Mezco Godzilla Toys

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Re: Mezco Godzilla Toys

Post by GigaBowserG »

Executive Hamster wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:38 am Mezco is doing a giant Godzilla figure. Looks like its Godzilla 1989. I couldnt find pics online but Luminous did a video.
Same as the ones in the video, but pictures edition: https://twitter.com/mezcotoyz/status/14 ... 1715319820

Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Not quite Xplus quality as far as detail goes but definitely makes up for it with lights, sound, and articulation.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

Anguirus wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:53 am Dang, what do we think the price will be? Over $200?
I predict 300 or 400. Look at Hasbro's Galactus figure to see where this might be headed.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Ehhh idk, Hasbro's Haslab figures are blatant attempts at creating artificial scarcity. I doubt Galactus would really cost that much if it had a steady release.

Hopefully it'd cost around $299 max
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Very curious to see what kind of articulation this has. At 18 inches this guy’s gonna be massive!

cmdmstudios
JXSDF Technician

Post by cmdmstudios »

Anguirus wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:03 pm Some people are suggesting it's G93, which would be kind of random.
The arrangement of the fins is definitely 89/91. Though, based on the shoulders, I'm gonna lean more towards 89 on this one.
Well, that's certainly a thing.

"Well, you see, the Higgs Bison is the friendliest species of the water buffalo."

Shoopwoop17
Interpol Agent

Post by Shoopwoop17 »

Good lord he looks awesome. What a time to be a fan.
Check out my Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/atxspider/

It is mostly Spider-Man themed, but I'd love to talk cosplay, lightsaber commissions, and countless other topics.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Looks like the 89 to me. Don’t know how I feel about this because I have the Mondo on preorder, but excited to see people’s pictures of it in hand.

Doc Phibes
Samurai

Post by Doc Phibes »

That big Mezco G looks like a must for me. I love their huge Ultimate Kong. And despite my shrinking amount of horizontal display space, I've always had a hankering for a big Heisei G, particularly 89-91.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Mezco sucks and they are waaaay over priced. Their figures are great and all but damn expensive.

That Godzilla will be around $200-$300
Last edited by goji89 on Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

goji89 wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:10 pm Mezco sucks
Their figures are great
Wat
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Misato stans just built different.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Rando Yaguchi wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:53 pm
goji89 wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:10 pm Mezco sucks
Their figures are great
Wat
They are great figures but overpriced to high Hell.... they're preorders are a bytch to get often times (Like other lines). I'm just bitter I could never get their skull club figures and any of the Gomez ones.

:)

Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

Only thing I've bought from Mezco were some Breaking Bad figures back in the day which were pretty cool and reasonably priced, otherwise I'm unfamiliar with the company. I'm pretty impressed by their sculpt quality with such a wide range of Godzilla characters right off the bat. Most sculptors who aren't Yuji Sakai have a hard time with Heisei Godzilla's face sculpt, yet Mezco's prototype looks great.
Last edited by Rando Yaguchi on Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Misato stans just built different.

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

I hope they release a giant 54 or 99 figure eventually. Imagine how impressive those would be.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Out of curiosity I looked up the price on the 18” King Kong from Mezco. It had 3 head sculpts, two pairs of hands, 10 points of articulation and was $250. This 18” Godzilla has 14 points of articulation, lights, sounds, and an unknown number of accessories/extra parts (if any). Just based on the lights and sounds, larger size of the figure (the tail’s gotta be enormous), and the (I assume) higher licensing fees, I’m betting there’s no way this guy comes in under $300 and I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s $350-$400 or more.

the-killer-wc
JXSDF Technician

Post by the-killer-wc »

Wait thats right i had forgottern there is an articulated 18 inch kong! If i get them together this might be the biggest godzilla vs kong display ever! xD though i doubt they will look that good together, man i can only wish mezco would release an small scale godzilla like the did for their kong

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

Hopefully they give us a 64Goji to go with the Mothra.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

Honestly, if its $400, thats about as much as some of the bigger X Plus figures and this is WAY cooler than any X Plus, so I dont mind too much. Its also funny that Bandai, YMSF, and now MEZCO are all doing Godzilla 1989-91 figures.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:41 pm Not quite Xplus quality as far as detail goes but definitely makes up for it with lights, sound, and articulation.
Hey, kinda late, but I find it funny you say that considering apparently this figure was sculpted by Dopepope, who has sculpted for X Plus before.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Maybe it's just the material it's made out of.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983