Hiya Toys 1/12 Godzilla

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
G1985
Gotengo Officer

Re: Hiya Toys 1/12 Godzilla

Post by G1985 »

Poe Ghostal wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:50 am The AvP figures are smaller, thinner characters at the 1/18 scale. These are large, beefy characters at a 1/12 scale, so I’m cautiously optimistic that they won’t suffer from the same fragility as the AvP characters (except maybe for Rodan).
Better to think of the Exquisite Mini line (their 1:18 scale stuff) as poseable diorama pieces. I don't think they're intended to be posed and re-posed repeatedly.

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

One of the things I'm most impressed with is the rate of these reveals - once a month more or less. Mighty impressive. I just hope they don't rush them out too fast at the sacrifice of quality!
Havoks wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:27 pm I personally think this probably the best looking Monsterverse Rodan figure so far. The sculpt is on point and the paint is great.
Fingers crossed for Mothra next. Give me her Larva too Hiya!
Agreed on both points. With Rodan, I really like the tail in particular since NECA fucked it up.

I'm still mad that NECA robbed us of that itty-bitty Larva we were promised. I don't know if Hiya figures usually come with a lot of accessories, but maybe they can rectify NECA's sins in that regard.

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

I'm mostly hoping the line is successful enough for us to get some MUTOs.

kaijukurt
EDF Instructor

Post by kaijukurt »

https://twitter.com/HiyaToys/status/156 ... mZLz4fPQA
Now Mothra from Godzilla: King of the Monsters (2019) joins Hiya Exquisite Basic!

The Mothra figure has 14.2 inches wingspan with 11 points of articulation. Feature accurate details to capture its on-screen appearance, includes a display base for re-create in-air poses.
Formerly known as kurtzilla

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

Wow, that has to be one of the prettiest releases of MV Mothra we've seen yet.
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

I mean I hate that design of Mothra but that wing detail blows every other release out of the water.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Godzillaninja2019
GPN Volunteer

Post by Godzillaninja2019 »

wonder when they show off ghidorah because that the one i am more curious about but so far all of the hiya toys of godzilla, kong, rodan, and now mothra looks great.

Legendary Gojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by Legendary Gojira »

kaijukurt wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 12:35 am Image
https://twitter.com/HiyaToys/status/156 ... mZLz4fPQA
Now Mothra from Godzilla: King of the Monsters (2019) joins Hiya Exquisite Basic!

The Mothra figure has 14.2 inches wingspan with 11 points of articulation. Feature accurate details to capture its on-screen appearance, includes a display base for re-create in-air poses.
Heh, beat me to it.

There’s a few more pics here:

https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threads/ ... t-20554432
Last edited by Legendary Gojira on Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

I'm shocked by the speed that they're churning out these figures. Godzilla isn't even out yet but now we're 4 figures into the line.
Godzillaninja2019 wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:32 am wonder when they show off ghidorah because that the one i am more curious about but so far all of the hiya toys of godzilla, kong, rodan, and now mothra looks great.
I would expect Mechagodzilla and maybe an atomic blast Godzilla before big old Ghidorah. I would think that it's best to see how the line is doing before committing to such a large sculpt.
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

That is easily the nicest-looking figure of this Mothra design.

Have any more websites BBTS listed Godzilla or Kong for sale yet? (assuming any will)

Moth
Gotengo Officer

Post by Moth »

It's tbe same wing pattern as the neca, with the blue addition, for some reason.
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

Havoks
Interpol Agent

Post by Havoks »

I’m glad Mothra was next. This is the best looking poseable figure of her yet! It looks like it took all the best aspects of the Neca version (sculpt and paint) and refined them. The wing coloring look like a mix of the Neca and Monsterarts; and they seem to be able to have light shine through like the Neca as well! This looks really good.
:terrestris:

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

Rody wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:17 am I'm mostly hoping the line is successful enough for us to get some MUTOs.
That's my hope, too.

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

I just hope the quality of these things ends up being even half as good as the promo pics. People have noted how some Hiya figures are fragile, and Mothra already looks like a gentle breeze could shatter her - and that's without factoring in all the joints.

But, even if they end up being a bit too fragile to do much with, they will certainly look beautiful on a shelf.
Fermix wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:24 am I'm shocked by the speed that they're churning out these figures. Godzilla isn't even out yet but now we're 4 figures into the line.
Godzillaninja2019 wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:32 am wonder when they show off ghidorah because that the one i am more curious about but so far all of the hiya toys of godzilla, kong, rodan, and now mothra looks great.
I would expect Mechagodzilla and maybe an atomic blast Godzilla
Speaking of, they recently unveiled an atomic ray variant of their statue/diorama Godzilla. I would expect to see this in the articulated line soon.

Legendary Gojira
Monarch Researcher

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

Photos of Hiya Godzilla 2021 on Reddit (sorry, I'm on mobile!)

Figure looks good but has an ugly jaw pin that was not present in the promo photos.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Jaw pin doesn't bother me. Looks like a great neca shma middle ground like we all wanted.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Legendary Gojira
Monarch Researcher

Man, that jaw pin is a disappointment. Other than that, figure looks great.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Yeah, I'll echo everyone else in saying that jaw pin is horrendous. Still keeping my pre-order but going to wait until I have it in hand to decide on what to do with my SHMA G19.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Lol @Tamashii approved paint.

The pin in the jaw bugs the crap out of me on the Hiya but it's not a complete turn off. Honestly, the shit paint of the MA and the metallic blue paint apps (something I think a standard paint could have done better) turns me off to the entire figure. I'd gladly take the HIYA over it.