Godzilla Bandai USA/Creations Discussion

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
JAGzilla
Sazer

Re: Godzilla Bandai USA/Creations Discussion

Post by JAGzilla »

My Walmart finally got a '68 Godzilla in after not restocking for several weeks, so I went ahead and bought it. It's a pretty okay-looking figure, easily the best of the current lineup. They also had a Mechagodzilla, and man... overall, I'm very happy with the sculpt and everything on that one, I wouldn't hesitate to get it... but those arms splayed weirdly out to the sides bug me just enough. If they were angled forward just a few degrees it'd make all the difference, but they're not. Anybody think there's a chance of a Bandai Japan Showa MG release anytime soon?
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

JAGzilla wrote:My Walmart finally got a '68 Godzilla in after not restocking for several weeks, so I went ahead and bought it. It's a pretty okay-looking figure, easily the best of the current lineup. They also had a Mechagodzilla, and man... overall, I'm very happy with the sculpt and everything on that one, I wouldn't hesitate to get it... but those arms splayed weirdly out to the sides bug me just enough. If they were angled forward just a few degrees it'd make all the difference, but they're not. Anybody think there's a chance of a Bandai Japan Showa MG release anytime soon?
No current plans. G54, FW Anguirus, FW Gigan are slated for Nov/Dec release, but nothing is known beyond that...

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

JAGzilla wrote:My Walmart finally got a '68 Godzilla in after not restocking for several weeks, so I went ahead and bought it. It's a pretty okay-looking figure, easily the best of the current lineup. They also had a Mechagodzilla, and man... overall, I'm very happy with the sculpt and everything on that one, I wouldn't hesitate to get it... but those arms splayed weirdly out to the sides bug me just enough. If they were angled forward just a few degrees it'd make all the difference, but they're not. Anybody think there's a chance of a Bandai Japan Showa MG release anytime soon?
Nope, the only plans for a new figure are a 1974 Godzilla and we haven't even gotten word from the company on it, only via the box at comic con. The line is geared for 4 year olds, they don't really care about the collectors side (which is fair from their POV) so don't get your hopes up
Last edited by Godzillian on Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Yeah, I know better than to expect anything from Bandai USA. :lol:

The Japanese side of things, though, I'm less familiar with. I know we only have Gigan, Anguirus, and G54 confirmed for this year, but is there any kind of discernable pattern to what gets released? I notice that there isn't much Showa content in the figures currently available on Amazon, so should I take that to mean Showa figures are low-priority and don't come along often?

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

JAGzilla wrote:Yeah, I know better than to expect anything from Bandai USA. :lol:

The Japanese side of things, though, I'm less familiar with. I know we only have Gigan, Anguirus, and G54 confirmed for this year, but is there any kind of discernable pattern to what gets released? I notice that there isn't much Showa content in the figures currently available on Amazon, so should I take that to mean Showa figures are low-priority and don't come along often?
No, not when it comes to MMS vinyls. EVERYTHING is fair game. Case in point, the upcoming G54 is Showa, and we also are getting two from Final Wars. Bandai Japan likes to jump all over the place, when it comes to vinyl releases...

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

MandaSaurus wrote:
No, not when it comes to MMS vinyls. EVERYTHING is fair game. Case in point, the upcoming G54 is Showa, and we also are getting two from Final Wars. Bandai Japan likes to jump all over the place, when it comes to vinyl releases...
Good to know. I've been keeping up with SHMA and NECA for years, so it'll be nice to follow a kaiju line that isn't predictable for a change.

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

Will this 1974 be a MMS or Bandai America figure?
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Stump Feet wrote:Will this 1974 be a MMS or Bandai America figure?
What 1974? :eh:

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Stump Feet wrote:Will this 1974 be a MMS or Bandai America figure?
The only 6” vinyl MG74 is from Bandai America.

Whoever said there’s “plans” for a 1974 Godzilla figure is thinking too much into a box from SDCC. Nothing official so far.
Last edited by UltramanGoji on Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zillamon51
GPN Volunteer

Post by Zillamon51 »

Any idea when the 4" "candy" mini-figures will show up in Walmart stores?

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

Zillamon51 wrote:Any idea when the 4" "candy" mini-figures will show up in Walmart stores?
From what I’ve heard they are actually showing up in targets

Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations
Site Director | Media Relations

Post by Chris55 »

Zillamon51 wrote:Any idea when the 4" "candy" mini-figures will show up in Walmart stores?
I thought they were going to be out by now.
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

Doc Phibes
Samurai

Post by Doc Phibes »

Those boxed 3.5" figures have been available in some NYC comic/toy shops for a few weeks. They're great! The '89 Godzilla scales well with last year's MMS Biollante. And I'm pretty sure the Shin Godzilla 2nd form is a more accurate scale to the large Shin 4th form figs out there.

Zillamon51
GPN Volunteer

Post by Zillamon51 »

godzilla1541 wrote:From what I’ve heard they are actually showing up in targets
Any idea where they're stocked? Toy department, or collectibles aisle (with the NECA figs, Funko Pops, etc.)?

Orichalcum
Interpol Agent

Post by Orichalcum »

Toy aisle if I had to guess, went to target the other day and they had various NECA Godzilla figures but none of these things
*Formerly known as Stump Feet*

Zillamon51
GPN Volunteer

Post by Zillamon51 »

What about the Mega Godzilla Earth figure? Some preorder pages list a September release, some November. Anything official?

rob559
GPN Volunteer

Post by rob559 »

godzilla1541 wrote:
From what I’ve heard they are actually showing up in targets
Any other stores that might be selling them at besides Target, Walmart or comic book stores? Possibly Barnes & Noble? They did carry a 2014 and a Final wars G that I did pick up a few years ago.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

If Barnes & Noble is carrying them, they're definitely not at my store.

Orichalcum
Interpol Agent

Post by Orichalcum »

Are these guys supposed to be popping up in Walmart’s? If so they’d have to be sold with the other Godzilla figures the store carries (Jakks and Bandai America) right?
*Formerly known as Stump Feet*

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Orichalcum wrote:Are these guys supposed to be popping up in Walmart’s? If so they’d have to be sold with the other Godzilla figures the store carries (Jakks and Bandai America) right?
Not necessarily. Sometimes Walmart places blind box toys near the registers next to the trading cards. If they're not in the toy aisle, check there.