Mezco Godzilla Toys

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Mr. Yellow
G-Force Personnel

Re: Mezco Godzilla Toys

Post by Mr. Yellow »

Legion1979 wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:10 pm
Mr. Yellow wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:04 pm
Jetty_Jags wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:12 pm

Im not I understand your point. Get releases from who/where? Super7, or stateside/western in general? I mean within the last year we had American releases of Jet Jaguar and Gorosaurus, and Mezco has only announced like 4/5 Godzilla products so far, yet has a catalogue of like half the showa series. Which kaiju would only get released via ReAction?
Odd and obscure, like, really obscure...like TAS, comic and video games, etc. They would fit with gashapon.
I...uh...I think you probably should lower your expectations just a little bit.
I'm...uh...obviously not expecting them, I'm just saying where Super7 has reiterated over and over specifically that they want to do EVERY SINGLE MONSTER it might be a possible avenue for it.

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

Randy from NECA also said they wanted to do "everything that appears in [Godzilla: King of the Monsters] and stopped at three of them. Best not to take their words as face value.
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

What the toy companies want to do and what Toho lets them do are - unfortunately - different things.
Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Fermix wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:17 am Randy from NECA also said they wanted to do "everything that appears in [Godzilla: King of the Monsters] and stopped at three of them. Best not to take their words as face value.
Super7 has more clout and history with the franchise than NECA, however. I trust Super7 to stick to their guns way more than NECA.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

UltramanGoji wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:30 am
Fermix wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:17 am Randy from NECA also said they wanted to do "everything that appears in [Godzilla: King of the Monsters] and stopped at three of them. Best not to take their words as face value.
Super7 has more clout and history with the franchise than NECA, however. I trust Super7 to stick to their guns way more than NECA.
BUT I don't believe for a second that we're getting every monster, regardless of what they've said. Bandai has been doing Godzilla figures for 40 years and we're still missing quite a few.

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

Legion1979 wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:33 am BUT I don't believe for a second that we're getting every monster, regardless of what they've said. Bandai has been doing Godzilla figures for 40 years and we're still missing quite a few.
**Super7's first wave then turns out to be Varan, Kamacuras, Gabara and Gaira.**

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

I think we'd all happily eat our hats if Super7 pulled something like that.

For now, though, Mezco is already promising/delivering more characters than most other licensors have combined. Unless Super7 or somebody else seriously surprises us this year, or Mezco's releases somehow turn out terrible in the end, my excitement is pretty much all reserved for Mezco right now.

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

Why's every thread turn into a Super7 thread on this forum?

Anyways, the Hedorah set is looking pretty slick. I especially like the little buildings; surprises me that there aren't more Godzilla figures packaged with buildings like that. Love the interchangeable parts and beam accessories, too, always a treat. Even though its following the reveal of the SHMA Hedorah set, I think it still holds its own.

I'm still kind of hoping it isn't too late for them to reveal a third DAM set, though my hopes diminish with each month.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

According to someone on my collectors group aparently the two DAM sets have been pushed back to as late as June.

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

Well I’ve been waiting for my One:12 1989 Batman since January 2020, so whatever.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Legion1979 wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 4:49 am According to someone on my collectors group aparently the two DAM sets have been pushed back to as late as June.
I am, for one, 100% okay with this. Gives me less to pay for in the next few months and also buys me more time to change up my apartment and up and move my whole collection to a new, bigger room.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Havoks
Interpol Agent

Post by Havoks »

No new Godzilla announcement for toy fair. Pretty disappointed honestly.
:terrestris:

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Havoks wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:37 pm No new Godzilla announcement for toy fair. Pretty disappointed honestly.
It's not like ANYTHING they've announced is even out yet. We're looking at possibly June for the DAM sets alone.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Yeah, I'd rather we get the stuff they already announced and then we talk about more stuff after that. They already announced the Hedorah set a few weeks ago too, so I think we're okay for now.

crockalley
Ronin

Post by crockalley »

It's been several weeks. Has anyone heard any official word on when the sets might finally arrive? I'm very excited to get my hands on them!

rob559
GPN Volunteer

Post by rob559 »

crockalley wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:10 pm It's been several weeks. Has anyone heard any official word on when the sets might finally arrive? I'm very excited to get my hands on them!
That's a good question....... "crickets" ;)

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Last I heard they were pushed back to June.

crockalley
Ronin

Post by crockalley »

Legion1979 wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 4:49 am According to someone on my collectors group aparently the two DAM sets have been pushed back to as late as June.
Legion1979 wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:19 am Last I heard they were pushed back to June.
Anything more precise than "some guy said it?"

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

I just cancelled my preorders. Ill reorder them once things get closer and we know a definitive date. I have a bad memory and dont want these charges sneaking up on me when Im not ready for them.

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

Ultrazilla on Youtube got the recent Ultraman 5 Points about a week or so before they hit BBTS. So I would keep an eye on his channel - I suspect he'll get them first.