Mezco Godzilla Toys

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
KingKaiju
Futurian

Re: Mezco Godzilla Toys

Post by KingKaiju »

Has anyone received their set from AC yet?

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

Nope, not even a shipping announcement. Maybe they're waiting to ship both sets?

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

Rody wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:36 am Nope, not even a shipping announcement. Maybe they're waiting to ship both sets?
Yeah, possibly. I've never had issues with them, so I'm not too worried. But I wanted to make sure that I didn't get missed or anything.

NickMockoviak
GPN Volunteer

Post by NickMockoviak »

Just got my Round 2 set from Things From Another World. I'll admit...these are very cool. Super impressed with the quality of the figures and all the little details. Can't wait to get Round 1 and the Hedorah set.

Havoks
Interpol Agent

Post by Havoks »

Got an email saying Round 1 will be charging soon from Mezco.
:terrestris:

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Mezco shipped these recently. A friend of mine is getting his today.

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

Oh wow - the Ghidorah/Gorosaurus/Baragon set was fun, but the Godzilla/Mothra/Rodan/Anguirus set is the real fun. What a fantastic set. Amazing paint, fun accessories and effects, incredible sculpting! Love this set. I even love the weird little surprise of Mothra having a "rattle" feature.
Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

What's the rattle feature?

rob559
GPN Volunteer

Post by rob559 »

Poe Ghostal wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 7:25 am Oh wow - the Ghidorah/Gorosaurus/Baragon set was fun, but the Godzilla/Mothra/Rodan/Anguirus set is the real fun. What a fantastic set. Amazing paint, fun accessories and effects, incredible sculpting! Love this set. I even love the weird little surprise of Mothra having a "rattle" feature.
Sounds Great!
Got mine delivered this morning. Have to finish work and check it out tonight. :huge:

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

My only problem with these is that they seem to have a problem with open mouths and teeth. Gorosaurs and the open mouth Godzilla and Angilas heads look off by quite a bit.

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

Legion1979 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 7:54 am What's the rattle feature?
Mothra rattles when you shake her :)

Seems to be filled with...whatever it is that makes toy rattles rattle.
Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary

rob559
GPN Volunteer

Post by rob559 »

Poe Ghostal wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 12:08 pm
Legion1979 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 7:54 am What's the rattle feature?
Mothra rattles when you shake her :)

Seems to be filled with...whatever it is that makes toy rattles rattle.
Whatever Mothra is "filled" with, It's probably to weight it down so when the web effect is used it wont tip over forward.
My set has no paint problems that the round 2 set had that some reviewers on youtube had. Even the teeth are fine.
Anguilas Open mouth head spikes are somewhat bent from packing, which for me was the only issue so far...
Rodan also has a flight stand which I didn't know came with the set. To me Rodan is the stand out figure in the set.
I recommend the Round 1 Set :angel:

N’Doul
Yojimbo

Post by N’Doul »

After getting Round 1, I have to say that I’m really disappointed in Mezco’s weak quality control. Godzilla’s claws as well as Anguirus’s spines are sloppy, with Anguirus’s spikes being very underpainted. Other things worth noting being: Rodan’s alternate closed mouth head is not included and Godzilla’s pupils are much smaller than the prototype’s. For this set being delayed by about five months, Mezco really didn’t take the opportunity to cook these a little more before releasing them, especially with a near $100 price tag. I’m still happy with these, but the flaws still needed to be pointed out regardless.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

My biggest complaint is still the really obvious gum lines on the open mouth heads. The Godzilla, Angilas and Gorosaurus head sculpts are actually extremely good. But the pink gums around the teeth are so aggressive that it really hurts these figures. Baragon and Ghidorah look perfect because they don't have this problem. It's especially painful on Godzilla. I'll probably keep the closed mouth head on that one when I get it this week.

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

Shoot, I'm now regretting not preordering the Mothra set. Hopefully I will have another chance.

Also, I hope they make a 64 Goji figure also. I wish they had for this set, I wonder why they didn't.

EDIT: I just ordered it via waitlist on the Mezco site. Sweet.

Also, I hope they make a giant 54 Goji, and a giant 64 Goji..
Last edited by Anguirus on Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

“Waitlist” for most collectible companies means you’re not guaranteed a product. It means once all preorders and retail orders are filled, if they have any extras left (which they usually do) then they go down the waitlist people in order of when they signed up and sell them until they run out.

Not sure how Mezco does it specifically but I bet it’s something like that.

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

Oh yeah I know, but thanks for clarifying it for me!

I hope Mezco reveals their 2023 figures soon! Either a Godzilla vs the Sea Monster or Terror of Mechagodzilla set would be great!

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

So I usually don't condone bugging companies about things but after getting DAM Round 1 yesterday I really (and I mean REALLY) want Mezco to do one more set. Is there someone at Mezco we can ask (i.e. bug) about this? The little display I've put together looks lonely without Manda, Kumonga and Varan. They're an American company. It shouldn't be too hard to find someone to ask, right?

Mr. Yellow
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Yellow »

Just do the other monsters as well.
"Monsters are tragic beings. They are born too tall, too strong, too heavy. They are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy. They do not attack people because they want to, but because of their size and strength, mankind has no other choice but to defend himself. After several stories such as this, people end up having a kind of affection for the monsters. They end up caring about them." - Ishiro Honda

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

Well, Awesome Collector FINALLY processed payment for my order of the two DAM sets. Maybe I'll actually get to see them soon?...