The Forgotten Unreleased Merchandise

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
ROMG4
G-Grasper

The Forgotten Unreleased Merchandise

Post by ROMG4 »

So you know I was just thinking earlier about some of the figures and other items that made it to the prototype stage but were never put into production or canned after a showcase. I figured it would be pretty fun to have a thread cataloging them

The bandai creations Showa Anguirus and Mecha-King Ghidorah

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Re: The Forgotten Unreleased Merchandise

Post by DirektorSplennic »

God that 55 Anguirus is sexy

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Bandai America had a lot of figures shown off at various events that ultimately ended up unreleased.

There was the original Fusion series Burning Godzilla which was stylized more like the 2001 Movie Monsters Series vinyl from Japan and the "Meltdown" Fusion figure alongside a 6" LittleGodzilla and Tokyo Vinyl versions of Minya and King Ghidorah.

There was also an attempt by them to release the Godzilla Egg figures from the 2014 movie under the line "Hatchin' Heroes" which was never released.

As far as other toylines go, there were prototypes for Moguera, Mecha-King Ghidorah and Mechagodzilla plushes from ToyVault. Two of them were revealed by eBay listings, the other was solicited but never released.

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

Remember the petition lol

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

2004Zilla wrote:Remember the petition lol
I remember the petition and the interview/poll that ultimately ended up being pointless. The creative team in charge of the line was changed shortly after that whole debacle, so it was essentially a meaningless cause.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Really sad that Tokyo Vinyl Ghidorah was never released. I really love that Minya too. Looks like something out of the Goolies movies.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Can't forget about the Trendmasters Doom Island and Godzilla 98 Series 2 and The Series figures that never got released.

https://www.tohokingdom.com/interviews/ ... llery.html

And also the long lost SHMA Brown Rodan and Utsuno Ikusagami

And, unfortunately, right now it seems like SHFA Tyrant and Ultraman Jonias may go unreleased... I REALLY hope I'm wrong. Hiporioto as well, but I really don't care enough for him.

Been going on 6 months since this was shown. I'm losing hope.

Jonias here, posed with the soon-to-be released Ultraman Titas. Like Tyrant, haven't heard anything since they were on display.

I'll be annoyed if he makes a wide release while Tyrant doesn't.

And finally, who can forget this absolute beauty that needs a wide release?

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

GojiDude95
Interpol Agent

Post by GojiDude95 »

I doubt they'll cancel Tyrant. Every showa ultra has had atleast one kaiju from their show be made. I was rather annoyed to see geed final be announced of all things.

Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations
Site Director | Media Relations

Post by Chris55 »

UltramanGoji wrote:
2004Zilla wrote:Remember the petition lol
I remember the petition and the interview/poll that ultimately ended up being pointless. The creative team in charge of the line was changed shortly after that whole debacle, so it was essentially a meaningless cause.
I am pleased with the interview but the timing for the poll was kinda bad. It was Bandai's idea to involve fans and they really wanted input. But, after that person in charge of the line left the company, the whole line was put on ice and no one ran it for a few years. It just sat there until they did some re-purposing of the old stock and now Playmates is running the show currently. It's a shame it didn't pan out.
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

Thanks NECA

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

I still want the original Neca 1984, its so horrible it is the best thing ever!

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

EvaGhidorah01
Monsterland Worker

Post by EvaGhidorah01 »

There are also those cancelled S.H. Monsterarts of some of the angels from the Rebuild of Evangelion films
Third Angel:
Sachiel:
Shamshel
Seventh Angel ("Clockiel"):
Zeruel:

Sachiel and Zeruel were displayed with an Eva Unit-01 and Beast Unit-02 figure (which can be seen in the photo right above)respectively. I think they might have been the robot damashii figures, correct me if I'm wrong.
"Take that you dinosaur!" - Major Spielberg

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

I need the Angels so bad. I thought there was some kinda talk about them maybe being released in some nonspecific future time? Maybe I'm trippin.
KingKaiju wrote:Thanks NECA

Goddamn it.
Last edited by Major sssspielberg! on Wed May 13, 2020 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

What about stuff that got as far as the preorder stage and then they keep pushing the release date further and further back, until they just change the release date to "Not Fixed", does that count?

Art Spirits was supposed to release Kamatakun, Godzilla 2019, and Final Wars Gigan into their "HyperSolid" product line last year, took preorders last summer, and initially had release dates late last year. In 6 weeks, on July 1st, I will have been preordered for the Kamatakun for an entire year. It was originally supposed to come out in November. Then December. Then January. Then February. Then, the first week of March, they changed the release date to "Not Fixed"... it's much the same for the rest...

Added in 5 days 17 hours 54 minutes 3 seconds:
Whoa, speak of the Devil and he shall appear! I posted this last week and just now Hobby Search sent the alert telling me the Kamatakun has arrived in stock! The G'19 has also been released, finally! No sign of the Gigan though...
Last edited by ApexOversteer on Tue May 19, 2020 8:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

Major sssspielberg! wrote:I need the Angels so bad. I thought there was some kinda talk about them maybe being released in some nonspecific future time? Maybe I'm trippin.
The 3.0+1.0 movie is coming out this summer. My original assumption was that these would resurface but I guess not. There's a chance they might pop up in the future, as SHMA is starting to branch out.
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

'98 cartoon toys
your source of self destruction

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Nathus214 wrote:
The 3.0+1.0 movie is coming out this summer. My original assumption was that these would resurface but I guess not. There's a chance they might pop up in the future, as SHMA is starting to branch out.
How wild is it that the year 3.0+1.0 actually is coming out there's a global pandemic. I sure hope it still comes out this year.
Even if it got delayed it seems like the right time to drop a few of them. Like you say, SHMA is branching out.
master_of_monsters wrote:'98 cartoon toys
Goddamn it again lmao
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

ApexOversteer wrote:Whoa, speak of the Devil and he shall appear! I posted this last week and just now Hobby Search sent the alert telling me the Kamatakun has arrived in stock! The G'19 has also been released, finally! No sign of the Gigan though...
Speak of the devil indeed, looks like Gigan's out, too.
https://twitter.com/daikonorosimal/stat ... 2261564416

Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

ApexOversteer wrote:Art Spirits was supposed to release...Godzilla 2019...into their "HyperSolid" product line last year, took preorders last summer, and initially had release dates late last year. In 6 weeks, on July 1st, I will have been preordered for the Kamatakun for an entire year. It was originally supposed to come out in November. Then December. Then January. Then February. Then, the first week of March, they changed the release date to "Not Fixed"... it's much the same for the rest...

Whoa, speak of the Devil and he shall appear! I posted this last week and just now Hobby Search sent the alert telling me...G'19 has also been released, finally!...
I've been watching for this one myself, and had given up it was ever coming out. Were you aware that there are two Art Spirits G19 figures coming, same sculpt but in two different sizes? The Godzilla that has been released I've seen billed as a "Hyper Solid" figure at 290mm in length. I've seen another line using the same advance photos, but it's a scaled down line that I believe is called the "Gekizo Series". It's a set of six smaller figures, with more modest paintjobs, at a suggested price of 1600 yen each:

https://www.kaijubattle.net/godzillaleg ... rt-spirits

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

G1985 wrote:
ApexOversteer wrote:Art Spirits was supposed to release...Godzilla 2019...into their "HyperSolid" product line last year, took preorders last summer, and initially had release dates late last year. In 6 weeks, on July 1st, I will have been preordered for the Kamatakun for an entire year. It was originally supposed to come out in November. Then December. Then January. Then February. Then, the first week of March, they changed the release date to "Not Fixed"... it's much the same for the rest...

Whoa, speak of the Devil and he shall appear! I posted this last week and just now Hobby Search sent the alert telling me...G'19 has also been released, finally!...
I've been watching for this one myself, and had given up it was ever coming out. Were you aware that there are two Art Spirits G19 figures coming, same sculpt but in two different sizes? The Godzilla that has been released I've seen billed as a "Hyper Solid" figure at 290mm in length. I've seen another line using the same advance photos, but it's a scaled down line that I believe is called the "Gekizo Series". It's a set of six smaller figures, with more modest paintjobs, at a suggested price of 1600 yen each:

https://www.kaijubattle.net/godzillaleg ... rt-spirits
Yeah, we discussed the smaller series over in the X-Plus thread when they were shown at Summer Wonder Festival 2019. Art Spirits' stuff is manufactured by Plex, same as X-Plus.

There's actually going to be two Gojis in that line, the one you have pictured there, and a Burning version.

I should update the X-Plus thread with them, actually.