3rd Party Figures

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
cmdmstudios
JXSDF Technician

Re: 3rd Party Figures

Post by cmdmstudios »

DirektorSplennic wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:18 am
GigaBowserG wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:06 am
Shenanigans wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:02 pmIn all seriousness, I don't believe I've ever seen a Bagan figure for sale, or any video game Godzilla characters, so I thought it was worth sharing if anyone's interested. He's got a few there.
Looking at Bagan's posture is hurting my back...

Anyway, this dude was beaten to the punch, a Bagan garage kit has popped up now and again at Wonder Festivals in Japan, and with Toho's blessings to boot. I have a gut feeling the dude you linked is posting these models without permission, I saw no mention of the people who made the original Super Godzilla, Bagan, and Orochi models. The Orga one looks like it's straight out of GU, too.
I didn't want to say anything without absolute proof, but yeah, every single one of those models are stolen.
Can confirm that almost every single one of those models are stolen. They either belong to 2009MECHAGODZILLA, commissions done by Casey42 on DA (the G91 model is the one I commissioned from him), the Cyber Gomora belongs to a twitter user named UTF (I commissioned an Armada Optimus and Megatron from him) and the rest are models ripped from various games.

I can also assure you that he did not get permission to use and sell those models as 3D prints.
Last edited by cmdmstudios on Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Well, that's certainly a thing.

"Well, you see, the Higgs Bison is the friendliest species of the water buffalo."

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

cmdmstudios wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:50 pm
DirektorSplennic wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:18 am
GigaBowserG wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:06 am

Looking at Bagan's posture is hurting my back...

Anyway, this dude was beaten to the punch, a Bagan garage kit has popped up now and again at Wonder Festivals in Japan, and with Toho's blessings to boot. I have a gut feeling the dude you linked is posting these models without permission, I saw no mention of the people who made the original Super Godzilla, Bagan, and Orochi models. The Orga one looks like it's straight out of GU, too.
I didn't want to say anything without absolute proof, but yeah, every single one of those models are stolen.
Can confirm that almost every single one of those models are stolen. They either belong to 2009MECHAGODZILLA, commissions done by Casey42 on DA (the G91 model is the one I commissioned from him), the Cyber Gomora belongs to a twitter user named UTF (I commissioned an Armada Optimus and Megatron from him) and the rest are models ripped from various games.

I can also assure you that he did not get permission to use and sell those models as 3D prints.
I recognized the bagan and super godzilla models as 2009MECHAGODZILLA's work almost instantly, but edited an old post just in case this guy got permission.

The funny thing is a user on this very thread said I shouldn't have to worry about my models being stolen if I uploaded them for sale because 2009MECHAGODZILLA uploads his and nobody takes them and makes them into figures.

God I love being right.

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

Well to make it better, he's saying some people who ordered Kong won't get theirs and he's also trying to sell Zilla as a resin kit.
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Nathus214 wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:50 pm Well to make it better, he's saying some people who ordered Kong won't get theirs and he's also trying to sell Zilla as a resin kit.
He has a resin kit G98 and he's selling the articulated one later.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

It's just a little sus that he's trying to do all this stuff at once y'know?
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

Nathus214 wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:02 pm It's just a little sus that he's trying to do all this stuff at once y'know?
I wouldn't say suspicious. He probably just felt that he was capable of finishing a ton of orders but as reality set in he started to buckle under the weight. I don't think he has any malicious intent.

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

DirektorSplennic wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:57 am
Nathus214 wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:02 pm It's just a little sus that he's trying to do all this stuff at once y'know?
I wouldn't say suspicious. He probably just felt that he was capable of finishing a ton of orders but as reality set in he started to buckle under the weight. I don't think he has any malicious intent.
My guess is that the seller was relying on getting Revoltech joints from overseas, and post-COVID international shipping delays have caused his supply to dry up. He probably has a ton of loose parts waiting for joints that aren't coming.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

I just don't see why he's moving onto more figure releases when he's only sold about 45% of his first release, with the rest being lost at sea.

Overall that'd be considered a failure and the smart thing to do would be to step back from the spotlight and figure out a course of action from the ground up.

