Super7 Godzilla Line

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
darthzilla99
JXSDF Technician

Re: Super7 Godzilla Line

Post by darthzilla99 »

Shenanigans wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 6:21 pm I'm just really excited by the prospect of non-film Ultimates. No idea what else they could do, but its nice to see they're willing to branch out with this line too. I'll probably try to grab the regular Shogun though, if it isn't too hard to get, since I have the actual, original thing.
Maybe they could do Trendmasters style ultimates?

I just had another thought. If they did an imperial Godzilla, could they do an imperial King Kong ultimate as well?
GVK: TNE is a modern day 70s Showa Godzilla movie. Being a massive budget modern blockbuster CGI film instead of traditional 70s tokusatsu techniques doesn't change that. Fight me.

Anguirus and Godzilla being friends in the Showa series is cannon. Deal with it.

Monsterverse is not similar to either MCU nor Bayformers just because all three are big budget CGI blockbuster franchises.

JetJaguarPaunch
Samurai

Post by JetJaguarPaunch »

I am deeply curious about how this works. I guess all the toy rights revert back to Toho, so in theory Super7 has free reign to recreate whatever toys from whatever toylines?

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

I have my fingers painfully crossed for an Ultimate Marvel Godzilla.
Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary

InfiniteHollywood
GPN Volunteer

Post by InfiniteHollywood »

I want a ReAction Godzilla's Gang figure.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

Im definitely getting an ultimate shogun. I have a spot set aside from it, but I genuinely cannot decide if I want the standard or GID. Really tough choice. Im also definitely getting the GID 54. The other two Ill pass on.

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

canofhumdingers wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 1:33 pm ...honestly, what I really want from ultimates is a wave with Godzilla 1984 as one figure and the other figure the Super X with all the appropriate moving parts and tons of accessories like smoke, missiles, laser beams, and that building Godzilla blasts a hole through.
This has been my not-so-secret hope and holdout since Mezco, Super7, Mondo and Hiya all announced their then-upcoming lines a year ago. My other holdout is an Ultimates Ghido-Goji with KIDS and Godzillasaurus accessories.

JetJaguarPaunch
Samurai

Post by JetJaguarPaunch »

Some good news- Brian confirmed that the Shogun Ultimate Godzilla will be 55 dollars, GITD 65, instead of conforming to the 85 price point, due to it simply not being as massive and using as much plastic as the regular Godzilla.

Hopefully this means that the smaller kaiju will follow that as well and be priced lower when appropriate.

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

According to Super7 on Instagram, Brian hinted at some releases during the Godzilla panel at SDCC. I can't seem to find anybody posting about what was shared unfortunately
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

JetJaguarPaunch wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:14 am Some good news- Brian confirmed that the Shogun Ultimate Godzilla will be 55 dollars, GITD 65, instead of conforming to the 85 price point, due to it simply not being as massive and using as much plastic as the regular Godzilla.

Hopefully this means that the smaller kaiju will follow that as well and be priced lower when appropriate.
That would actually make a $150 Destoroyah and a $65 Godzilla Junior wave make sense.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

Fermix wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:57 pm According to Super7 on Instagram, Brian hinted at some releases during the Godzilla panel at SDCC. I can't seem to find anybody posting about what was shared unfortunately
A friend of mine who was at the panel wrote me,

"Brian Flynn teased a new character in the original Super Shogun size/style for Godzilla to fight, for 2024"

and

"Brian also sort of confirmed they're doing a new version of some super rare old Mattel toy? Rodan? Something with a broken jaw and rubber band?"
Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

Poe Ghostal wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 3:16 pm
Fermix wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:57 pm According to Super7 on Instagram, Brian hinted at some releases during the Godzilla panel at SDCC. I can't seem to find anybody posting about what was shared unfortunately
A friend of mine who was at the panel wrote me,

"Brian Flynn teased a new character in the original Super Shogun size/style for Godzilla to fight, for 2024"

and

"Brian also sort of confirmed they're doing a new version of some super rare old Mattel toy? Rodan? Something with a broken jaw and rubber band?"
Brian has already confirmed they would be doing Shogun Rodan in ReAction, so thats not anything new. That first bit though, 24" Super Shogun Mechagodzilla inbound?
Last edited by Fermix on Thu Jul 21, 2022 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 3:12 pm
JetJaguarPaunch wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:14 am Some good news- Brian confirmed that the Shogun Ultimate Godzilla will be 55 dollars, GITD 65, instead of conforming to the 85 price point, due to it simply not being as massive and using as much plastic as the regular Godzilla.

That would actually make a $150 Destoroyah and a $65 Godzilla Junior wave make sense.
For Jr's size I can see 55 for him and 160 for Destroyah.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

A wee bit surprised they didn't show off any new ReAction figures or anything, but the first wave only just came out, so can't complain.

They did share this quick little video of the Shogun Ultimates though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXHpwhgxziM

InfiniteHollywood
GPN Volunteer

Post by InfiniteHollywood »

Hopefully they tease some new stuff, but S7 has made it pretty clear they're not looking to make a bunch of big announcements at SDCC.

Havoks
Interpol Agent

Post by Havoks »

In person photos. I assume the resin prototypes.
:terrestris:

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Something about them is not clicking for me, especially not at their price tag. I was all aboard during promos, but in-person photos make them look very… blocky and disproportionate?
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Mr. Yellow
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Yellow »

I'm just so bored of the Heisei stuff. Give me Showa and/suoer obscure we don't have a million figs of yet.
"Monsters are tragic beings. They are born too tall, too strong, too heavy. They are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy. They do not attack people because they want to, but because of their size and strength, mankind has no other choice but to defend himself. After several stories such as this, people end up having a kind of affection for the monsters. They end up caring about them." - Ishiro Honda

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Honestly, they kinda look like more accurately sculpted Trendmaster’s figures. They’ve got that same kind of chunky, hard-plastic-with-softer-sculpt-detail look as the bigger Trendmaster toy line.

Which is kinda what they’re going for I guess. High quality toys that are very clearly meant to be good *toys* and not fragile collectors items or pose-able models.

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

canofhumdingers wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 4:55 amWhich is kinda what they’re going for I guess. High quality toys that are very clearly meant to be good *toys* and not fragile collectors items or pose-able models.
Yes. Very much this. It drives me nuts when people compare the Ultimates to SHMA. They are very different products, with Super7 focusing on making toys that you can play with.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Fermix wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:04 am
canofhumdingers wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 4:55 amWhich is kinda what they’re going for I guess. High quality toys that are very clearly meant to be good *toys* and not fragile collectors items or pose-able models.
Yes. Very much this. It drives me nuts when people compare the Ultimates to SHMA. They are very different products, with Super7 focusing on making toys that you can play with.
Come on, let's be real. Who is going to pay what these cost and then actually PLAY with them?