Hiya Toys 1/12 Godzilla

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
KingKaiju
Futurian

Re: Hiya Toys 1/12 Godzilla

Post by KingKaiju »

I'm a little monserversed out, but this looks solid! If it comes out as good as these photos, it'll definitely give SHMA and NECA and run for their money. And, at 7 inches, this is probably going to scale better with the SHMA Ghidorah. Speaking of Ghidorah, I hope their version is more accurate, in terms of sculpt and size.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Yeah, I am EXTREMELY interested to see how the Ghidorah will compare to SHMA Ghidorah. I know the SHMA will have more articulation and such, but I mean stuff like color, neck thickness, etc.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Hiya toys MV Goji is almost the same size as the Shma Shin Godzilla apprantly.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Havoks
Interpol Agent

Post by Havoks »

Supposedly there was a fan chat with Hiya Toys, Ultrazilla reported this:
From a fan chat with Hiya toys:

1. Godzilla with Atomic Breath effect is coming out next this year, but will cost a bit more than this first one.

2. Burning Godzilla is also on the way.

3. A King Ghidorah is in the works, but not anytime soon.

4. Fans asked about Titan Behemoth and got this reply: We endeavour to make EVERY monster in the movie!
:terrestris:

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

Would've preferred for them to debut a couple figures rather than just Godzilla, because between all the NECAs and all the SHMAs, its hard for me to feel anything for yet another 6" articulated Monsterverse Godzilla. But if nothing else, this is a good indication of the quality we can expect, which, so far, appears most impressive. Hyped for future reveals.
canofhumdingers wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:32 amAnd how awesome would it be if they made a proper proportioned Ghidorah?! I passed on both SHMA Ghidorahs because I just don’t like the inaccurate sculpt and all the stands needed to prop it up.
Tell me about it, that's the one I'm most excited for by miles.
Havoks wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:53 pm Supposedly there was a fan chat with Hiya Toys, Ultrazilla reported this:
From a fan chat with Hiya toys:

1. Godzilla with Atomic Breath effect is coming out next this year, but will cost a bit more than this first one.

2. Burning Godzilla is also on the way.
My first thought when I saw the Godzilla was "basically NECA 2.0". Now in more ways than one, apparently.

Godzillaninja2019
GPN Volunteer

Post by Godzillaninja2019 »

are they just doing the monsters that only appear in monsterverse or are they thinking of doing monsters from the other eras like showa, heisei, millennium, or the reiwa if the line is a success would be a good substitute for monster arts due to their price. i am curious on how they are going to do ghidorah would he be a statue with a few some articulation or will he have more articulation than the monsters arts

Gomi: Ninja Monster
G-Force Personnel

Post by Gomi: Ninja Monster »

I was sold the second I saw that neck articulation, but now you're telling me it's $40 and they want to do all the KOTM monsters? I am very hyped to see if this plays out as implied.

Havoks
Interpol Agent

Post by Havoks »

I know I talked in the Super 7 page about getting the Mutos only to find out that they don’t have access to the Monsterverse films. But now, as if god answered my prayers, do we have the possibility of getting decently sized, priced, sculpted, and poseable figures of them. Those are my two most wanted so fingers crossed.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Hiya will make bank with Mutos, Behemoth and movie accurate Ghidorah.

The Mutos also means a quick resculpt to make Barb.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

For $40 bucks this looks like an easy buy. I wasn't really paying attention to this before, but I'm excited now!
MUTOs are definitely the figures I hope to see more than anything else, if possible.

Havoks
Interpol Agent

Post by Havoks »

Since they’re starting with Godzilla Vs Kong Goji, I think it’ll be pretty obvious Kong and Mechagodzilla (and maybe that Skullcrawler from that film) will be next. After that, it’s up in the air. I assume Mothra and Rodan will be next after them and KG won’t be coming for a while. You think they’ll touch comic Titans and Titans that we didn’t really get to see in KOTM?

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

$50 ain't bad. But I don't think it's enough for me to replace my SHMA, unless I can sell the latter for double what the Hiya is asking for.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Curious. Wanna see how they scale with Neca's Pacific Rim figures.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

GodzillaRangerPrime
JXSDF Technician

Post by GodzillaRangerPrime »

GFAN198423 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 4:46 am $50 at BBTS.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/ ... ils/204499
Is this the lowest it’s gonna be? Is anywhere gonna be selling it for the $39.99 price it was announced with?

BBTS’s usual mark up + their shipping prices makes this no longer an immediate buy for me.
Chris55 wrote:
Underworld54 wrote:
GalacticPetey wrote:They're not half-assing the Star Wars movies.
I very much consider TFA to be half-assed. What a generic film which only fed on nostalgia, it brought nothing new to the table.
That's not true. C3PO had a red arm.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

I'm guessing we might see something on AC? If so, I'm definitely ordering from there.

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

The neck articulation is the one thing keeping me from pulling the trigger here. It looks very jarring.

Legendary Gojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by Legendary Gojira »

MoarCrossovers wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:29 am Image
Just saw this today on Big Bad Toy Store. Looks good. This looks good. Better proportions than the statue version.

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

The statue is awful. I personally don’t have a problem with how small Godzilla’s head is in the films but that figure took it to a whole different level. It’s awful.

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary