What are your Godzilla 'Holy Grails'? 2022 edition

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
G1985
Gotengo Officer

What are your Godzilla 'Holy Grails'? 2022 edition

Post by G1985 »

What are the "Holy Grails" that you have on your wish list? For the purposes of discussion, a "Holy Grail" has to fit these three rules:

1] It has to actually exist,
2] It has to be something you can never find
3] If you did find it, it will usually be priced within your wallet's general reach anyway

Rule #3 tends to kill most of mine off, as my budget excludes most things priced in the hundreds anyway (I'm looking at you, X-Plus and SHMA Biollante). My one "grail" item that has eluded me for a decade is a Japanese strategy guide for the Sega Dreamcast "Godzilla Generations" game. I saw it on eBay around the year 2000, passed over it at the time, and have never found it again. What are yours?
Last edited by G1985 on Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.

goji89
Sazer

Re: What are your Godzilla 'Holy Grails'? 2021 edition

Post by goji89 »

I want to get back to this so just posting....

X-Plus Biollante first

Xenagoji7802
Samurai

Post by Xenagoji7802 »

Same here, price tag quickly eliminates SHM Biollante for me.

I'd say mine is the Bandai Grand King Ghidorah, that gargantuan beauty.

I actually saw it in a store when it first came out. I was a lucky little bugger who grew up in the Heisei Era and accompanied my mom to Japan on her annual family trips. I used my spending money to buy many a vinyl then.

The second I opened my mouth and pointed she was like "DAME!" in a terrifying voice that makes me shiver to this day.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

SHMA Awakening Shin.

It's not a hard to find figure, more I always have made a big purchase and don't have the funds/it gets snapped up by the time I find a good one.

SHMA Biollante and SCV King Ghidorah were here too but thanks to the SCV Bio and a bootleg I'm working on customizing, they're not grails anymore.

Also, a few random gashapons but I don't have them labeled right now.

RIP Evan.

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

Playmates You Know Who.

What? I don't really want much right now...

Okay, fine, SHMA Shin, always wanted one but when I have the dough something else always pops up, this spot used to be for SHMA Kiryu.
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Fire Fighter and Medic Jet Jaguar. They're not easily available online, and I've never seen them in store.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

SHMA Shin, Awakening or normal. Hopefully latter. I see them all the time on Yahoo! Japan but they always exceed $200 which I've no interest in. Hopefully Tamashii throws us a reissue.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

X-Plus 30 CM Godzilla '62, '68 or '74.
Marmit Anguirus '04
SHMA Mecha-King Ghidorah

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:45 pm SHMA Mecha-King Ghidorah
I have an SHMA MKG...

Might be one of the all time greats due to how possible it is with other figures with its grappling arm.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:04 pm
Mac Daddy MM wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:45 pm SHMA Mecha-King Ghidorah
I have an SHMA MKG...

Might be one of the all time greats due to how possible it is with other figures with its grappling arm.
I am crossing my fingers for an eventual repaint.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

SHMA Godzilla 2000 & Neca Otachi

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

The MKG is one underrated figure. It's truly a great figure with everything that's included.

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

The limited to 100 pieces lottery exclusive MMS clear red glitter Gigan '04 from 2005 is one them. If one ever pops up anywhere, it's usually well north of 1K...
Size DOES matter!

GodzillaXGomoraFight
Gotengo Officer

Post by GodzillaXGomoraFight »

Been collecting for a long time and for the longest time a Showa King Ghidorah was my holy grail ... then I bought and customized the bootleg and now I am set. One less on my list.

Now for what remains:

1. Monsterarts SCV Desotoryah: had a lot of opportunities to buy at a decent price and never pulled the the trigger because it is such a big figure. Shelf space is limited for me so if I buy figures these days some of them have to be put away in a toy chest.

2. A well painted Monsterarts Gamera 3: if that even exists haha

3. Bandai Desghidorah: always preferred it over Keiser Ghidorah's design

Now for some figures I wish someone would make:

1. A well detailed and proportioned 2019 Kong Ghidorah in 6 inch scale

2. A 6-inch scale Monster X

3. A 6-inch scale articulated Anguirus (55 or 69)

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

GodzillaXGomoraFight wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:37 pm Now for what remains:
That's a great example. There are some releases that have so many with paint or molding defects, I refuse to buy one without being able to inspect and choose the exact purchase in person. This means I will likely never own one unless I come across a decent one at G-Fest or a comic shop.
Last edited by G1985 on Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

S.H MA 6 inch articulated G '89 figure. It's coming but haven't heard anything aside from the promo pics. That is my DREAM figure to own.ike I'm buying 3 of these no lie. One to keep mint one to open and cuddle with and one to have as backup when I wear that one down to a nub after handling it soooo much..... ;)

GodzillaXGomoraFight
Gotengo Officer

Post by GodzillaXGomoraFight »

G1985 wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:42 pm
GodzillaXGomoraFight wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:37 pm Now for what remains:
That's a great example. There are some releases that have so many with paint or molding defects, I refuse to buy one without being able to inspect and choose the exact purchase in person. This means I will likely never own one unless I come across a decent one at G-Fest or a comic shop.
Agreed. With the teeth issue on that figure, I would definitely prefer to see it in person first. A comic book shop by me had one for a while but it had a real bad paint job on the teeth.

Wish that Monsterarts was more consistent with their QC like when they started out.
Last edited by GodzillaXGomoraFight on Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

Thankfully, Ive had good luck and managed to get every figure I really wanted, at least for now. That leaves figures that I would like to have but probably wont get, like the big Bandai 1964 from way back in the 80s and the Final Premium figure. I like big Bandai figures apparently. But neither of those figures are what I would actively go out of my way to get.
My two Holy grail figures WERE the big 1991 and the Godzilla Forever Meltdown Godzilla, but I now have both of them.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Holy grail I've got is the Gigantic X-Plus burning Godzilla.

That thing is massive and the best part is I bought him from a toy shop in a mall for I believe 400 clams. In Mint condition with no box and I believe it was a steal.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

For those who’ve mentioned it, the SHMA Gamera 99 is a really fun figure. Don’t let the lower teeth dissuade you. For one, I’ve yet to see a single copy that DOESNT have that white brick of paint on them. And, more importantly, it doesn’t look as bad in person because the head and mouth are rather small. Lastly, and maybe most importantly, it’s really really easy to repaint if you get a decent quality really tiny paint brush (I got one at hobby lobby for about $2).

With about 5 minutes of work mine went from this:

To this: