Super7 Godzilla Line

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
miguelnuva
Justiriser

Re: Super7 Godzilla Line

Post by miguelnuva »

Legion1979 wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 10:41 am Companies should never use terms like "every single", because they never really mean that.
Holly Hell, Legion long time no see.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

darthzilla99
JXSDF Technician

Post by darthzilla99 »

Legion1979 wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 10:41 am Companies should never use terms like "every single", because they never really mean that.
I thought it was understood they meant all the monsters Toho themselves own the rights to. I'm not sure it's going to include the mutos or monsterverse titans like behemoth. We might get the monsterverse toho kaiju but that's about it is my guess.

Also, if super 7's tmnt line is anything to go by, I could see them doing retro style toy designs. I could see them doing kaiju figures based off trendmasters, Marusan, Bullmark, Imperial, and the Auroa model kits.

For their waves, I'm going to guess that each wave will consist of a Godzilla figure, a toho big five figure (Mothra, Rodan, Ghidorah, and Mechagodzilla), and two other kaiju from different film series periods.

Here's an example of a wave 1 I could see:
Godzilla 1991 (Have his coloring based off the trendmasters super charged Godzilla), Showa King Ghidorah (based off the Auroa model kit), Orga, Ebriah.
GVK: TNE is a modern day 70s Showa Godzilla movie. Being a massive budget modern blockbuster CGI film instead of traditional 70s tokusatsu techniques doesn't change that. Fight me.

Anguirus and Godzilla being friends in the Showa series is cannon. Deal with it.

Monsterverse is not similar to either MCU nor Bayformers just because all three are big budget CGI blockbuster franchises.

Mr. Yellow
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Yellow »

As a fan, Brian should know that "every monster EVER" will be taken verbatim by this fandom. He's already stated he can't do the Toho Kongs previously (unless that's changed?).

Added in 3 minutes 55 seconds:
Havoks wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 10:37 am If it’s “every Kaiju” then give me the monsters from Godzilla: The Animated Series.
I'd actually be ok with a ReAction/Gashapon style line for the super obscure ones.
"Monsters are tragic beings. They are born too tall, too strong, too heavy. They are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy. They do not attack people because they want to, but because of their size and strength, mankind has no other choice but to defend himself. After several stories such as this, people end up having a kind of affection for the monsters. They end up caring about them." - Ishiro Honda

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

I’m growing more and more hyped for Super7’s Godzilla line the more I hear about it. Really hoping for some reveals this by the end of the year!

Also, I’m wondering if we’re gonna be getting multiple versions of kaiju. Like, Showa and Heisei Godzilla or Showa and Millenium Gigan
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

DrPhilizSick@sHell98
Monarch Researcher

Post by DrPhilizSick@sHell98 »

Jermobooka wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:12 pm I’m growing more and more hyped for Super7’s Godzilla line the more I hear about it. Really hoping for some reveals this by the end of the year!

Also, I’m wondering if we’re gonna be getting multiple versions of kaiju. Like, Showa and Heisei Godzilla or Showa and Millenium Gigan
They want to do everything. It's up to the consumers to determine if this line will be profitable enough to do every iteration that they have the rights to. I'm definitely stoked about it. It will definitely fill the void that the end of the neca line left open.
@Dee_Sniper98 ▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一 on Instagram

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

I should look into this line more it looks pretty cool

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Post by Jetty_Jags »

Mr. Yellow wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 1:19 pm As a fan, Brian should know that "every monster EVER" will be taken verbatim by this fandom. He's already stated he can't do the Toho Kongs previously (unless that's changed?).
IDK, I think its more than possible that someone really enjoys the series without knowing how weird the overall fandom can behave. He may be in for a shock.
He Jock it Made of Steel

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

If the Super7 Ultimates line really does live up to its promises and becomes the “American SHMA” equivalent with a variety of Goji kaiju...I very well might just ditch SHMA, save for the newer MV and Reiwa releases, and go full-on with Super7 for stuff like Showa, Heisei, and Millenium

Would rather not have the figures be retro-styled, however. That would be a huge turnoff
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

DrPhilizSick@sHell98
Monarch Researcher

Brian Flynn of Super7 has stated in his interview with Pixel Dan that the Ultimates are going more towards being accurate to the looks of the kaiju as they appear on-screen. It would be cool if they did figures based on different styles as well. I would buy a Ultimates Shogun Warriors Godzilla or a Ultimates Trendmasters inspired Godzilla or even a Ultimates based on the Japanese poster for The Return of Godzilla by Ohrai Noriyoshi.

