Godzilla Bandai USA/Creations Discussion

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
kitik
Samurai

Godzilla Bandai USA/Creations Discussion

Post by kitik »

EE.com just put this preorder up on their website:
Godzilla 6 1/2-Inch Action Figure Wave 2 Set

1x Gigan
1x Godzilla 1968
1x Mecha Godzilla 1st
1x Gigan Clear Version
1x Godzilla 1968 Clear Version
1x Mecha Godzilla 1st Clear Version

The first 3 figures sound like more of the same old repacks/reissues that we've come to expect in the last few waves (though you never know until you actually see them), but then the 3 clear versions are a new direction for this line.

Anyone know if this is accurate or not? EE lists it as Bandai, but you never know I guess. The size and price does sound right for another Bandai USA/Creations wave.

They also put up this preorder, also a Bandai product:
Godzilla 5 1/2-Inch Super Deformed Collector Figure Set

Godzilla as you've never seen him before! Godzilla is as adorable as ever in 5 1/2-inch super-deformed chibi style vinyl collector figure! The set contains 2 individually packaged figures (subject to change):
1x Mecha Godzilla
1x Godzilla 2004

FlawedCoil82
G-Force Personnel

Re: New wave of Godzilla Bandai USA/Creations figures?

Post by FlawedCoil82 »

Even if they are a "new wave" they still sound like more worthless reissues if they aren't all new monsters or even new molds that we don't already have. Not to mention these figures would be impossible to find (around here at least) since both CVS and K-Mart dropped carrying them. So at this point, I am not excited. Bandai Creation has been discouraging/upsetting me more and more as time goes on.
Katatonia, Within Temptation, Klone, Tool, Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Flaw, Breaking Benjamin, The Birthday Massacre, My Epic, Autumn, A Perfect Circle, Evanescence, Bush, Silverchair ('94-'01), Evergrey, Metallica, etc.

UnCanny Studios
G-Force Personnel

Post by UnCanny Studios »

Its a legit update on a new assortment. It is not, however, any sort of guarantee that we will ever see these figures by 'March 2012' or any other date.

Several similar products from BC (US sculpts) and TrollnToad (plushes) have been announced and either disappeared or were postponed for months to years at a time.

So, yes - the new assortment exists in some form, or EntEarth never would have been notified. They only post after a company has sent them information. But if these things will ever see the light of day, let alone a toy store, is still up in the air.

We get all of these products at my local Toys R Us, so if I see anything next year I'll be sure to let everyone know.
GLENN AMER doesn't battle, he just allows you to Lose.

http://skreeonk.com - The Kaiju Fan Network! Check out the KAIJU FAN MARKETPLACE! Still going strong! Buy, sell, and list with other kaiju fans for free! Buy stuff!

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

Well, at least they're reissuing Mecha74. Of all BC figures, that one seems to be the one treated as the "rarest" - online the prices go up the ass on eBay for some reason. I collect that one, and 12" Gigan and I can be done.

EDIT:

I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

Tim85
EDF Instructor

Post by Tim85 »

JVM wrote:Well, at least they're reissuing Mecha74. Of all BC figures, that one seems to be the one treated as the "rarest" - online the prices go up the ass on eBay for some reason. I collect that one, and 12" Gigan and I can be done.
I'm glad they are too. I missed that one when it was out and I'm not paying the outragous prices that people want for it.

I'll also try to get the clear versions too.

I wonder why they aren't going for a holiday release?
I was mentioned in the SciFi Japan article about the appearence of extras on the Godzilla vs. Megalon DVD.

http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2012 ... p-mystery/

Biollante
JXSDF Technician

Post by Biollante »

JVM wrote: EDIT:
Look at that smug MechaGodzilla.

I want one.

ChunkyGodzilla
Monsterland Worker

Post by ChunkyGodzilla »

Why all the negativity? If they are rereleasing figures, Great. Not every one was able to catch the last waves. But more than once I see on here American & Japanese versions. They are the same but with a slightly diffrent color sceme & everyone goes gaga. So if they release the same figure with a diffrent color sceme I'll pick it up. As for the clear ones. I'll get those too. Also figures are not that hard to find. If your on here, then you have the internet & guess what? Every figure you ever dreamed of can be found here. Shipping is not that much, & sometimes cheaper than the gas it cost to drive to the store across town.

kitik
Samurai

Post by kitik »

That super deformed MechaGodzilla is pretty awesome looking!

SJM925
E.S.P.Spy

Post by SJM925 »

kitik wrote:

They also put up this preorder, also a Bandai product:
Godzilla 5 1/2-Inch Super Deformed Collector Figure Set
Cimmerian Dragon wrote:^ What the hell are those? Who made or is making them? When?

RedZillaKing

Post by RedZillaKing »

Those are adorable!

UnCanny Studios
G-Force Personnel

Post by UnCanny Studios »

Oh yes. I will be buying both of those SDs. They're so refreshing and unique! Boo Yah!
GLENN AMER doesn't battle, he just allows you to Lose.

http://skreeonk.com - The Kaiju Fan Network! Check out the KAIJU FAN MARKETPLACE! Still going strong! Buy, sell, and list with other kaiju fans for free! Buy stuff!

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

Wonder if they'll reissue the 12" figures again.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

ゴジラ
JXSDF Technician

Post by ゴジラ »

RedZillaKing wrote:Those are adorable!
Adorable? Not my exact words, but they are pretty cool looking.
MechaGodzilla has a grin that puts Jet Jaguar's to shame by miles, and that Godzilla looks very much like the Final Wars version. But still looks pretty cool.

kaijukurt
EDF Instructor

Post by kaijukurt »

Wow...Bandai Creation is finally doing some new creations of its own! (pardon the pun)
I'd sure like to get that Mechagodzilla!
Formerly known as kurtzilla

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

lol, that Godzilla is so ugly it's cute...

I will own it.
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

wataru wrote:Dont want either of those. Especially the MechaG.

Give me an accurate Goji 1989 ..
I am with you there. I'm not really all that hyped up about the two. Something about them just makes them look.. eh. I don't know what it is. But we do need a Godzilla '89. I'd like to se a closed mouth one.

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

Creature22 wrote:
wataru wrote:Dont want either of those. Especially the MechaG.

Give me an accurate Goji 1989 ..
I am with you there. I'm not really all that hyped up about the two. Something about them just makes them look.. eh. I don't know what it is. But we do need a Godzilla '89. I'd like to se a closed mouth one.
I really fail to see what's so popular about Godzilla '89. He's a little slimmer than later incarnations and has a different head but that's really it.

SJM925
E.S.P.Spy

Post by SJM925 »

I am SOOOO getting that Godzilla. I have almost no use for him, but I'm getting him anyway. Kinda reminds me of the Godzilla tower.

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

I'm gonna agree with Wataru, I like 89 the best.
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

MothraPeanuts
GPN Volunteer

Post by MothraPeanuts »

wataru wrote:
Legion1979 wrote:
wataru wrote:it's not goofy and stupid looking like GRA, EHOTTD, MvsG.
:?: :?:

Come again?
Godzilla's goofy lips and eyebrows detract from the suit IMHO.
Duuuude, you must be trollin'.