Kaiju Collectibles Wishlist

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
DrPhilizSick@sHell98
Monarch Researcher

Kaiju Collectibles Wishlist

Post by DrPhilizSick@sHell98 »

What are some of y'all's wants and must haves for anything coming out or something you would like to see being made?
@Dee_Sniper98 ▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一 on Instagram

_JNavs_
Keizer

Re: Kaiju Collectibles Wishlist

Post by _JNavs_ »

Those Prime Studios collectibles, if they didn't cost a couple car payments I'd be all over them.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

DrPhilizSick@sHell98
Monarch Researcher

Post by DrPhilizSick@sHell98 »

_JNavs_ wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:18 pm Those Prime Studios collectibles, if they didn't cost a couple car payments I'd be all over them.
Lol. Yeah, they look pretty sweet but you'll have to sell one of your kidneys, a arm and a leg to afford them.
@Dee_Sniper98 ▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一 on Instagram

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Want to see made... Oh boy. I'll just keep it at moderate lists for everything...

Bandai MMS Top 10 Wishlist
- Monster X
- Zilla
- New King Caesar Sculpt
- Baragon
- Varan
- Battra Larva
- Battra Imago
- Female Muto
- Skull Crawler
- Grand King Ghidorah

X-Plus Top 5 Wishlist
- Grand King Ghidorah
- Mothra 2003 or 2004
- Megaguirus
- Godzilla 1968/69/71/72
- Godzilla 1974/75

SHMA Top 10 Wishlist
- Zilla
- Monster X
- Godzilla 1968-1972
- Godzilla 1974/75
- Mecha-King Ghidorah Reissue/Repaint
- Hedorah
- King Caesar
- Jet Jaguar
- Megalon
- Anguirus '68

Ultra Monster (500) Series Top 15 Wishlist - They'll never all happen...
- Lunatyx
- Sabotendar
- Greenmons
- Imitation Ultraman
- Geronimon
- Gabora
- Magular
- Pagos
- Silverbloome
- Aboras
- Goldras
- Pazuzu
- Woola
- Bezelb
- Queen Bezelb

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

More Pacific Rim figures that are not vinyls. Please!

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

SHMA Evangelion Angels. Seeing them again the other day made it real all over again.
Maybe a new Leatherback.
Monsterarts 98 Godzilla and a reissue of Shin too.
Figuarts Planet X Controller.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

darkcancer
Monarch Researcher

Post by darkcancer »

Nothing really for coming out, but I'll make a Top 10 of what I'd like to be made.

High Grade gashapon of the following:
1. Titanosaurus
2. King Kong (1962)
3. Grand King Ghidorah
4. Godzilla (1968)
5. Anguirus (2004)
6. Zedus
7. Mechagodzilla (RP1)
8. Dagahra
9. Mothra (1961)
10. Gabara
Godzilla & Gamera High Grade (gashapon) collector.
Looking for: spare High Grade insert papers (various sets)

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

Oh, I can easily come up with dozens and dozens of figures with ease. But, to keep it shorter, I'll try to stick with one wish per toy line, plus a few characters I want to see in any lines. I tried to come up with a handful of *realistic* hopes - as in, figures I genuinely think have a chance of being made.

- Bandai MMS 6" Zedus. He would effectively finish off the 6" Gamera line, he's the only *major* character left.
- Y-MSF 6" Rodan 1964. Technically this already has a kickass prototype, they just refuse to release it even though it was slated for a 2017 release at one point. Now that they're releasing figures again, I want to be hopeful they can prioritize this guy.
- S.H. Monsterarts Mechagodzilla 1975. Just to round off the Mechagodzilla line... Please give it a new head sculpt.
- Monogram Godzilla Bag Clips - Classic Wave 4. I adore Monogram's little bag clips and would love to see a 4th wave with Titanosaurus, Gorosaurus, Kamacuras, and Kumonga. Would love a Singular Point wave as well. Wouldn't bet on it, buuut they did make a set for the Ultraman anime, and that has a lot less traction in the US than Singular Point I'm sure.
- Gashapon HG Titanosaurus. There's all sorts of kaiju I want to see in this line, but the fact that Titanosaurus doesn't have any proper 3" figures is ludicrous.
- 6” Female MUTO. I’ll even take one from Playmates Toys at this point.
- 6" King Ghidorah 2019, specially a more high-end figure. The S.H. Monsterarts was pretty much all we got outside of cheap vinyls and I wasn't a fan by any stretch.

On a Singular Point kick at the moment. Holding out for a S.H. Monsterarts or Figma for Jet Jaguar Beta, but anything will do. It kind of baffles me that Bandai didn't release him in the MMS line and only released the prototype form. Also want a Salunga and Rodan figure, of any kind, though it'd be nice to stick to the MS line given that they already covered most everybody else.

