3rd Party Figures

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Moth
G-Grasper

3rd Party Figures

Post by Moth »

After they've popped up in the NECA and Monsterarts thread, I feel like the figures made by the community or 3rd party sources deserve their own thread to be discussed.

Things like the 9Modelism Kong and the unoffical Showa Ghidorah are allowed to be discussed here because they're all (or mostly) originally sculpts. Things like outright bootlegs should be redirected to the bootleg thread.
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Re: 3rd Party Figures

Post by Jetty_Jags »

Can we have a bunch of links/ archive of all the recent ones or is posting that info not allowed?
He Jock it Made of Steel

Gomi: Ninja Monster
G-Force Personnel

Post by Gomi: Ninja Monster »

Beats me. I can link 9modelism's stuff though if that helps.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

Do I count?

G-Force Personnel

DirektorSplennic wrote:Do I count?
Are you selling? Do you have a brand name or similar moniker?

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Gomi: Ninja Monster wrote:
Ahem, "Splennic's Splendid Toys - The Best 3D Printed Kaiju Around"

In all seriousness that last post was a joke lol.

G-Force Personnel

DirektorSplennic wrote:

Hmm, could use some more pizzazz.

"Splennic's Splendiferous Statuettes - Top-Quality Tokusatsu Titans, 3D Printed For Premium Playtime"

That should do it. :lol:

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

DirektorSplennic wrote:
Gomi: Ninja Monster wrote: Are you selling? Do you have a brand name or similar moniker?

"Splennic's Splendiferous Statuettes - Top-Quality Tokusatsu Titans, 3D Printed For Premium Playtime"

That's great and all, but if a kid ends up playing with it they'd probably choke and die. Sharp pointy pieces not for children.

G-Force Personnel

DirektorSplennic wrote:
DirektorSplennic wrote: Ahem, "Splennic's Splendid Toys - The Best 3D Printed Kaiju Around"

That's great and all, but if a kid ends up playing with it they'd probably choke and die. Sharp pointy pieces not for children.
*Sideways glance at the collection of considerably-less-than-safe dinosaurs from my childhood*

I suppose a disclaimer could be in order.

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

I mean,I guess your stuff would count as third party, Splennic, but this is mostly for peeps with no presence here.
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Nathus214 wrote:I mean,I guess your stuff would count as third party, Splennic, but this is mostly for peeps with no presence here.
Then those peeps deserve all the attention they can get.

Plus I was making a joke as stated before. I'll advertise all my stuff in the Custom Figure Thread until i start really making sales.

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

I'm going to update the main post with notable third party figures, I got 9Modelism's Kong, those fanmade MUTO posable kits and the Showa Ghidorah, anything else you guys think I should put up there?

G-Force Personnel

From a recent post by 9 Modelism about the Jungle Lord/KSI Kong shipping situation:

"So, After I tried shipping about 10 packages. 5 of them stuck at the custom. 5 status is out of the country but reaches nowhere.[sweating emoji]

So from what I see, I can ship it right now BUT I can't guarantee how long it'll arrive or even it'll arrive of not.

I plan to see how long it'll take to arrive at its destination before I shipping more of them.
If it looks good I'll send at least 40 boxes next time then wait for the result if all arrive then I'll send all the orders that finished.

PS.I've waited this long cause if any order is lost I've to make a new one which is time-consuming and I can't just leave you with nothing if it's lost[sweating emoji]

Believe me, I don't want to wait either, since It means I can't sell my other figure!! I've Muto prime, Zilla Animate that I've finished but I can't do anything with them since I've got this shipping problem [laughing crying emoji]"

What ho? MUTO Prime?

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

Yeah, he made a MUTO Prime sculpt awhile back and wasn't sure if it was going to be a figure or not. Guess he made up his mind!

G-Force Personnel

Well since we all forgot to actually put some pictures and links up here, I guess that's my job.

Jungle Lord(Kong 2017) https://www.9modelism.com/product-page/ ... ion-figure

Godzilla: The Series Junior sculpt(nearly complete) https://www.facebook.com/9Modelism/phot ... 768543208/

'98 Godzilla sculpt(WIP) https://www.facebook.com/9Modelism/phot ... 171473701/

9 Modelism Action Figure Group, where he seems to provide most of his updates https://www.facebook.com/groups/486214588850990/

DoctorWarpdrive
Samurai

Post by DoctorWarpdrive »

He's made more progress on the movie version sculpt and plans to ship out a bunch more Jungle Lord figures soon.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/48621458 ... 247716621/
9 Modelism wrote:Most of the main muscle as finished. all left is inner mount, tongue, then adjust all the Dorsal plate, Teeth since it looks way too symmetry on both sides. Then it's detailing time!!

PS.I'm currently moving from Bangkok to the countryside so no shipping till 9th September.
Good news is 40 order is packaged and ready to ship, as for the rest If this shipping goes well, I'll ship the rest order.
Image may contain: one or more people and shoes
9 Modelism wrote:That's right...... I'm sculpting it reproduce organs too, lol
Last edited by DoctorWarpdrive on Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

G-Force Personnel

Figures, I finally get around to adding the links and he goes and updates. Also heck yeah for full design accuracy, glad he didn't forget the cloaca. I know that would have ended up bugging me had I noticed it was missing in-hand.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Jesus that's nice. I need to try out zBrush.

Added in 4 days 22 hours 5 minutes 8 seconds:
Just letting ya'll know commissions are open for original kaiju designs. For those who haven't been in the custom figure thread I wanted to open up commissions for customer submitted kaiju designs that they will recieve a prepared file for printing. These are only for ORIGINAL designs by the client. So for $25 you'll get a fully sculpted, posed, cut model for printing out at home of your own dream kaiju. PM me if you're interested!