Mezco Godzilla Toys

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
goji89
Sazer

Re: Mezco Godzilla Toys

Post by goji89 »

Usually production models tend to be better than the actual product 90% of the time so *shrug*.

the-killer-wc
JXSDF Technician

Post by the-killer-wc »

I was hoping they would look better next to each other, and was going to be my reason to save up and get them. But if this is how they are going to be, I pass. Maybe if Godzilla ends up being just a smidge bigger so that he doesn't looks puny next to kong.

I get that they are not meant to be together or be the movie ones or anything like it, is just I wanted them both to make a huge display, with some legends included.
Last edited by the-killer-wc on Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Ah that Kong "Mezco-Flair"

Lol

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

the-killer-wc wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:49 am I was hoping they would look better next to each other....I get that they are not meant to be together
(Sniff) Theirs was destined to be an unrequited romance, just like Romeo and Juliet. Or Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber.
Last edited by G1985 on Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

the-killer-wc wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:49 am Image

I was hoping they would look better next to each other, and was going to be my reason to save up and get them. But if this is how they are going to be, I pass. Maybe if Godzilla ends up being just a smidge bigger so that he doesn't looks puny next to kong.

I get that they are not meant to be together or be the movie ones or anything like it, is just I wanted them both to make a huge display, with some legends included.
Yeah but take a good look at that size comparison. Kong is pushed forward while Godzilla is standing back a bit with just one foot forward. That doesn't look like a very true or fair size comparison.

the-killer-wc
JXSDF Technician

Post by the-killer-wc »

That is true, we can only hope for a in hand comparison video next year.

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

I wouldn't worry about it, if you think that this one matches well with your Big Kong and can afford it, I'd do whatever you think looks best. In my own case I have Music Box Godzilla and NECA Illustrated Kong together as my two 'main ones', because of the semi-match between their sizes, and the fact that the Illustrated Kong was for my purposes the best one that didn't have 'bloody cuts' or just look like a normal gorilla to me. If the scale is off a bit, you can always fudge it by adding to the environment to tweak it a bit.

Havoks
Interpol Agent

Post by Havoks »

I just want more 5 Point XLs from the line. Speaking of XL, I noticed on my BBTS account that my pre-orders for the 2 destroy all monsters sets and the ultra-man set was canceled. I didn’t cancel them myself so it kind of ticked me off as I got those in when they dropped. Anybody had this happen?
:terrestris:

LiamNeesons
Samurai

Post by LiamNeesons »

I had my gashapon preorder canceled and was given was refund from BBTS just the other day.

I got the XL figures in a $150 bundle from Awesome Collector. Free shipping too!

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Executive Hamster wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:06 pm
shadowgigan wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:02 pm
It doesn’t look as good as any of the X-Plus ‘89s, aside from maybe the original 30cm. Not sure what you are smoking, but I’ll take some. It does look similar to the mondo. Which, if you want to buy, hit me up.
God no. Many of the X Plus 89s look horrendous. Just look at these absolute derps. Mezco has them beat by a landslide.

Thats the main reason why I couldnt get into Xplus. Outside of the Yuji Sakai and the gigantic figures most of them just look bad. Well sculpted and well detailed sure, but the sculpts themselves always look off, never super accurate.

It also looks far better than Mondo, not similar in the slightest. Mondo is closer to NECA quality when it comes to utterly failing to capture the suits likeness.
Not sure you can just exclude the Sakai figures. Also, the gigantic '89 looks fantastic.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

shadowgigan wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:25 pm Not sure you can just exclude the Sakai figures. Also, the gigantic '89 looks fantastic.
Thats why I didnt exclude them, I specifically mentioned both the Sakai figures and the gigantic as being really good and said earlier that the Mezco figure was better than the older Xplus 89s but not as good as the Sakai and gigantic versions.

TheRealSpinoRex
GPN Volunteer

Post by TheRealSpinoRex »

I hope they make a smaller Godzilla (Like the small Kong) so that I can afford it, because it looks very nice. I also love the small Mezco Kong.
Also, on the minis; I would love to buy then if they weren't £99.99!!!!
That's an insane pricetag for figures so small!

Havoks
Interpol Agent

Post by Havoks »

Dopepope also worked on the digital sculpt for this guy FYI.
:terrestris:

GojiDude95
Interpol Agent

Post by GojiDude95 »

Does every figure company have some sort of fetish in making Kong massive compared to Godzilla or something?

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

GojiDude95 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:03 am Does every figure company have some sort of fetish in making Kong massive compared to Godzilla or something?
I believe it's more about size and hitting a certain price point. Kong is a much less bulkier character, so he can be larger to hit a certain price, while Godzilla (being a more robust character) needs to be sized a certain way to hit a similar price. That's why, for example, the Ultra heroes in the Bandai vinyl lines are always taller than the monsters.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

RIP Evan.

kaiju115
JXSDF Technician

Post by kaiju115 »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:22 am Hedorah Set confirmed
Amazing!!! Mezco Toys now has my attention!!! Figures crossed for a Terror of Mechagodzilla set.
SHIN GOJIRA IS AWESOME!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/user/kaiju115

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Kaiju115
Hope Legendary's Godzilla gets more than a Trilogy

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

kaiju115 wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:38 am
Amazing!!! Mezco Toys now has my attention!!! Figures crossed for a Terror of Mechagodzilla set.
...they didn't have your attention before?

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

Man, Mezco really are the unsung heroes of the year; they haven't missed with this 5-Points line. Goddamn.

A Hedorah and Flying Hedorah set is more than satisfactory, but I'd lose my shit if this was a whole "Hedorah Evolution" set with Water and Land forms. Regardless, I'm just happy to get another Flying Hedorah.

kaiju115
JXSDF Technician

Post by kaiju115 »

Legion1979 wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:12 am
kaiju115 wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:38 am
...they didn't have your attention before?
Oh they have, I've preordered their Destroy All Monsters set, & Mothra set, & seeing them reveal more Godzilla figures(Especially Showa Era figures) they now have my "Full" attention, just give us a Terror of Mechagodzilla set, & maybe even a Giant Gojira 1954, & Shin Gojira figure, & I will Die happy.
SHIN GOJIRA IS AWESOME!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/user/kaiju115

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Kaiju115
Hope Legendary's Godzilla gets more than a Trilogy