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

Shenanigans wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:43 pm - Bandai MMS 6" Zedus. He would effectively finish off the 6" Gamera line, he's the only *major* character left.
This is the big one for me. I've wanted a Bandai Zedus since I was a kid in 2006. It'd be an awesome but bittersweet situation if we actually got one though, similar to Megalon. I think I'll always be slightly annoyed that they couldn't take the effort to release one "when it mattered", especially after giving us Jet Jaguar. They just left us hanging for nearly a decade. :lol:

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Reviving this thread because reasons, and updating my wishlist since some of the stuff I want is coming in, one way or another.

Bandai MMS Top 10 Wishlist
- Monster X
- New King Caesar Sculpt
- Baragon
- Varan
- Battra Larva
- Battra Imago
- Skull Crawler
- Grand King Ghidorah
- Moguera (Showa)
- Dogora

Bandai Premium
- Space Ameoeba Trio (Gezora, Kamoebas and Ganimes)
- Manda vs. Gotengo Set
- The Godzilla Tower
- The 2019 KOTM Original Titans

X-Plus Top 5 Wishlist
- Grand King Ghidorah
- Mothra 2003 or 2004
- Megaguirus
- Godzilla 1968/69/71/72
- Godzilla 1974/75

SHMA Top 10 Wishlist
- Zilla
- Monster X
- Godzilla 1968-1972
- Godzilla 1974/75
- Mecha-King Ghidorah Reissue/Repaint
- King Caesar
- Jet Jaguar
- Megalon
- Gigan '72
- Anguirus '68

Ultra Monster (500) Series Top 15 Wishlist - They'll never all happen...
- Lunatyx
- Sabotendar
- Greenmons
- Imitation Ultraman
- Geronimon
- Gabora
- Magular
- Pagos
- Silverbloome
- Goldras
- Pazuzu
- Bezelb
- Queen Bezelb
- Gudis
- Bogun

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

I cant afford to collect anymore aside from very special circumstances so I don't have a want list. Theres really only one thing I'd buy in a heartbeat. That would be the 1973/"Godzilla vs Megalon" version of Gigan if X-Plus made one.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

My ultimate kaiju wish is probably a lifesize Bio or Desugoji, preferably sculpted by Yuji Sakai. A suit would be cool as well. But alas, I find myself in Legion's current position. Can't really afford to collect anymore until I graduate college. I really went overboard during the pandemic lol.

Edit: If I was collecting right now, I'd probably be eying a 30 cm Gamera and heisei Gyaos.
Last edited by shadowgigan on Sun Dec 12, 2021 4:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

I only collect vinyls and Godzilla suit designs at the moment so the only things I'm really looking for are more super-articulated Godzilla designs that haven't been made yet and vinyls of monsters that haven't been made yet. Stuff like SHMA Godzilla 1965 or MMS Monster X.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Honestly, the thing I want most for my collection right now is a better display space. When I moved a couple years ago I got new shelves because ikea shelves just don’t travel well. My current display is temporarily in a spare bedroom until we finish renovating the basement in the next few years. So for now it’s just on some of those big adjustable metal shelves made for garages and workshops. I really like the nice 2 foot deep space (especially for x plus) but I miss having everything behind glass. In the basement I hope to build some big custom built-in shelves with glass doors and lighting. But that’s not happening for a while yet.

As for actual collectibles, I feel very fortunate in that I’ve got the top handful of grail items I’d want even on an absolute dream list (namely the x-plus Sakai ‘84 and the x-plus 25cm kaiju from GTTHM along with some Star Wars helmet replicas). At this point everything else is kinda gravy. But gravy is good!

For new stuff I think I’m most interested in more SHMA. I missed out on a lot of them over the years and I’m really enjoying some of the newer ones a lot. I’d love to see more showa kaiju in the line. I like X-plus too but they take up so much space I have to be choose-y. There’s some old Marmit MH (and similar) figures I’d love to have too but they’re so hard to find and so expensive these days I doubt I ever will.

Added in 2 minutes 47 seconds:
Oh! Model kits! I forgot to mention model kits! I’ve been getting heavily into model building and I want more kits to jazz up my displays. Kaiju are good (I’ve built a few over the years, but what I really want are accessories: buildings, tanks, planes, power lines, etc. And I want a 3-D resin printer so I can make my own custom stuff.
Last edited by canofhumdingers on Sun Dec 12, 2021 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

An MMS Varan and Monster X. A Zedus would be pretty cool too to round out the Gamera stuff, which I guess would come with a reissue (or knowing Bandai with the new Gamera stuff) I brand new re-sculpt of Toto.

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

One thing I realized I had to stop doing was 'chasing', there's so MUCH product out now that trying to always find the next perfect thing is a lost cause. I've started focusing on just getting things that are special to me, and not trying to work in 'decent placeholders' as they are, in the end, just clutter. So it takes a REALLY nice thing to displace something I already have, and it has to be quite good to get me to spring for it. Right now the only thing I can think of that would really get my attention would be a decent MonsterArts style Orga, as Godzilla 2000 was the first full Godzilla film I ever saw. I haven't really seen a figure of it that really did it for me so far.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

I really need a bigger space as well. I have my collection in a spare bedroom that doubles as my office and there is almost no room to work in there.