Mezco Godzilla Toys

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Re: Mezco Godzilla Toys

Post by CyberZilla »

I really want these now, holy badonkas. They look so beautiful.
Gonna break my bank to get these lol
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

Holy cow! One:12 Godzilla!

Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

So when will this be out? 2025?

Havoks
Interpol Agent

Post by Havoks »

That Ultraman be looking real good though.
:terrestris:

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

IDK. I'm not sure I like the idea of that Godzilla. Looks like the joints are hidden under a rubber skin.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Havoks
Interpol Agent

Post by Havoks »

I personally don’t care much for the sculpt. Super 7’s 89 Godzilla is already fairly big (and I own the monsterarts) so I think I’m good. If I wanted a bigger version than all of those, I’ll get xplus.
:terrestris:

InfiniteHollywood
GPN Volunteer

Post by InfiniteHollywood »

I ordered the exclusive set. I'd love the blue one, but looks like that's gonna be scalper city. Mezco always does goofy stuff with their cons, especially the 5 points stuff. Sometimes they only way to get certain figures is just get a giveaway at their booth. Frustrating.

The 1:12 thing doesn't look great to me. I know how the rubber body suits go. Almost no poseability.

Their larger Godzilla they solicited last year seems better IMO.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

That new Godzilla looks sick. Im loving all the new Heisei Godzilla stuff

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

Godziila looks great and I like the idea with the seamless joints, but I feel that rubber body will end up being nothing but trouble in the long run.

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

That One:12 Godzilla does look pretty cool; the idea of a seamless articulated figure is highly appealing.
I doubt it will fall anywhere near my comfortable price range, though.
CyberZilla wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:56 am I really want these now, holy badonkas. They look so beautiful.
Gonna break my bank to get these lol
They are beautiful indeed! I'm so happy and amazed we've finally got American-produced Godzilla toys that are designed this well. I would highly recommend them to anyone who doesn't have them already.

I updated my post on the last page with more thoughts and photos, now that I've had a day to soak these in. Here are some additional comparison shots with other brands for scale and quality:

The fact that we have three Gorosaurus toys all of a sudden in the rough span of a year is still kind of mind-boggling.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Seamless body? No thanks. It’s been what, 3 years since the ‘89 Batman 1:12 that’s supposed to have a seamless body went up for preorder and it still hasn’t come out. Not to mention the bait-and-switch they did with that one (the prototype shown at con’s had a fabric suit with rubber bodyarmor panels, just like the real costume. Then when the preorder page showed up suddenly it was a full rubber seamless body).

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

The big G89 looks really good, but yeah, rubber as the solution for seamless joints does not seem like it will work. Not one I would have space for, anyways, but credit where credit is due: it looks really accurate.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

InfiniteHollywood
GPN Volunteer

Post by InfiniteHollywood »

The rubber suit will be extra thick too for this figure. Godzilla is a chonk and the regular rubber figures seemingly don’t move. Though we’ve never seen exactly what Mezco will do, history is not kind for that style.

That said the 5XL stuff is brilliant. Hoping they show something new/more for that before SDCC is over.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

I dont think these images have been posted here yet, but we got some more pics of the big G89 that have definitely sold me on it now

Some of the prototype images looked off to me but seeing this one it looks basically completely screen accurate and I am so excited for it.

Added in 38 seconds:
89 is really popular right now, and it is the best suit, so that is understandable, but I can see why some people might be tired of seeing it right now. For me personally Ive already paid for the Super7 figs and I am definitely pulling the trigger on this bad boy finally. Im also gonna go back and pick up the two box sets that I passed on before.
Last edited by Executive Hamster on Sat Jul 23, 2022 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

It looks great, but like others I am so unbelievably burnt out on the 1989 suit being the first Godzilla every company does. The Heisei overstaturation has burnt me out completely of ever buying anything from that era again. Sold all my Monsterarts and haven't looked back.

Hoping for more Showa era 5 Point sets soon.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Yeah, I understand that a lot of people are tired of Heisei right now, even though I feel its definitely the best era overall. At the very least there are now options. Im sure we will see more Showa stuff pop up.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Does it really matter what series anyone thinks is the best in this case? Even people who love this suit have claimed to be burnt out on so many toys of it.

kaiju115
JXSDF Technician

Post by kaiju115 »

MECHAGODZILLA!!!!!!!!!! BEAT GODZILLA TO DEATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by kaiju115 on Sat Jul 23, 2022 9:45 am, edited 3 times in total.
SHIN GOJIRA IS AWESOME!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/user/kaiju115

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Kaiju115
Hope Legendary's Godzilla gets more than a Trilogy

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Im not disagreeing with you, Im just giving my perspective on the whole thing. I like to have a lot of figures from my favorite films, some people dont. I understand their frustration, though I dont personally mind. Simple as that.

Added in 54 seconds:
Huh. Well there you go. More showa

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

SO much more interesting than another Heisei Godzilla. Looks great.