ClandestineCanine9
Monarch Researcher

Post by ClandestineCanine9 »

DrPhilizSick@sHell98 wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:57 pm Brian Flynn of Super7 has stated in his interview with Pixel Dan that the Ultimates are going more towards being accurate to the looks of the kaiju as they appear on-screen.
MonsterArts going to have competition?
that wasn't very cash money of you
モスラ! ゴジラ! ギドラ!

DrPhilizSick@sHell98
Monarch Researcher

ClandestineCanine9 wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:26 pm
MonsterArts going to have competition?
They could, depending on the how accurate, how detailed, accessories, how poseable and the amount of characters we get. If it's anything like early shma, I would think so.

I would probably buy from both, unless I'm choosing one over the other of the same design and doesn't warrant me buying both.

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

I hope for a decent Ghidorah of a size I can use with my shelf, that won't require me to shell out several hundred dollars. Though the necks may have to be detached in the package to make it fit, as his design lends itself to being priced bigger than he actually is if you don't...

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

Platypus Prime wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:25 am I hope for a decent Ghidorah of a size I can use with my shelf, that won't require me to shell out several hundred dollars. Though the necks may have to be detached in the package to make it fit, as his design lends itself to being priced bigger than he actually is if you don't...
I think it's the wings that cause more of a problem for the package.
Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary

Mr. Yellow
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Yellow »

Just wondered something. Brian talked about Kong specifically, but what about our ol' pal Frankie?

I remembered this post someone made, at my request, about possible accessories from each possible monster when MonsterArts were announced...

http://importingmonsters.blogspot.com/2 ... ts_24.html
Mr. Yellow wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 1:19 pm
I'd actually be ok with a ReAction/Gashapon style line for the super obscure ones.
Also, ohhh man I just reallly realized how awesome a set of ReAction figures would be, so we wouldn't have to go through the trouble of finding gashapons!
Last edited by Mr. Yellow on Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Monsters are tragic beings. They are born too tall, too strong, too heavy. They are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy. They do not attack people because they want to, but because of their size and strength, mankind has no other choice but to defend himself. After several stories such as this, people end up having a kind of affection for the monsters. They end up caring about them." - Ishiro Honda

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

I pray that Super7 focuses on the Showa era kaiju and Godzilla(s) first. I need a posable Showa 1968/1975 Godzilla figure. Oh, and Jet Jaguar, Hedorah, MG2, Megalon, Showa Gigan, Showa Ghidorah, etc etc

Havoks
Interpol Agent

Post by Havoks »

Power Rangers ultimates shown off. If that Dinozord is anything to go off of, I think we’ll be getting some pretty good Godzilla figures.
https://www.superherohype.com/geek-cult ... vealed/amp
:terrestris:

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

Havoks wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:20 am Power Rangers ultimates shown off. If that Dinozord is anything to go off of, I think we’ll be getting some pretty good Godzilla figures.
https://www.superherohype.com/geek-cult ... vealed/amp
Well, Mechagodzillas anyway. I am very skeptical of their ability to get monster skin correct.
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

Maybe, but I am looking forwards to seeing what they might pull off with Ghidorah, as his texture map is a lot simpler than most of the Godzillas over the years.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Platypus Prime wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:53 pm Maybe, but I am looking forwards to seeing what they might pull off with Ghidorah, as his texture map is a lot simpler than most of the Godzillas over the years.
For Ghidorah look at their Goldar.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

I'm excited for this! I hope their Godzilla figures are in the bigger ranges too. I ordered that green ranger. Not a big power rangers fan, but that particular character and his zord were always awesome.