Godzilla vs. Kong - Misc. Figure Thread

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Re: Godzilla vs. Kong - Misc. Figure Thread

Post by Shenanigans »

Surprised nobody posted this yet, but Funko has officially unveiled their take on a certain spoiler...
Spoiler:

https://toynewsi.com/274-38540

Looks a hell of a lot better than what the previous leak made it look like.

ultrazilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by ultrazilla »

Prime 1 is doing both Godzilla and Kong busts at 75cm height
http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forum ... p?t=240344
Epic af.

Doc Phibes
Samurai

Post by Doc Phibes »

I've never been a fan of Funko Pop, but the sculpt and paint of their GvK Godzillas & Mechagodzillas are working their magic on me. I've just ordered the 10" standard color Godzilla, the Mechagodzilla, and the FYE glow Godzilla.

I'm seeing online that there is a paint variant snafu with some of the glow Godzillas, with some that have eyes and top spines that glow green instead of blue. Any word as to roughly how many "green eyes" variants are out there? How rare are they?

Doc Phibes
Samurai

Post by Doc Phibes »

The "10 inch" GvK Funko Godzilla is actually just a little over 8 inches. But he's wonderful, full of monstrous details from every angle. If you're looking to scratch a Monsterverse G Defo-Real itch but cannot afford to, this is a much more reasonably priced alternative. The dynamic sculpt takes it far above and beyond your typical Funko.

The Funko Mechagodzilla is fantastic. It does a much better job than Playmates at capturing all of MG's fine details, although cramming all of that into a small Funko body is almost more than your eyes can take. I may do a black wash to make the details more distinct.

The FYE glow in the dark Heat Ray Godzilla is somewhat of a mixed bag (or at least mine is). I received one of mistake variants with eyes and top dorsal plates glowing green instead of blue. Since the green glows much brighter, those top plates look inconsistent with the rest, reminding me a bit of Space Godzilla's "crown." The glow paint on the rest of the dorsal plates is also inconsistent: sometimes it's perfect, showing off the pattern in the sides of each plate/fin. But some of the others have a very dim glow, which is disappointing. Also, all of the dorsal plates on the Heat Ray G's are smaller than normal, but that doesn't bother me much. Other than those complaints, I still like it a lot. The glow effect is still impressive overall and the figure has the same level of detail in sculpt and paint as his bigger brother. Perfect for guarding your nightstand after lights out.

As I said in my previous post, I'm not really a fan of the typical passive, lifeless Funkos. But these guys barely look like that. They are in malevolent action poses, ready to start some kaiju-sized trouble. Recommended.
Last edited by Doc Phibes on Sun May 09, 2021 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

So....uh.....does anyone know what the fuck this is?
Spoiler:

the-killer-wc
JXSDF Technician

Post by the-killer-wc »

I think that is mecha godzilla from the new movie.

jk, but it is big, maybe the mega mecha godzilla?
Last edited by the-killer-wc on Fri May 14, 2021 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

I didnt think there was on that is Jakks Pacific sized.

Vandarker
G-Grasper

Post by Vandarker »

Prime1 is doing a full body diorama, apparently.

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

https://www.ebay.com/itm/133774985827

Anyone seen one of these before? It's a German Amazon exclusive statue that came with the 3D blu-ray steelbook. Don't think I've ever seen one offered in the US.
Last edited by G1985 on Sun May 30, 2021 10:55 am, edited 3 times in total.

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

I'm a bit floored at some of the busts and dioramas revealed that cost more than a few car payments. I'm all for people getting what they want, I just get sort of sticker shocked sometimes and wonder just how WAY above mine the fandom's average income is. I balked at the $30 GvK minifigures on ebay...

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Platypus Prime wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 7:51 am I'm a bit floored at some of the busts and dioramas revealed that cost more than a few car payments. I'm all for people getting what they want, I just get sort of sticker shocked sometimes and wonder just how WAY above mine the fandom's average income is. I balked at the $30 GvK minifigures on ebay...
Preach. Though that GvK statue with the light up Godzilla is pretty incredible to behold.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

Platypus Prime wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 7:51 am I'm a bit floored at some of the busts and dioramas revealed that cost more than a few car payments. I'm all for people getting what they want, I just get sort of sticker shocked sometimes and wonder just how WAY above mine the fandom's average income is.
I can imagine someone weighing the choice of eating mac and cheese for the rest of their life just to own ONE of them at that unholy price tag. What I can't imagine is *any* fan managing to afford TWO without carrying a huge amount of credit card debt. I have a hard enough time understanding the spending (and eating) habits of those people who own a dozen or more Y-MSF or SHMA figures.
Last edited by G1985 on Sun May 30, 2021 3:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

Don't misunderstand, I have no problem with the items, they're amazing. I just don't know how they can sell enough of them to ever get a profit. The six thousand buck diorama is what really blew me away, it's several months rent for many places I've been in.

Edit: And I do understand what you mean about the credit card, and I see from the Toyark news article on the $5699 diorama that they flat out say they have payment plans available, but I'd be very iffy about going into debt, even if many people would consider it minor debt, over something like that. Heck, I'm worried about going into debt for a CAR, though I know I will have to for a bit eventually as my old one isn't going to last forever, and the diorama price would be a great down payment. Full disclosure: I'm one of those paranoid nuts that pays off my credit card every month so I can rack up the reward points without paying interest.
Last edited by Platypus Prime on Sun May 30, 2021 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

G1985 wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 2:50 pmI have a hard enough time understanding the spending (and eating) habits of those people who own a dozen or more Y-MSF or SHMA figures.
I assume someone has solved this by just eating their figures.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Platypus Prime wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 3:45 pmFull disclosure: I'm one of those paranoid nuts that pays off my credit card every month so I can rack up the reward points without paying interest.
That’s not paranoid, that’s sound financial planning. I do the same. Interest payments (especially to credit cards) are literally throwing your money away.

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

Turns out, the $5699 price for the Godzilla/Kong diorama, WAS incorrect. According to BBTS, it's actually $6334.99.

...I will be sticking to my cardboard cutouts and little plastic buildings I painted up...if anyone does get it, please post pics because I certainly won't be able to.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

G1985 wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 2:50 pmI have a hard enough time understanding the spending (and eating) habits of those people who own a dozen or more Y-MSF or SHMA figures.
A lot of us have decent jobs, no fines, no child support, no drug habits outside of weed and have all of our bills and rent caught up.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

SEGA's figures look nice. Kong's looking kind of bored though, lol. Maybe he doesn't think Godzilla's much of a threat.

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

UA Monsters Kong. 30 cm tall, 17,380 yen.

https://www.kaijubattle.net/godzillaleg ... -megahouse

the-killer-wc
JXSDF Technician

Post by the-killer-wc »

Shenanigans wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:06 pm UA Monsters Kong. 30 cm tall, 17,380 yen.

https://www.kaijubattle.net/godzillaleg ... -megahouse

Is perfect!, 30 cm tall that is the perfect size to pose with neca's roaring Godzilla, articulation is enough to do simple posing too, the pain is well detailed enough too!. I can't wait!
Last edited by the-killer-wc on Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.