HYPOTHETICAL TOY LINE: Godzilla X Transformers: Kaiju in Disguise

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

HYPOTHETICAL TOY LINE: Godzilla X Transformers: Kaiju in Disguise

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

The only way I'd actually buy any Transformers merch. Talked to a few others and the answers usually vary. So if there would be a Transformers line, would you support it? Only buy a Godzilla? How would you display them, in kaiju or robot mode? And what would you want to see in the line? I'd easily support the line, but I'm not 100% sure how I'd display them. I think Godzilla as Optimus Prime would be pretty cool, but not sure who would be the line's Megatron. Gigan would be Starscream for sure.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Re: HYPOTHETICAL TOY LINE: Godzilla X Transformers: Kaiju in Disguise

Post by G1985 »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 2:07 pm The only way I'd actually buy any Transformers merch. Talked to a few others and the answers usually vary. So if there would be a Transformers line, would you support it? Only buy a Godzilla? How would you display them, in kaiju or robot mode? And what would you want to see in the line? I'd easily support the line, but I'm not 100% sure how I'd display them. I think Godzilla as Optimus Prime would be pretty cool, but not sure who would be the line's Megatron. Gigan would be Starscream for sure.
I'm guessing you're young enough not to know about Trendmasters' cancelled entries in this area - the "Mega Mutations" assortment:

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

G1985 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 2:36 pm
Mac Daddy MM wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 2:07 pm The only way I'd actually buy any Transformers merch. Talked to a few others and the answers usually vary. So if there would be a Transformers line, would you support it? Only buy a Godzilla? How would you display them, in kaiju or robot mode? And what would you want to see in the line? I'd easily support the line, but I'm not 100% sure how I'd display them. I think Godzilla as Optimus Prime would be pretty cool, but not sure who would be the line's Megatron. Gigan would be Starscream for sure.
I'm guessing you're young enough not to know about Trendmasters' cancelled entries in this area - the "Mega Mutations" assortment:

I'm more than aware of it. I'm the guy that conducted the interview and got those pics for TK.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

{---HYPERZeTToN---}
G-Force Personnel

Post by {---HYPERZeTToN---} »

First you buy a King Joe STORAGE Custom figure the same day I got one in the mail, now you make a Transformers thread the same day I buy an Autobot

You're scaring me MM

Now to answer your questions:
-Would I support the line? If at least a couple of the toys look good, have little-to-no QC issues and aren't super expensive, then yes.
-Would I only buy Godzilla? No, I need variety.
-How would I display them? Good question, probably which ever mode looks more appealing as a whole.
-What would I like to see in the line? Literally anything kaiju related, doesn't have to be Godzilla, doesn't even have to be TOHO. I'd personally prefer a lot of Deluxe Class and Voyager Class figures to bring the prices down and keep them within the 5-7 inch scale that we're already use to with a lot of monster toys.

Admittedly, i'm not that big into Beast Wars, but what you're suggesting sounds very similar and i'm all for it, simply because it's Godzilla (and co.)

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

G1985 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 2:36 pm I'm guessing you're young enough not to know about Trendmasters' cancelled entries in this area - the "Mega Mutations" assortment:
These aren't anything like what MM is talking about.
Last edited by UltramanGoji on Sun May 08, 2022 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

now what size would they even be?
your source of self destruction