Not continue to release and hype up more figures, it is very suspicious
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

_JNavs_ wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:19 pm I just don't see why he's moving onto more figure releases when he's only sold about 45% of his first release, with the rest being lost at sea.

Overall that'd be considered a failure and the smart thing to do would be to step back from the spotlight and figure out a course of action from the ground up.

He was working G98 before the problem with Kong hit. G98 was always going to be in production before all the Jungle Lords were shipped.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

miguelnuva wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:52 pm
_JNavs_ wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:19 pm I just don't see why he's moving onto more figure releases when he's only sold about 45% of his first release, with the rest being lost at sea.

He was working G98 before the problem with Kong hit. G98 was always going to be in production before all the Jungle Lords were shipped.
He did not start G98 until he shipped about 25-50 Kongs. He jumped the gun.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

_JNavs_ wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:24 pm
miguelnuva wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:52 pm

He did not start G98 until he shipped about 25-50 Kongs. He jumped the gun.
He went to visit his girlfriend while his roveltech joints were in the mail so he could finish the rest of batch 2 and then batches 3-5. While he was away he couldn't work on Jungle Lord but he could work on the model for Urban Dragon toon and movie version.

When he returned home and could work on Jungle Lord again his Urban Dragon had a completed digital model already.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Well my Jungle Lord ex shipped as well as my Parasite mother and father, so we'll see what happens.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Your Boy Leroy
Monsterland Worker

Post by Your Boy Leroy »

I’ve pretty much given up on expecting to receive Jungle Lord anytime soon. I too ordered back in July 2019. I’ve followed the FB updates and it just seemed less and less likely that I’d actually get the figure.

I left my SH Monsterarts 2005 King Kong packed up at my parents’ place. Here’s hoping I can grab it sometime during the holiday and that it scales decently with 2019 Godzilla.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Your Boy Leroy wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:33 pm I’ve pretty much given up on expecting to receive Jungle Lord anytime soon. I too ordered back in July 2019. I’ve followed the FB updates and it just seemed less and less likely that I’d actually get the figure.

I left my SH Monsterarts 2005 King Kong packed up at my parents’ place. Here’s hoping I can grab it sometime during the holiday and that it scales decently with 2019 Godzilla.
It scales better than you think since Kong is eye height with Godzilla.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Your Boy Leroy
Monsterland Worker

Post by Your Boy Leroy »

That’s good to hear. I remember displaying the 2005 Kong with my 2014 SHMA Godzilla and not liking it very much. But I also just didn’t like that Godzilla to begin with.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Update on 9modelism

Talked to him and he said my Jungle Lord shipped. He posted pics of several Jungle Lords ready to ship as well.

Urban Dragon is going to be a resin kit first but the articulated cartoon and movie versions are planed for pre order around Apirl-May.

The resin kits are easier to make so I can see him using this to net a profit for himself while he works on the articulated figures. If his wedding, Covid and his broken hand truly is what was holding up Jungle Lord I think spacing out Urban Dragon to spring is a good move.

Finally on Instagram he revealed Dagon Killer will be his next resin kit and articulated figure. It looks good.

Photon collectibles on the other hand is doing A Kotm Titan that was bowing. Looks if better than the parasite parents.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

NickMockoviak
GPN Volunteer

Post by NickMockoviak »

I got my Photon Collectibles Parasite Mother & Father figures today. Outside of a strong superglue odor and a slightly loose joint- they look pretty good. Pre-ordered the Charybdis figure, which looks leagues above the previous figures.

I placed my order for Jungle Lord in September 2019. I have no idea if I'll get it or if it's lost at sea. Regardless, I am looking forward to the 98 figure.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

What's Dagon Killer gonna be?

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:38 pm What's Dagon Killer gonna be?
Muto Prime.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Photon has stayed on top of things every step of the way, told me when he'd be shipping it, told me when he shipped it, and gave me a tracking number immediately. It's already in NY , and the package is from the UK.

Now that's the top notch service I expect from third party sellers. Now that he's shipped all 5 sets of 20, he's starting to accept preorders for Scylla. Which is the effective way to go about shipping product.

Added in 9 minutes 43 seconds:
Hell he even came through with my request for strictly gray and black joints for the Parasites. (Easier to blend over).