Super7 Godzilla Line

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Re: Super7 Godzilla Line

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

I'd imagine ToyFair? Fits in that time frame.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Havoks
Interpol Agent

Post by Havoks »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:10 pm I'd imagine ToyFair? Fits in that time frame.
Toy Fair would be a good guess, maybe even by the end of this year for Christmas surprise. I assume Toy Fair will be the reveal of the ultimates though.
:terrestris:

Mr. Yellow
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Yellow »

So much for ToyFair...
"Monsters are tragic beings. They are born too tall, too strong, too heavy. They are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy. They do not attack people because they want to, but because of their size and strength, mankind has no other choice but to defend himself. After several stories such as this, people end up having a kind of affection for the monsters. They end up caring about them." - Ishiro Honda

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

A lot of companies are bailing on in-person Toy Fair this year so we might not see something at the actual event but I doubt Super 7'll let the toy craze surrounding it pass them by without a livestream or some Twitter reveals at least.

Mr. Yellow
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Yellow »

Seeing Mondo's animated figure made me think...Super7 has the Godzilla license as well as the Nickelodeon license. Why not make a Reptar ultimate?
Last edited by Mr. Yellow on Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Monsters are tragic beings. They are born too tall, too strong, too heavy. They are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy. They do not attack people because they want to, but because of their size and strength, mankind has no other choice but to defend himself. After several stories such as this, people end up having a kind of affection for the monsters. They end up caring about them." - Ishiro Honda

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Mr. Yellow wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:32 pm Seeing Mondo's animated figure made me think...Super7 has the Godzilla license as well as the Nickelodeon license. Why not make a Reptar ultimate?
You don't need a Godzilla license or Toho's approval to make a Reptar toy.

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

Super7 is doing a 'month of reveals' type event, they started out today with Bruce Lee stuff, but here's hoping Godzilla makes an appearance, as it's been a while since we saw the teasers for the ReActions, and nothing yet on anything bigger except puzzles and the like.

Mr. Yellow
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Yellow »

Legion1979 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:43 pm
Mr. Yellow wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:32 pm Seeing Mondo's animated figure made me think...Super7 has the Godzilla license as well as the Nickelodeon license. Why not make a Reptar ultimate?
You don't need a Godzilla license or Toho's approval to make a Reptar toy.
I realize this, just that they happen to have both so it might bring it further to mind.

Gahdzilluh
G-Force Personnel

Post by Gahdzilluh »

Man i really cant wait for the ultimates line!!

What direction do you think theyll go?

Im thinking

- movie accurate because their power rangers monsters look great.
- sofubi style, because thats how super 7 started
- Revamped Trendmasters

Any of these i would be happy with. Id be the most happy with a combo of all 3

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Hoping for movie-accurate myself. I know it's not an unoccupied niche or anything but if they want to go obscure with their character choices, I'd like them to look good standing next to other lines.

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

UltramanGoji wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:23 pm Hoping for movie-accurate myself. I know it's not an unoccupied niche or anything but if they want to go obscure with their character choices, I'd like them to look good standing next to other lines.
I will be (happily) surprised if they come out screen-accurate. I'm fully expecting them to look more cartoonish, like the Trendmasters line did in '94.
Last edited by G1985 on Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

I fully expect screen accurate Ultimates, but I'd be lying if I said I'd be even more excited for cartoon-ish designs for the kaiju. They'd look so much different than everything else we got.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

KingCornetto
GPN Volunteer

Post by KingCornetto »

G1985 wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 6:13 pm
UltramanGoji wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:23 pm Hoping for movie-accurate myself. I know it's not an unoccupied niche or anything but if they want to go obscure with their character choices, I'd like them to look good standing next to other lines.
I will be (happily) surprised if they come out screen-accurate. I'm fully expecting them to look more cartoonish, like the Trendmasters line did in '94.
That’s what I’m hoping for. I want a high quality version of that Gigan. Maybe with accessories like the Bullmark Metal features.

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

My guess is that the Godzilla Ultimates will resemble the NECA Biogoji.

Not quite as refined and detailed as a SHMA, but not as cartoonish as some of their other "live action" stuff.
Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Poe Ghostal wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:07 am My guess is that the Godzilla Ultimates will resemble the NECA Biogoji.

Not quite as refined and detailed as a SHMA, but not as cartoonish as some of their other "live action" stuff.
I can tell everyone what I am most excited about, and it's not the figures themselves. It's the sheer amount of accessories that Super7 puts with their Ultimates line. I will bet money that a typical Godzilla like Heisei will include his breath, his spiral blast, possibly a nuclear pulse effect, alternate hands, maybe some different heads (snarling lips), and maybe some SDF vehicles.

A MechaGodzilla release will be abso-damn-lutely insane. Just look at what their Dragonzord is going to be coming with. It's nuts.
Last edited by Mac Daddy MM on Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Man. I dont think I even the MonsterArts had this level of built up expectations.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Legion1979 wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:07 am Man. I dont think I even the MonsterArts had this level of built up expectations.
Expectations for Super7 is based on what they've done with every other license for the Ultimates line. TMNT, MMPR, Thundercats, etc. They are PACKED.

Quote of the Year:

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

When are these supposed to he shown off now that Toy Fair was cancelled?
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

Though I didn't order the rest of the wave, I did preorder their Pinky and the Brain ultimates because the labware that they came with that would also work with several other things I had would cost MORE than what the figures did to either 3-D print or get small versions of elsewhere. They do come with a LOT, generally speaking.

That being said, I do think that the extra complexity of a kaiju with tails, extra heads, wings, etc may cut into it, but then again, the DragonZord certainly didn't have issues. I don't own any version of a mechagodzilla, so I'm wondering about that, amongst other possibilities.

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

Tomorrow concludes Super7's days of teasers. Here's hoping they end on a high note with Godzilla reveals.
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!