Super7 Godzilla Line

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
UltramanGoji

Re: Super7 Godzilla Line

Post by UltramanGoji »

Super7 has a history with kaiju and tokusatsu so if there's any company I trust to be true to what they say with stuff like this, it's them. They know their stuff, I really do think they'll leave no stone unturned with this line.

'Course the real question will be...can I afford them all?

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

I was assuming every kaiju would be the reaction line and Ultimates would be just the big hitters.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

miguelnuva wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 3:42 pm I was assuming every kaiju would be the reaction line and Ultimates would be just the big hitters.
Considering they said they wanted the Ultimates line to be "the American SHMA equivalent", I don't think so.

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

I hope they hit the ground running, wave one like
Godzilla 1955, Jet Jaguar, Anguirus, and Ebirah or something like that
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

I hope they do a Godzilla suit for each wave. Would love a chronological release of each and every suit up to the present day. A lot of the Showa suits don't have very good articulated representation and it'd be a thrill to have them finally.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

UltramanGoji wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 3:44 pm
miguelnuva wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 3:42 pm I was assuming every kaiju would be the reaction line and Ultimates would be just the big hitters.
Considering they said they wanted the Ultimates line to be "the American SHMA equivalent", I don't think so.
At least the head guy is a fan and has already planned out 3 years of Ultimates so hopefully they look good and we buy them.

Hopefully movie accurate MireGoji is on the list or GiraGoji.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Wed May 19, 2021 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

UltramanGoji wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 3:57 pm I hope they do a Godzilla suit for each wave. Would love a chronological release of each and every suit up to the present day. A lot of the Showa suits don't have very good articulated representation and it'd be a thrill to have them finally.
miguelnuva wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 3:59 pm At least the head guy is a fan and has already planned out 3 years of Ultimates so hopefully they look good and we buy them.

Hopefully movie accurate MireGoji is on the list or GiraGoji.
Wait...what? My interest has now fully been piqued. I took a look through Super7’s catalogue and didn't find it impressive, but now I’m excited to see what they have in store!
Last edited by Jermobooka on Wed May 19, 2021 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

UltramanGoji wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 3:44 pm
So Heisei crew and a buncha repaints confirmed!

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

That would actually be a great place to put things like the Pit Lizards and other critters from Skull Island that didn't make A-list but still have a following! I'm thinking I probably should NOT go out of my way to find obscure stuff till we get a look at what all these players bring. After all, Mezco surprised me greatly by offering full mini-monster dioramas in a box already!

Mr. Yellow
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Yellow »

I am chosing to remain cautiously optimistic.
"Monsters are tragic beings. They are born too tall, too strong, too heavy. They are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy. They do not attack people because they want to, but because of their size and strength, mankind has no other choice but to defend himself. After several stories such as this, people end up having a kind of affection for the monsters. They end up caring about them." - Ishiro Honda

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

I'd prefer they focused more on Showa...but I suspect they'll have at least some pressure to do some Legendary stuff given its new popularity. A MUTO might be a good option for the first wave...
Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary

Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

Post by Legendary Minya »

still no pics of these huh?
"HOW DO YA LIKE THAT, WEIRDO?!!?"

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

Legendary Minya wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 8:19 am still no pics of these huh?
Super7 has said that only one figure (ReAction, I believe) will be ready for release before EOY 2021. I think that's the Hanna Barbera-looking foot that was teased earlier this month. Everything else kicks off in 2022.
Last edited by G1985 on Fri May 21, 2021 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

G1985 wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 9:00 am
Legendary Minya wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 8:19 am still no pics of these huh?
Super7 has said that only one figure (ReAction, I believe) will be ready for release before EOY 2021. I think that's the Hanna Barbera-looking foot that was teased earlier this month. Everything else kicks off in 2022.
My interpretation of what Brian has said is that the first Ultimates wave will come out Q1 or maybe Q2 2022. If that's the case, we would expect to see a solicitation for them within a few months.
Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary

Mr. Yellow
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Yellow »

He said "something for Comic-Con" and previously ONE Godzilla model would be shown this year, because the initial deal was for that character/design only. Combine that with their long preorder to fulfillment time..I'd say we pump the brakes.
"Monsters are tragic beings. They are born too tall, too strong, too heavy. They are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy. They do not attack people because they want to, but because of their size and strength, mankind has no other choice but to defend himself. After several stories such as this, people end up having a kind of affection for the monsters. They end up caring about them." - Ishiro Honda

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

I just hope we'll see wave 1 this year. Release will be in 2022.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

"Every kaiju" would mean several dozen figures. Super7's Transformers ReAction line has released about two dozen figures so far, so I guess it's doable!

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

I wonder if “every single kaiju” entails stuff like the MUTO’s. MV Titans would be pretty cool to see in this line
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Havoks
Interpol Agent

Post by Havoks »

If it’s “every Kaiju” then give me the monsters from Godzilla: The Animated Series.
:terrestris:

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Companies should never use terms like "every single", because they never really mean that.