Super7 Godzilla Line

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Gomi: Ninja Monster
G-Force Personnel

Re: Super7 Godzilla Line

Post by Gomi: Ninja Monster »

Fermix wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:23 am Image
90% sure that's only gonna be on the ReAction side of the line and the Ultimates figures won't have everything. I'd love to be wrong though, please let me be wrong.
Last edited by Gomi: Ninja Monster on Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

I love the ReAction figures. I'd love the whole Destroy All Monsters cast in that form.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

DirektorSplennic wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:04 am I love the ReAction figures. I'd love the whole Destroy All Monsters cast in that form.
Oh, fuck. That would be incredible. The possibilities here are really exciting.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I'd never heard of this company before now, but they officially have my attention.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

Gomi: Ninja Monster wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:55 am
Fermix wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:23 am *Snip*
90% sure that's only gonna be on the ReAction side of the line and the Ultimates figures won't have everything. I'd love to be wrong though, please let me be wrong.
The question was about Ultimates, so....
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

I guess I'll finally replace my monsterverse godzilla but more importantly
*clears throat*
Give. Me. MUTO. PLEASE!!
Last edited by master_of_monsters on Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
your source of self destruction

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

Fermix wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:23 am Image
Gamera is Toei :?:

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Daei, Toho and Toei are all vaguely similar in wording with some letter switcharoos.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Gamera isn't Daiei anymore though. It's Kadokawa.

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

Doesn't it feel like every other day we're getting either a new movie/TV trailer or a new announcement of some cool company about to make a bunch of cool merch?

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzilla Vinyl Mania »

I have no more room!!!!!
Resized Image
Wish I had 2 of each toy as a kid....1 to play with and 1 kept mint in the box!!

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Godzilla Vinyl Mania wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:39 am I have no more room!!!!!
This. :lol: I'm axing my Marvel, Halo, and non-JP dinosaur ( :( ) collections and getting rid of a lot of my books, but I don't think that's going to be enough. It'll be a wrench, but the Star Wars collection might have to go soon, too...
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

Maybe this will be the line that finally makes a 1960's King Kong to go with my 'absolutely no semblance of series or order, I just like the look' monster shelf. He'll blend right in with my 2000 and lights/music Godzillas, NECA Rodan and Mothra, Biollante, and little pencil-topper Godzilla I got when I was six. Plus a small Micro Machines train that's just there for tragedy.

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

Kinda unrelated but Super7 just debuted four Transformers ULTIMATE figures and their choices are definitely not what you might expect. This gives me hope that the first wave for Godzilla will include some out-of-left-field choices.
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

Gomi: Ninja Monster
G-Force Personnel

Post by Gomi: Ninja Monster »

Fermix wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:01 am Kinda unrelated but Super7 just debuted four Transformers ULTIMATE figures and their choices are definitely not what you might expect. This gives me hope that the first wave for Godzilla will include some out-of-left-field choices.
Saw those. Wasn't super thrilled with the articulation from the look of the promo pics but I never would have expected to see Banzai-Tron.

...wait...

OH! They were all Action Masters! Starscream wasn't a ghost but the roster checks out! Clever!

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

Pixel Dan has an interview with Super7 about their upcoming lines, including Godzilla and Power Rangers!

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

Wow! They're gonna be doing all sorts of stuff with Godzilla! Sounds like we've really upgraded in terms of collectable toys in the US - from a company that seemed fitfully interested in the property and often constrained by their particular license to a company that really loves and gets the franchise and has a much broader license (everything but Kong/Mechanikong!).

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Yeah something tells me we'll be seeing more than 2 figures a year this time, HYPE!
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Hot diggitty dog! I cannot wait to see what Super 7 brings out! I’ve always thought they made some really cool products but they just weren’t focused on licenses I cared about enough to collect. I came close to buying in to the Universal Horror ReActions, but just couldn’t bring myself to keep branching my collection out into more properties.

But man, knowing they intend to do as many Kaiju as they can? And that they seemingly have the blessing to make anything in the Toho pantheon (sans Kong/MechaniKong*)? I. AM. EXCITE!

It has me wondering what will become of my collection, too. I don’t have endless room (heck, I’m currently working with a temporary spare bedroom until we renovate the basement in a few years) and have been working to streamline/curate my displays. If the ultimates line pans out the way I’m dreaming, I could see myself abandon my Bandai vinyl collection altogether, as much as I’ve loved them over the years.

*while no surprise, it’s still unfortunate to see Toho Kong continue to get shafted because of stupid licensing confusions/complications

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

canofhumdingers wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:42 pm It has me wondering what will become of my collection, too. I don’t have endless room (heck, I’m currently working with a temporary spare bedroom until we renovate the basement in a few years) and have been working to streamline/curate my displays. If the ultimates line pans out the way I’m dreaming, I could see myself abandon my Bandai vinyl collection altogether, as much as I’ve loved them over the years.
For me, the Ultimates will likely be replacing vinyls for my currently displayed stuff but the vinyls themselves I'll keep in a storage container in the basement or something. The ultimate (no pun intended) goal for me later on down the line is to eventually have an entire Godzilla room in my house to display my stuff, so I don't think I'll get rid of anything from now on unless I know it won't be able to have a place in the collection ever.