and Godzilla almost made a full appearance in the film. That Kong was way more connected to Godzilla than the 2005 Kong which leads me to believe Tamashii must didn't want to make a skull island Kong.

The scene and the fact that we knew Godzilla vs Kong was coming links Kong and Godzilla. Skull island is no different than Rodan 56 tying into Ghidorah.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

DoubleDam21
G-Grasper

Post by DoubleDam21 »

MandaSaurus wrote:
JAGzilla wrote:
MandaSaurus wrote:
You do realize that they never made either MUTOs right? So I wouldn't put it past them.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

@DoubleDam21: Kong has quite the pedigree in Monster-land, so I wouldn't put the MUTOs on his level. The MUTOs were put in Godzilla 2014 so that Big G would have something to fight WITHOUT having to license more kaiju from Toho. Tamashii passed on KSI as the link to the Godzilla Gang was tenuous( post-credits )at best. They're NOT gonna pass on Kong THIS time. I'd bet on it...

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

They would be damned stupid to pass him up. It's KING KONG. He's arguably better known than Godzilla, guaranteed to sell well, and they'll almost certainly never have a better opportunity to cash in on him than when he's going to fight Godzilla in Hollywood CGI for the first time ever. This chance will probably never come again, in fact. Hell, he wouldn't even be a hard or expensive figure to make. His design is basically humanoid and just about as simple as kaiju get. And I imagine he'll get some kind of electric powerup or something similar in the movie (do not spoil it if anything's been leaked), so there may even be repaint potential.

Grunkle Sans
Interpol Agent

Post by Grunkle Sans »

Bandai Creation Shin Godzilla and SpaceGodzilla found

https://imgur.com/a/LUa8AjI
(pic won't upload to post)

Last edited by Grunkle Sans on Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:39 pm, edited 4 times in total.
:gigan:

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Grunkle Sans wrote:Bandai Creation Shin Godzilla and SpaceGodzilla found

Shin looks really derpy even from the side, but I kind of like it. Same for SG.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

Ain’t Bandai America. Look at the bottom left hand Corner. It’s playmates.

GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

Post by GodzillaFreak99 »

godzilla1541 wrote:

Ain’t Bandai America. Look at the bottom left hand Corner. It’s playmates.

So...does this mean Playmates is doing vinyls too or what?
"There is no fate but what we make for ourselves."
GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

Ultra_Henshin_Fan
JXSDF Technician

Post by Ultra_Henshin_Fan »

Boy howdy those are some kind of funky looking.

Shin looks like he's coughing out a hairball

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

These are NOT made by BANDAI...? o_O
Last edited by Petezilla on Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Size DOES matter!

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I just want a nice modern Kong Bandai to stand next to my Kong 93...
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Grunkle Sans
Interpol Agent

Post by Grunkle Sans »

The boxes are the same but now it's apparently PLAYMATES doing them.. interesting. I've got more pics but if you google around you can find them. The mold from Shin is just the NECA mold with no articulation and the SpaceG mold is just the bandai one..

https://i.imgur.com/herIvkq.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/BVLr3am.jpg
Last edited by Grunkle Sans on Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
:gigan:

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

Wow, those are some bad looking teeth on Space Godzilla.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

ArchdukeSquidlyIII
G-Force Personnel

Post by ArchdukeSquidlyIII »

I’m speechless.
Please refer to me as jiggy22 (or just jiggy!)