Japan New or Future Kaijū Toy Releases

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
shadowgigan
Futurian

Re: Japan New or Future Kaijū Toy Releases

Post by shadowgigan »

SpaceG92 wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:27 pm
shadowgigan wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:34 am Lol it sold out within hours it looks like
Welcome to the wondrous world of kit collecting. Pre-orders open? Aaaand its gone. oh look, someone FINALLY DID a skreeonking Bagan model kit? Wonder-fest exclusive? FFS - aaaand its limited to like 100.

It's a god send that companies like X-Plus picked up some of the baller Gow-Row kits. Their Death Ghidorah, Battra and Keizer Ghidorah were originally released under Gow-Row.
Man, how I would love to own some of those GowRow kits. The 89 is a grail of mine.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

Hiya Toys will be making a 6 inch Mecha Godzilla from Godzills vs Kong. They teased his tail in a future line up.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Can anyone name any material that could potentially replace plastic of which future collectables could be made out of? That is, barring graphene, but still stronger and more flexible. One that comes to mind is nanocellulose.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

Not a toy, but this needed to be shared - GIGAN APRON.

https://www.kaijubattle.net/godzillatoh ... -announced

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

I saw that in the Godzilla Store TV livestream and I couldn't believe it.
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

StardustGenius
JXSDF Technician

Post by StardustGenius »

I have no idea where to post this but something interesting I saw.

https://deagostini(DOT)jp/tmcmt/

1/700 Scale figures. No articulation from what I can tell, but the monsters are all within scale of each other. Fascinating really. Seems like bigger characters like Shin Godzilla or Showa Ghidorah are split up like chase figures.

Gojirasaur
Monsterland Worker

Post by Gojirasaur »

StardustGenius wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 6:39 am I have no idea where to post this but something interesting I saw.

https://deagostini(DOT)jp/tmcmt/

1/700 Scale figures. No articulation from what I can tell, but the monsters are all within scale of each other. Fascinating really. Seems like bigger characters like Shin Godzilla or Showa Ghidorah are split up like chase figures.
This is the kinda thing Eaglemoss would bring over to the USA. :cry:

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

In scale with each other...? I never got the impression that Gigan was towering over Mechagodzilla and especially HEDORAH... and (Showa) Ghidorah was never towering over them all with the same size as G'84... scale is all over the place again, which is a turn-off for me right away. Saves me the hassle of getting every issue.
Size DOES matter!

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Petezilla wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 6:09 pm In scale with each other...? I never got the impression that Gigan was towering over Mechagodzilla and especially HEDORAH... and (Showa) Ghidorah was never towering over them all with the same size as G'84... scale is all over the place again, which is a turn-off for me right away. Saves me the hassle of getting every issue.
I don't mind Hedorah towering over other monsters; the film made a big deal about Hedorah growing bigger and bigger. The final form was supposed to be a big deal, because it was "bigger than Godzilla". No clue what's going on with Gigan, I never thought he was that big either, but now that I think of it, perhaps Gigan was bigger to be a better partner for King Ghidorah.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

StardustGenius
JXSDF Technician

Post by StardustGenius »

Petezilla wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 6:09 pm In scale with each other...? I never got the impression that Gigan was towering over Mechagodzilla and especially HEDORAH... and (Showa) Ghidorah was never towering over them all with the same size as G'84... scale is all over the place again, which is a turn-off for me right away. Saves me the hassle of getting every issue.
Well if you checked, Gigan is 65 Meters, compared to Hedorah's 60, compared to King Ghidorah's 100 meters.

They are in scale to each other on their stats, not their suits.

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

Youtooz Godzilla line. These are pretty damn cute but the only thing I know about Youtooz are that they're expensive as hell. Don't know what these'll cost.

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

Shenanigans wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:23 am Youtooz Godzilla line. These are pretty damn cute but the only thing I know about Youtooz are that they're expensive as hell. Don't know what these'll cost.

These ended up being approx 30 USD per figure. They look cute and all, but I’ll have to think it over before getting one.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

I need more info on this because I WANT ONE.

Imagehttps://twitter.com/gormaruisland/statu ... g3PdqtI8sg

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

GodzillaIsCool
Interpol Agent

Post by GodzillaIsCool »

So this where I come to see what is upcoming. Good to know.

I am very interested to see if they make a high end Odo Island Godzilla from -1. X-Plus or Spiral or anybody. (sits and waits patiently)

And that GODZILLA 1984 ZO Models looks like a really cool sculpt but I don't know how to assemble, putty and paint properly. Not taking that risk for $400 clams (sold out anyways).
Last edited by GodzillaIsCool on Thu Dec 14, 2023 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I know people haven't been keeping up with these, but it looks like Showa Manda may finally get a figure! I love this over the Godzillas they've been pumping out.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Gojirasaur
Monsterland Worker

Post by Gojirasaur »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:15 pm Image
I know people haven't been keeping up with these, but it looks like Showa Manda may finally get a figure! I love this over the Godzillas they've been pumping out.
That's a small pic, but I'm psyched by what I can just make out. Looks like an Atragon-based sculpt which I love.