Super7 Godzilla Line

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Re: Super7 Godzilla Line

Post by Platypus Prime »

Not Godzilla, but I could see some of the ideas they use in this new Dragonzord they advertised this morning being used in multiple mecha from the line, as well as in a modified way, the kaiju themselves.

https://preorder.super7store.com/collec ... -pre-order

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Oh yes. MechaGodzilla finger missiles will be awesome! (Also, Kiryu’s many missiles…)

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

Glad to see a 7inch scale Dragonzord! I'm not a big Power Ranger fan, but the Green Ranger and Dragonzord always hold a special, nostalgic, place. That being said... The head and face look a little wonky. So, hopefully the Godzilla stuff comes better proportioned.

Havoks
Interpol Agent

Post by Havoks »

The PR line seems to be a good indicator for the Godzilla Ultimate line and I’m all for it. What do you guys think will be part of the first wave? I assume since it’ll be monsters, the wave will be shortened to 4 figures so my guesses would be
1. A very popular Godzilla suit, probably a 90s one
2. Jet Jaguar, seeing how he’s the most humanoid and can have a decent amount of accessories.
3. Maybe Mothra, possible larva and final form?
4. Gigan, to add a villain and might have some decent accessories.
:terrestris:

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

Havoks wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:28 pm The PR line seems to be a good indicator for the Godzilla Ultimate line and I’m all for it. What do you guys think will be part of the first wave? I assume since it’ll be monsters, the wave will be shortened to 4 figures so my guesses would be
1. A very popular Godzilla suit, probably a 90s one
2. Jet Jaguar, seeing how he’s the most humanoid and can have a decent amount of accessories.
3. Maybe Mothra, possible larva and final form?
4. Gigan, to add a villain and might have some decent accessories.
My MMS Jet Jaguar is now one of my favorite vinyls in my entire collection, but an articulated one would be such a dream come true. I don't jump on new releases that often but this would be something I'd buy in a heartbeat.

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

I have a new guess for Wave 1:

1. Jet Jaguar '73
2. Godzilla '68
3. Gaira '66
4. Miss Namikawa
Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

Plus there are a lot more accessories with the monsters than you might think, if you count things like buildings, the Super-X line, various tanks both sci-fi and modern, a nuclear reactor for Godzilla to feed on depending on the movie, etc. Mothra with a larva and some fairies makes sense. I wouldn't be surprised of something like Destroyah or Ghidorah were 'extra large' like the Mon-Starr from Silverhawks to cover their awkward shapes without having to totally dismantle them in the box. Maybe various beam effects and explosions would also count as accessories, maybe even as their own thing like how the Ninja Turtles line has the Mouser pack.

Of course, then comes the question of what wacky glow in the dark exclusives there might be. I'd love a strange Glow-Ghidorah to face off with my Reactor Glow Godzilla.
Last edited by Platypus Prime on Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Fuck it, I'll throw down a guess list.

1. Godzilla (Showa, any incarnation)
2. Rodan 1956
3. Mothra 1961
4. King Ghidorah 1964
5. Anguirus 1972

RIP Evan.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

I'll throw out a guess list....

Lotta Heisei stuff that's already been done to death by MonsterArts.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Godzilla Heisei
Godzilla 54
Jet Jaguar
Gigan
Kiryu

Something like that is my guess.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Mr. Yellow
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Yellow »

They usually do a random, unorthodox release. Wouldn't be surprised if to have at least one out of left field, like a King Caesar or the like.
"Monsters are tragic beings. They are born too tall, too strong, too heavy. They are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy. They do not attack people because they want to, but because of their size and strength, mankind has no other choice but to defend himself. After several stories such as this, people end up having a kind of affection for the monsters. They end up caring about them." - Ishiro Honda

Havoks
Interpol Agent

Post by Havoks »

Mr. Yellow wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:14 pm They usually do a random, unorthodox release. Wouldn't be surprised if to have at least one out of left field, like a King Caesar or the like.
If they start out with classic King Caesar I’d give them my kidney.

darthzilla99
JXSDF Technician

Post by darthzilla99 »

Super 7 is also known for doing off the wall but specific accessories that are part of the character no matter how obscure. Think like a one episode appearance of an item.

Let's say they did showa ebirah. He would come with
the red bamboo ship, the fruit liquid effect, boulder, boulder toss effect, water splash effect, infant island canoe and victims just to name a few.
Showa Ghidorah would come with the transformation effect out of the meteor.
GVK: TNE is a modern day 70s Showa Godzilla movie. Being a massive budget modern blockbuster CGI film instead of traditional 70s tokusatsu techniques doesn't change that.

Monsterverse is not similar to either MCU nor Bayformers just because all three are big budget CGI blockbuster franchises.

Havoks
Interpol Agent

Post by Havoks »

darthzilla99 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:38 pm Super 7 is also known for doing off the wall but specific accessories that are part of the character no matter how obscure. Think like a one episode appearance of an item.

Let's say they did showa ebirah. He would come with
the red bamboo ship, the fruit liquid effect, boulder, boulder toss effect, water splash effect, infant island canoe and victims just to name a few.
Showa Ghidorah would come with the transformation effect out of the meteor.
Would be nice to get a poseable Megalon. Beam effect, ball bombs, the two drill arms forming the big drill, the expanded wings. Would be pretty cool.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

I want a ‘68 Angilas with alternate fang-less head. Maybe a couple mazer tanks or some kinda GvsMG ‘74 related accessories.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

canofhumdingers wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:56 am I want a ‘68 Angilas with alternate fang-less head. Maybe a couple mazer tanks or some kinda GvsMG ‘74 related accessories.
Lol there hasn't even been a Japanese toy company to do a fangless Angilas. Probably shouldn't be expecting one from SUPER 7.

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

Nono, if anyone was going to do one, it'd be them.
If they make an Anguirus and include accessories, it'd be that and some other stuff I can't think of at the moment.

God, are they the best hope for a posable Anguirus?
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Legion1979 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:17 am
canofhumdingers wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:56 am I want a ‘68 Angilas with alternate fang-less head. Maybe a couple mazer tanks or some kinda GvsMG ‘74 related accessories.
Lol there hasn't even been a Japanese toy company to do a fangless Angilas. Probably shouldn't be expecting one from SUPER 7.
Considering how niche they went with MMPR if a Godzilla fan is there Fangless Angurius isn't off the table.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

I never said I expect it. Just that I want it.

Also, do we actually know what scale these will be? I just assumed 6” but looking at some reviews of other ultimates lines they seem to be 7 inches?

Havoks
Interpol Agent

Post by Havoks »

canofhumdingers wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:38 am I never said I expect it. Just that I want it.

Also, do we actually know what scale these will be? I just assumed 6” but looking at some reviews of other ultimates lines they seem to be 7 inches?
7 inches is probably a good estimate to make. Assuming the T-Rex and Dragon Zords are going to be around there. I hope we can see something soon, would be nice to get a little taste by the end of the year.