Good Smile Company - Singular Point Nendoroids

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Good Smile Company - Singular Point Nendoroids

Post by Shenanigans »

Good Smile Company has revealed plans for some Singular Point Nendoroids. Don't know much about the line, but I have seem them around quite a bit. Unlike most Godzilla toylines, this line will focus on non-kaiju characters.

https://hobby.dengeki.com/event/1261966/

Last month I was just thinking about how it seems a lot of anime series get toys based on their cast of characters, and that it would've been pretty cool to have gotten some figures based on SP's human cast. And now here we are! SP focuses heavily on the human cast, and I love that because its made for some memorable characters, so I'm actually looking forward to these!

I would love to see a Jet Jaguar in this line! Not sure if they do too much outside of human/human-like characters as I know next to nothing about this line, but I imagine JJ could probably fit right in!

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Re: Good Smile Company - Singular Point Nendoroids

Post by Jermobooka »

Definitey getting these guys to accompany the Godzilla Ultima SHMA figure and any other SP SHMA figures in the future!

For those who don’t know, Nendoroids are cute, articulated chibi figures. The line mainly consisted of anime and video game characters.

There’s a chance for JJ, since they’ve done some Mecha characters, but I really wouldn’t hold my breath on that.
Last edited by Jermobooka on Sat May 29, 2021 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

Jet would probably go in Moderoid, basically their version of Gunpla, if Bandai doesn't do one that is.
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

Thanks for the info! Yeah, looking into them a bit more, these Nendoroids look pretty cute. I especially like that most seem to come with interchangeable pieces, including faces.

Even if there isn't a Jet Jaguar, these still look like they'll be fun to have. I also wonder if Good Smile Company would be willing to do anything else with Godzilla, like Figmas of these characters. I will be keeping an eye out for more from them!

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

I'm totally down for a Pero2! Hopefully this means we might get some Figmas in the future. I love Mei too but I'd prefer a standard Figma.
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Sat May 29, 2021 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

They did make the Figma Gridman and Gridknight to go with the Nendroids, so a Figma Jet wouldn't be far off.....

RIP Evan.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 4:11 pm I'm totally down for a Pero2! Hopefully this means we might get some Figmas in the future. I love Mei too but I'd prefer a standard Figma.
The Pero2 figure is the type of thing that I can add to my collection and people I have over won't question it. I would like a regular Mei and Yun figure though.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

Good Smile Company has unveiled various Godzilla merch, including the Rodan plush seen a couple times in the series itself, not to mention Mei's accessories. The plush is a must-have for me!

https://godzilla-sp.jp/goods/

They also teased a Jet Jaguar plush on Twitter.
Last edited by Shenanigans on Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

Where's the Jet Jaguar plush teaser?
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

The plush is cool and I will probably get it. The rest is a tad tacky/probably not aimed at me. Funny that we didn't get a Rodan Bandai figure, but we got a plush for it. Hmmm.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

Moth wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:34 pm Where's the Jet Jaguar plush teaser?

https://twitter.com/goodsmile_md/status ... 9527477248

There may also be more than one on the way if Google Translate is correct.
LSD Jellyfish wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:18 pm The plush is cool and I will probably get it. The rest is a tad tacky/probably not aimed at me. Funny that we didn't get a Rodan Bandai figure, but we got a plush for it. Hmmm.
Something's better than nothing! But I agree; even though I'm not terribly fond of the design, it'd be nice to have at least one proper figure of what is undeniably a unique take on one of the most iconic Godzilla kaiju.

I'll be honest and say I kind of like Mei's phone case, but of course I wouldn't actually use it on my phone so I can't justify $30 on it.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Waiting for the inevitable Pero2 plushie.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:28 pm Waiting for the inevitable Pero2 plushie.
There's already one on the way, though not by GSC, but rather a company called FaNeMa. Seen here with Mei's voice actress -

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Very sad were not getting a Nendoroid Ultima right off the bat. RIP big head lizard

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Shenanigans wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:58 pm
Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:28 pm Waiting for the inevitable Pero2 plushie.
There's already one on the way, though not by GSC, but rather a company called FaNeMa. Seen here with Mei's voice actress -

Oh that's right. Totally forgot about that.

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

The Jet Jaguar plush is... something else.

https://www.kaijubattle.net/godzillatoh ... good-smile

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Image Image Image

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:04 pm
Aw, they're so cute! I love these already! They were also on display at an event here, though it's pretty much the same as those pics.

https://hobby.dengeki.com/event/1360957/

I didn't want to jinx it before, but I was hoping Mei would come with Robo-Pero-2. Didn't think they'd actually do it, and extremely pleased to see it here! Eager to see if they have any other accessories, but I'm absolutely sold on these. They'll probably look good with the S.H. Monsterarts Godzilla and Jet Jaguar, too.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Nendoroids typically come with a bunch of accessories. Alternate hands and faces and whatnot.

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

Shenanigans wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:55 am The Jet Jaguar plush is... something else.

https://www.kaijubattle.net/godzillatoh ... good-smile
Looks like JJ wants to play a game.