Godzilla Bandai USA/Creations Discussion

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
bonziebonzie
Yojimbo

Re: Godzilla Bandai USA/Creations Discussion

Post by bonziebonzie »

Yeesh these look terrible. Really can’t see kids buying these when they’re most likely sharing the same shelf space as the Bandai Creations Godzilla toys, the Jakks KOTM toys, and Mattel’s Jurassic World line. Here’s hoping that Playmates just released these to have something on the shelves and this doesn’t reflect the quality of the Godzilla vs. Kong line.

DoubleDam21
G-Grasper

Post by DoubleDam21 »

Yeah I even saw Destroyah and Kong and these all look like bootleg figures. I was going to consider picking one or two up but can’t justify it even putting them with my Bandai Creation figures and that is saying something.

GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

Post by GodzillaFreak99 »

bonziebonzie wrote:Yeesh these look terrible. Really can’t see kids buying these when they’re most likely sharing the same shelf space as the Bandai Creations Godzilla toys, the Jakks KOTM toys, and Mattel’s Jurassic World line. Here’s hoping that Playmates just released these to have something on the shelves and this doesn’t reflect the quality of the Godzilla vs. Kong line.

DoubleDam21 wrote:Yeah I even saw Destroyah and Kong and these all look like bootleg figures. I was going to consider picking one or two up but can’t justify it even putting them with my Bandai Creation figures and that is saying something.

Yeah, these look pretty bad. Idk, I might pick up thicc Kong. (If only so I can say I have 6 inch Kong in my collection.) The other's however...No, jsut no.
"There is no fate but what we make for ourselves."
GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Post by Thegarbagemonster »

I just got the King Caesar, the newer reissue one with the Godzilla 65th logo on the box.
If anyone has this...can you confirm that the ears move? Mine are stiff and I don't wanna break it, lol, but I know the older one had moving ears.

Steel Hellkite
Samurai

Post by Steel Hellkite »

Lady friend got me something wholly unexpected for Christmas. I'm kinda unsure where else to show it off.

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Post by Thegarbagemonster »

Steel Hellkite wrote:Lady friend got me something wholly unexpected for Christmas. I'm kinda unsure where else to show it off.
holy shockirus dude, you're gonna need a kennel for that thing.....

Steel Hellkite
Samurai

Post by Steel Hellkite »

Thegarbagemonster wrote:
Steel Hellkite wrote:Lady friend got me something wholly unexpected for Christmas. I'm kinda unsure where else to show it off.
holy shockirus dude, you're gonna need a kennel for that thing.....
:D He is far from the biggest beastie in the bunch, but ya. He stands nose to nose with any gigantic series figure. The tail curves around too, so the footprint isn't as awful as most of them.
Last edited by Steel Hellkite on Wed Dec 25, 2019 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

Post by GodzillaFreak99 »

Thegarbagemonster wrote:I just got the King Caesar, the newer reissue one with the Godzilla 65th logo on the box.
If anyone has this...can you confirm that the ears move? Mine are stiff and I don't wanna break it, lol, but I know the older one had moving ears.

Since i'ts pretty much a repaint of the original, I'm pretty sure the ears are still articulated.
"There is no fate but what we make for ourselves."
GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Well, 2020's here and still no classic Toho Godzilla or Toho kaiju figures.

I guess it may be time to say they've gone the way of the dodo by now.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

They are like the ents they move very slowly

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Has Bandai USA done any figures at all lately, at least for the Monsterverse films, if not the Toho ones?

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

mikelcho wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:09 am Has Bandai USA done any figures at all lately, at least for the Monsterverse films, if not the Toho ones?
As far as I am aware, no.

The last work they did was for 2014 and the MMS EX wave. I remember the last interview they had with Chris a few years ago mentioned they were planning something for Shin and KOTM but nothing ended up happening. Since that evaporated its been radio silence ever since

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

ROMG4 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:59 am
mikelcho wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:09 am Has Bandai USA done any figures at all lately, at least for the Monsterverse films, if not the Toho ones?

The last work they did was for 2014 and the MMS EX wave. I remember the last interview they had with Chris a few years ago mentioned they were planning something for Shin and KOTM but nothing ended up happening. Since that evaporated its been radio silence ever since
Okay, thanks!

FlawedCoil82
G-Force Personnel

Post by FlawedCoil82 »

mikelcho wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:30 pm

Okay, thanks!
Keep in mind, Playmates has taken over for Bandai Creation and is now releasing new vinyl figures in the same style BC packaging (they are doing GvK plus two recent classic vinyls of Jet Jaguar and Burning Godzilla at both Walmart and Target).
Katatonia, Within Temptation, Klone, Tool, Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Flaw, Breaking Benjamin, The Birthday Massacre, My Epic, Autumn, A Perfect Circle, Evanescence, Bush, Silverchair ('94-'01), Evergrey, Metallica, etc.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

FlawedCoil82 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 2:57 am
mikelcho wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:30 pm

Okay, thanks!
Keep in mind, Playmates has taken over for Bandai Creation and is now releasing new vinyl figures in the same style BC packaging (they are doing GvK plus two recent classic vinyls of Jet Jaguar and Burning Godzilla at both Walmart and Target).
Thanks again! This is great news!

