Mezco Godzilla Toys

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
goji89
Sazer

Re: Mezco Godzilla Toys

Post by goji89 »

WATCH........

LOL.

Havoks
Interpol Agent

Post by Havoks »

https://www.mezcotoyz.com/one-12-collec ... o#75550-18

So are they doing a Red King figure too or is that just for promotional stuff? Also I get the feeling they’re going to do some more 5 point ultra monsters with the Kaiju in front of some of the photos. At least I hope they do.
:terrestris:

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Why does it require sig on delivery lol? Seems like an unnecessary step.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

the-killer-wc
JXSDF Technician

Post by the-killer-wc »

https://www.mezcotoyz.com/5-points-xl-m ... 7i3N8ah1Z8

Am a wait for awesome collectors to have it on preorder.

Havoks
Interpol Agent

Post by Havoks »

the-killer-wc wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:25 am https://www.mezcotoyz.com/5-points-xl-m ... 7i3N8ah1Z8

Am a wait for awesome collectors to have it on preorder.
YES!

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Okay, yeah, i’m definitely getting some of these now. I need my Showa fix and Mezco’s figures look like they scratch that itch quite finely.
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Wow that’s a neat set. Doubt I’ll get it because I’ve been moving away from smaller figures in my collection over the last few years. And (the inevitable complaint) that’s pretty pricey for what it is. I dunno, I like the whole “retro Kenner figure” vibe in theory, but in practice I just don’t care about them enough to actually buy them. I was born just a little too late to have any nostalgia for the old Kenner style 5poa figures. If I’m buying retro stylized figures, I’d rather they be Marmit, Gigabrain, or the like.

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

Finally some nice Shobijin figures. They look good, though the singing faces look a bit funny. And a big Mothra that looks like it'll scale well with Godzilla. The price is a lot harder to swallow than the DAM sets... but I must have it!

I almost wish they included a Godzilla 1964 head that can be placed on the 1968 body; they already got interchangeable heads, wouldn't be a bad fit. They also could've thrown in a Mothra Larva for that price.
Jermobooka wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:05 am Okay, yeah, i’m definitely getting some of these now. I need my Showa fix and Mezco’s figures look like they scratch that itch quite finely.
Agreed, I hope they stick with Showa, in particular the 60's films. I'd love to see the likes of Kumonga, Kamacuras, or Ebirah.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

I'm really thrown by the complaints about the price. I really am.

A Mothra figure with articulated head and wings, fuzzy flocking and a stand. Shobijin figures with extra parts and flocked costumes. A replica of the box the twins are carried in! All for $60. That's pretty incredible. A Japanese release of something similar would cost much more than that.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

It’s not so much that it’s genuinely over priced as it’s just more than I want to pay. It’s $20 per figure for 3.75 inch scale figures with “vintage” style (i.e. incredibly limited) articulation.

It’s a very cool set, no doubt. And the utter uniqueness of it (especially with the box) makes it much more tempting. But if Hasbro can still sell a super-articulated, highly detailed 3.75 inch figure with face printing from the very expensive Star Wars license for $14 MSRP, I don’t see why these can’t be about $15 a piece (even with the extra swappable parts). At $45 this set would be a no-brainer. At $60 it feels like a bit of a premium and makes me think harder about it. And thinking harder about it makes me see I’m running out of space and I prefer articulated 6 inch figures, x-pluses, and marmits/Gigabrains if I have to be choosy. Plus we are still waiting to see what all will be coming from Super7.

Basically $60 for this just isn’t competitive enough right now* to make me buy it immediately.

*And wow! What a time to be a collector where a set this cool has enough competition to NOT be an insta-buy!

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

Thinking of picking this up but I have wayyyy too many things on pre-order...
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

LiamNeesons
Samurai

Post by LiamNeesons »

I like them, but I’ll probably wait until they release the ‘64 Godzilla and PO them together from awesomecollector. They sold both Destroy All Monsters sets together with free shipping.

Man, I can’t wait to see what Super 7 has in store for us. I would have never guessed at the beginning of the year that I would have a collection of 3/4 scale Godziller figures that’s for sure :lol:

Moth wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:51 pm Thinking of picking this up but I have wayyyy too many things on pre-order...
Same here. I checked my list and I’ve begun to try to trim things down a bit…but then I end up adding different stuff later lol the struggle.

Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

Pretty mediocre likeness of the Shobijin, but Mothra looks amazing, and the whole set is neat. Mezco is definitely filling a big gap in the American market with these Showa releases.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Misato stans just built different.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

It just occurred to me that it says the shobijin set is a Mezco exclusive. Doesn’t that mean you can only get it (for retail) direct from Mezco? I know I’ve seen some sites like BBTS sell Mezco exclusives, but I believe they have to order them at regular price and then sell them at a markup. Anybody know for sure?

GodzillaXGomoraFight
Gotengo Officer

Post by GodzillaXGomoraFight »

Wow yet another really interesting release. Initial reaction is high from me as it hits yet another niche of collectibles that hasn't really been hit in a while (Showa Mothra and Shobujin). Last Showa Mothra I thought about getting was the Revoltech and that figure might be a decade old now.

Still want to see these figures in hand in a review but really tempting.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

Pretty interesting. I'm more interested in the twins than Mothra herself. But, considering we're just under a year out from this release... I'm going to hold off for now.

LiamNeesons
Samurai

Post by LiamNeesons »

canofhumdingers wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:27 pm It just occurred to me that it says the shobijin set is a Mezco exclusive. Doesn’t that mean you can only get it (for retail) direct from Mezco? I know I’ve seen some sites like BBTS sell Mezco exclusives, but I believe they have to order them at regular price and then sell them at a markup. Anybody know for sure?
From my experience with Mezco, it can go either way. I’ve bought a few exclusive figures from them that stayed exclusive to their site, but then I’ve seen some of their exclusives on BBTS as well. It’s kind of a crapshoot. I went ahead and preordered from their site though because I wasn’t sure what they’d do.

Havoks
Interpol Agent

Post by Havoks »

Does anyone think they’ll do a DAM round 3 set to finish off the rest of the monsters? I keep seeing people ask for it on their social media pages so I hope they can at least get Varan, Manda, and Kumonga out.

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

Havoks wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:28 am Does anyone think they’ll do a DAM round 3 set to finish off the rest of the monsters? I keep seeing people ask for it on their social media pages so I hope they can at least get Varan, Manda, and Kumonga out.
I was thinking about this the other day too; starting to think it might not happen, or might be some sort of exclusive set. I do hope they can finish of the set, it would kind of suck to leave us hanging with only a few left. Granted, they're characters who didn't really do much in that movie, but even so.

Maybe they'll do a Son of Godzilla set so we can at least get a Kumonga...

By the way, they apparently have something called "MezcoCon" coming up next week. Not sure if that entails new reveals, but worth keeping an eye on.

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

That's a lovely set, and a pretty nice price by the current standards of this hobby. Hopefully we can also get something like a Godzilla 1964 with egg set in the future.