Japan New or Future Kaijū Toy Releases

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
UltramanGoji

Re: Japan New or Future Kaijū Toy Releases

Post by UltramanGoji »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:05 pm https://media.discordapp.net/attachment ... 113_12.png

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
For more context:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHjLPG1j25v ... hv0x7z747d
Mondo has announced that they will be creating a new Godzilla small scale statue series called "The Godzilla Museum."

The series will showcase Godzilla's vast variety of different appearances from throughout his 66 year history. The first wave of statues from the line will feature 70's Cartoon, Godzilla 1954, and an artist rendition version by @attackpeter.
Awesome news. I hope we're able to get a full design lineup of these. They would probably replace my vinyls, NECAs, and SHMA figures on my shelf if they come out right and make enough. 8" is a perfect height.
Last edited by UltramanGoji on Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mr. Yellow
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Yellow »

Daaayum, hoping that Marvel Godzilla is on the way.
"Monsters are tragic beings. They are born too tall, too strong, too heavy. They are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy. They do not attack people because they want to, but because of their size and strength, mankind has no other choice but to defend himself. After several stories such as this, people end up having a kind of affection for the monsters. They end up caring about them." - Ishiro Honda

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

Oh please let it be affordable, and reasonably easy to get. Not too familiar with Mondo, but I think their stuff is usually pretty high-end and limited, isn't it? Not sure. But man, I never thought I'd see the Hanna-Barbera Godzilla. I remember NECA tried to make their own but Toho wouldn't allow it for whatever reason and made them stick to film (and a couple "poster" variants).

Really eager to find out more!

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

Yeah, I'm very interested in how much that will cost, as well as what material it will be in.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

It'll never happen, but I'd love a MMS Marvel Godzilla and Hanna Barbara Godzilla.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzilla Vinyl Mania »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:57 pm It'll never happen, but I'd love a MMS Marvel Godzilla and Hanna Barbara Godzilla.
Definitely!!
Resized Image
Wish I had 2 of each toy as a kid....1 to play with and 1 kept mint in the box!!

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

There’s a cool new Hedorah figure coming out alongside a shirt and bag:
https://godzilla.store/shop/g/gGSG0000001/

I think the figure is a decent size, 24 cm, two feet? Maybe I’m getting that wrong.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Um, 24cm isn’t two feet... it’s not even one foot...

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

canofhumdingers wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:04 pm Um, 24cm isn’t two feet... it’s not even one foot...
Whoops, I mixed up the damn systems. Okay so it's 9 inches. That's still a decently sized figure. Gonna get these.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

Has anyone seen these yet?

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/ ... ils/146612

Looks basically like a Shin Godzilla embryo. But cleverly not named as such.
Last edited by Maverick Centigrade on Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Post by Thegarbagemonster »

Is this news? Apparently new bandai godzilla/gamera figures. Idk what it says lol

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Thegarbagemonster wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:00 am Image

Is this news? Apparently new bandai godzilla/gamera figures. Idk what it says lol
LEGION
GYAOS
KONG
WHOO

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

Holy hell a new Legion toy....I didn't think it was possible.
Last edited by Maverick Centigrade on Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Post by Thegarbagemonster »

Wow, really, Legion?? That's excellent, my fav Gamera monster! Yes!!
Does it mention whether it's mother or standard Legion? I know they did a mother Legion in the past so probably that one.
Last edited by Thegarbagemonster on Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

Holy shit. First a new Jet Jiggy and now this. I gotta start buying vinyls again.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Curious to see how the Legion will compare to the old vinyl Bandai did decades ago. Got a feeling she'll be super tiny and out of scale like their recent Biollante.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Thegarbagemonster wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:46 am Wow, really, Legion?? That's excellent, my fav Gamera monster! Yes!!
Does it mention whether it's mother or standard Legion? I know they did a mother Legion in the past so probably that one.
The kanji before the name means huge, so I’m assuming it’s the mother. I do sort of wish we got a figure of the small legion though.

Dyrakro
Interpol Agent

Post by Dyrakro »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:05 pm Curious to see how the Legion will compare to the old vinyl Bandai did decades ago. Got a feeling she'll be super tiny and out of scale like their recent Biollante.
The price is way higher tho. It probably be the old mold with new paint apps. Maybe slight modifications here and there.
Bandai is also bringing back various Ultra Kaijus in the DX line this year and King of Mons for example is an all new mold, while Gatanozoa is based on the old figure

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Some soft finger puppets were just unveiled! They’re very nice, I’ll try to get a picture!

Edit, here they are!
https://www.enskyshop.com/products/17690
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

Those look pretty nice! ....Although I don't know that I want to spend $50 on them.