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Just for the heckavit, here's a list of all the Bandai America classic Godzilla figures. I'll be doing this according to box color and/or figure set names. The names of the figures mentioned here will be the ones used on the boxes (if I get any of them wrong, especially the ones on the figure sets, please tell me and I'll fix them). All Godzillas and all other kaiju will be placed in order of their first film appearance depending on the variations of said Godzilla or kaiju.

First, the large figures:

12 inches tall (gray box)

*Godzilla Final Wars
*Mechagodzilla
*Gigan

11 inches tall (black, gray and red box)

*Godzilla Final Wars 2004
*Mechagodzilla
*Gigan Final Wars 2004

12 inches tall (white, red and yellow box)

*Godzilla Final Wars
*Mechagodzilla

Second, the small figures:

6 1/2 inches tall (black and orange box)

*Godzilla 1954
*Burning Godzilla
*Godzilla 2001
*Anguirus 1955 (announced but unreleased; if it had been released, it probably would have been 6 1/2 inches long)
*Gigan
*Mecha-King Ghidorah (announced but unreleased)
*Mechagodzilla
*SpaceGodzilla
*Rainbow Mothra (6 1/2 inches wide)
*King Ghidorah

6.5 inches tall (blue box)

*Godzilla 2004
*Anguirus 2004 (6 1/2 inches long)
*Rodan 2004
*Gigan 2004

6.5 inches tall (gray box)

*First Godzilla
*Godzilla 1968
*Godzilla Millennium
*Hedorah
*Mechagodzilla
*Destoroyah
*Anguirus 2004 (6 1/2 inches long; this figure's name and picture were never mentioned on any of the boxes of this set)

6 1/2 inches tall (black, gray and red box)

*First Godzilla
*Godzilla 1968 (also part of the Godzilla Fusion Series subset)
*Burning Godzilla (also part of the Godzilla Fusion Series subset)
*Meltdown Godzilla (announced but released; if it had been released, it would have been both part of the Godzilla Fusion Series subset and exclusive to that subset)
*Millennium Godzilla (also part of the Godzilla Fusion Series subset)
*Godzilla 2001
*Godzilla Final Wars 2004
*Gigan (also part of the Godzilla Fusion Series subset)
*Mechagodzilla the First
*King Caesar
*SpaceGodzilla
*Little Godzilla (announced but unreleased; if it had been released, it would have been shorter than 6 1/2 inches and the shortest figure (in terms of height) in the entire run)
*Rainbow Mothra (also part of the Godzilla Fusion Series subset) (both versions 6 1/2 inches wide)
*Gigan Final Wars 2004

6 1/2 inches tall (white, red and yellow box)

*Godzilla 1954
*Millennium Godzilla
*King Caesar
*King Ghidorah

Third, the figure sets (the first two of these are what I'm talking about when I mentioned getting the Godzilla and/or kaiju names right)

Pack of Destruction (2 1/2 inches tall)

*Godzilla 1954
*Burning Godzilla
*Manda (2 1/2 inches long)
*Minilla
*Gigan
*Mothra Larva (2 1/2 inches long)
*Mothra Imago (2 1/2 inches wide)
*MOGUERA
*Destoroyah Aggregate Form
*Destoroyah Perfect Form

Crumble Zone (3 1/2 inches tall)

*Godzilla 2001
*Baragon (3 1/2 inches long)
*Mothra Larva (3 1/2 inches long)
*Mothra Imago (3 1/2 inches wide)
*King Ghidorah

Godzilla Tokyo Vinyl

*Godzilla the First (announced but unreleased)
*Godzilla 2004
*Minilla (announced but unreleased)
*Mechagodzilla
*King Ghidorah (announced but unreleased)

Chibis

*Godzilla
*Gigan
*Mothra
*Mechagodzilla
*Destoroyah
*King Ghidorah

A bit of explanation: "long" refers to four-legged or non-two-legged kaiju figures (the latter in the case of the Mothra Larva figures) and, in the Rainbow Mothra/Mothra Imago figures, "wide" means from wingtip to wingtip.
Last edited by mikelcho on Mon May 16, 2022 4:41 pm, edited 7 times in total.

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

Reading that previous post reminds me of how much I want even more chibi figures. I managed to collect all the ones they did end up making and they’re a delight to see on the shelf.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Really saddened the Tokyo Vinyl line died so quickly. That King Ghidorah looked amazing.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

I remember the 55 Anguirus being the talk of the town back at Monster Zero forums back in the day. It looked damn good, but it was not to be...
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Yes, and that Tokyo Vinyl Minilla was a nice change for him. He really had a slightly angry look in his eyes, and that grin on his face...