3rd Party Figures

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Re: 3rd Party Figures

Post by Executive Hamster »

Im definitely tempted to get one

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

I wonder if Rebor could get away with making a Marvel Godzilla. They could use one of their vintage retro T-rex, paint it green, give it red eyes, and add in some spikes to the back. Voila.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

GodzillavsGamera
G-Grasper

Post by GodzillavsGamera »

well my package just left China on the 25th... so got my fingers crossed. RPO MechaG

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

Interpret this as you will...

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

My issue with this is that's clearly from the updated Messenger app, but NECA's icon has been The Mummy figure for quite a while. So...it's a bit strange.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

Maritonic wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 9:30 am My issue with this is that's clearly from the updated Messenger app, but NECA's icon has been The Mummy figure for quite a while. So...it's a bit strange.
It reads fake af. Why would they say "See you soon baby" to some random user? If it's someone reputable and not a random user, why haven't they shared this more broadly?
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

Jared Krichevsky, the man who designed the Ready Player One Mechagodzilla, has received a copy of the figure. Pretty cool and cute!

https://twitter.com/Monstermash042/stat ... 7615920130

He also posted a pic of his Mechagodzilla collection, as he helped design the GvK Mechagodzilla too!

Meanwhile, my copy hasn't even left China yet. :lol:

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

The people in China must have heard about how well they sold. They went from $40 to $88 in a snap
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Wed May 12, 2021 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

_JNavs_ wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 5:05 am The people in China must have heard about how well they sold. They went from $40 to $88 in a snap
The ebay sellers are jacking the price up. The ebay people are likely reselling or taking advantage on ebay being bigger than ali.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

the-killer-wc
JXSDF Technician

Post by the-killer-wc »

Well this is fun. I like him, he is a chunky boy, shame I got a blue heat ray, I wanted a red one, selected it and all, but oh well. I guess that is accurate to the one from the movie.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Just ordered my MechaG and found out they now have a gold rusted version and a black rusted version.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

the-killer-wc wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 2:17 pm Image

Well this is fun. I like him, he is a chunky boy, shame I got a blue heat ray, I wanted a red one, selected it and all, but oh well. I guess that is accurate to the one from the movie.
Looks good, man! Mine should be arriving over the next few days, despite having still been in China just a few days ago.
miguelnuva wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 6:04 pm Just ordered my MechaG and found out they now have a gold rusted version and a black rusted version.
Thanks for the heads up. The variants are nice, but not super different.

They also come in boxes now (I don't think the current ones do?), called "GRIM DRAGON".

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Where/what should I type up to find these guys?
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

_JNavs_ wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 7:47 pm Where/what should I type up to find these guys?
Go to Ali and they're called Mecha Gojira.

Added in 1 minute 37 seconds:
Now that it has variants I might get a version 2 or 3 to get the red ray.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Thu May 13, 2021 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

_JNavs_ wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 7:47 pm Where/what should I type up to find these guys?
Here's where I got mine - best price out there as far as I can tell. Listing has been updated with the variants, too.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002486276831.html

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Now that it has variants I might get a version 2 or 3 to get the red ray.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

He's here! Busted out the lightbox for this guy! (Sorry about the brightness.)

Well, long story short, this is no scam and he is exactly as advertised. Absolutely blown away by this figure, I never thought we would see this design as an actual figure. It really does look and feel exactly like a NECA figure, though perhaps more detailed. He's not crazy articulated; the head and body articulation is quite limited and the tail can't move much at all, but the arms and legs are very poseable.

Here he is with the S.H. Monsterarts Mechagodzillas; I would say he fits right in! He's a little tall, but so is Transforming MG.

A couple things to watch out for - first off, it stinks to high heaven. I'm used to bootlegs stinking, but I would recommend opening him next to an open window. Or outside. Good lord. I'd also watch out for the paint - after I was posing him a little bit, a tiny bit of paint came off, I believe from the black wash done over him. Isn't much of a concern, just something to be aware of. I was kind of expecting the wires to be rubbery, but they are quite stiff and fragile, so be aware of that, too. I'd say to treat it like a custom.

I got the blue beam variant. The beam doesn't plug into his mouth and just kind of sits in there, but it does look good. I didn't pose him with the big shoulder missiles since they weren't in the movie, but they are neat accessories!

Highly recommended if you like the design. I've always wanted a figure of him and never thought we would get one. I'm so curious to know where is came from, there's clearly a lot of effort and care put into the sculpt and even the paint. Its a perfect replica of the concept art. Use the link I posted above!

I'll be happy to take picture requests as well, if anyone wants any comparison pics with other figures. Just ask! (Though I will say right off the bat that I do not have the Playmates Mechagodzilla 2021.)