Super7 Godzilla Line

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Moth
G-Grasper

Re: Super7 Godzilla Line

Post by Moth »

I think they'll focus on Showa mainly.
A more likely wave one is
-Godzilla 1974
-Mothra 1961/64
-Anguirus 1968
-Rodan 1964
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

I just did a marathon of watchin Super7 Ultimates reviews on youtube for their TMNT and Thunder Cats figures. Yeah... I'm stoked to see what we get with their Godzilla figures. I recall an interview where the owner said he basically got the rights to make anything except for Kong and Mechani Kong. I hope, to kick things off, we get hit with a bunch of obscure monsters and suits. The owner said he likes to make figures that you can't get anywhere else. If we open up with a MusokoGoji and Gabara or something, that would be insane!

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

If they put out any Showa era 'Big 5' figures that look half as good at half the price as those new Mezco ones I might have to bite the bullet and pick some up.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

There’s no way the Super7 Godzilla Ultimates will be “half the price” of the Mezco 5points line. That would put the Super7 stuff at $10-$12 per figure. Other Ultimates lines tend to run $45-$50 per figure.

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

canofhumdingers wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:42 pm There’s no way the Super7 Godzilla Ultimates will be “half the price” of the Mezco 5points line. That would put the Super7 stuff at $10-$12 per figure. Other Ultimates lines tend to run $45-$50 per figure.
I know Super7 is doing ReAction (which are 3.75" scaled) figures. Those are usually priced around $15-20. Are they doing an Ultimates line for Godzilla too?

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about the reaction line! Don’t most of those still retail for about $10?

Yes, Super7 is doing an Ultimates Godzilla line!!

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

I really hope we get some news from Super7 on this line soon. I would think they'd have preorders for Ultimates within the next few months if they're shooting for a 2022 release. Current preorders for some of their other Ultimates lines are currently scheduled for Q2 2022.
Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

Super7's Brian Flynn posted this on his FB page:

More insane toys that I can’t talk about yet. This one will blow your mind. #super7
Looks like it could be a Hanna-Barbara Godzilla? Though that version had a fourth toe, though in this image it could be hidden on the other side. Could also be a Marvel Godzilla (or maybe not Godzilla at all).

Probably not an Ultimate - maybe a ReAction?
Last edited by Poe Ghostal on Fri May 14, 2021 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

the-killer-wc
JXSDF Technician

Post by the-killer-wc »

Sadly no

https://www.instagram.com/p/CO1VTqEnwP6/

Is apparently a caballero dragon? dont know what that is.

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

the-killer-wc wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 6:28 am Sadly no

https://www.instagram.com/p/CO1VTqEnwP6/

Is apparently a caballero dragon? dont know what that is.
He says in the comments on that thread that it’s *not* related to the foot he showed.
Last edited by Poe Ghostal on Sat May 15, 2021 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

the-killer-wc
JXSDF Technician

Post by the-killer-wc »

Oh then there is still hope.

GodzillaRangerPrime
JXSDF Technician

Post by GodzillaRangerPrime »

The thing I’m most fearful about this line are the prices lol.

I hope they at least attempt to stay in that $23-30 price range the NECA line had, but I doubt it.
Chris55 wrote:
Underworld54 wrote:
GalacticPetey wrote:They're not half-assing the Star Wars movies.
I very much consider TFA to be half-assed. What a generic film which only fed on nostalgia, it brought nothing new to the table.
That's not true. C3PO had a red arm.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

GodzillaRangerPrime wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 8:59 am The thing I’m most fearful about this line are the prices lol.

I hope they at least attempt to stay in that $23-30 price range the NECA line had, but I doubt it.
Ultimates for Godzilla Will be 50 at the minimum 100 at the max. Usually the Ultimates are 4 figures at around $45.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

GodzillaRangerPrime
JXSDF Technician

Post by GodzillaRangerPrime »

miguelnuva wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 12:31 pm
GodzillaRangerPrime wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 8:59 am The thing I’m most fearful about this line are the prices lol.

Ultimates for Godzilla Will be 50 at the minimum 100 at the max. Usually the Ultimates are 4 figures at around $45.
Was that confirmed?

Gonna be a pain in the ass if someone wants all the kaiju they put out lol.
Chris55 wrote:
Underworld54 wrote:
GalacticPetey wrote:They're not half-assing the Star Wars movies.
I very much consider TFA to be half-assed. What a generic film which only fed on nostalgia, it brought nothing new to the table.
That's not true. C3PO had a red arm.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

GodzillaRangerPrime wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 1:07 pm
miguelnuva wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 12:31 pm

Was that confirmed?

Gonna be a pain in the ass if someone wants all the kaiju they put out lol.
Its a guess on my part. I bought an Andre the Giant from them for around 45 and I believe their Ultimate Green Ranger is going for 45 as well. The low point is the average and the high point is just me preparing for an extremely high end point.

Godzilla and his crew require more engineering than a human figure so I'm expecting it to be more than the normal figures.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Mr. Yellow
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Yellow »

Update on Godzilla line. Doubling down on "every monster EVER!"

https://youtu.be/haNVbD0Fa-M?t=5100
"Monsters are tragic beings. They are born too tall, too strong, too heavy. They are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy. They do not attack people because they want to, but because of their size and strength, mankind has no other choice but to defend himself. After several stories such as this, people end up having a kind of affection for the monsters. They end up caring about them." - Ishiro Honda

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

This isn't intended to sound bad, but I will beleive it when I see it. I also remind myself that many of these will very likely be ReAction line, and it doesn't fit with my stuff. An Ultimates Ghidorah would be nice, Gamera maybe, Mecha-anything, etc.

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

Mr. Yellow wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 1:59 pm Update on Godzilla line. Doubling down on "every monster EVER!"

https://youtu.be/haNVbD0Fa-M?t=5100
Somewhere out there, Laura Wingfield suddenly perks up and thinks she's about to get another gentleman caller.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Every monster ever huh? Does this include franchise mainstays such as Oodako© and Skeleturtle©?
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

Platypus Prime wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 2:21 pm This isn't intended to sound bad, but I will beleive it when I see it. I also remind myself that many of these will very likely be ReAction line, and it doesn't fit with my stuff. An Ultimates Ghidorah would be nice, Gamera maybe, Mecha-anything, etc.
Right before the section on Godzilla, they were discussing the Super7 Keshi line and how it could be used for just about anything. If Super7 really intends to cover *every* kaiju, I think it will happen in a keshi line (and not somewhere else).

Added in 58 seconds:
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 2:42 pm Every monster ever huh? Does this include franchise mainstays such as Oodako© and Skeleturtle©?
Burning Giant Condor and Bagan variants confirmed!