Playmates: Godzilla/Kong

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Re: Playmates: Godzilla/Kong

Post by Platypus Prime »

Yeah, I realized today that one of those would be a great pit lizard substitute, but not if it costs as much as the new NECA pack itself. Cheap is good!

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

Well that sucks. I'll be honest and say these were probably the ones I was most excited for, too, so I guess its only natural that its the one thing Playmates decides to axe.

And the love/hate relationship with this company continues. I do hope there will be some kinder Asian sellers down the road who aren't scalpers, because I sure as hell will not be paying $75 for a 2" tall Behemoth.

FlawedCoil82
G-Force Personnel

Post by FlawedCoil82 »

How much is the Burning Godzilla and Jet Jaguar selling for at Target? I haven't seen them in store yet.
Katatonia, Within Temptation, Klone, Tool, Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Flaw, Breaking Benjamin, The Birthday Massacre, My Epic, Autumn, A Perfect Circle, Evanescence, Bush, Silverchair ('94-'01), Evergrey, Metallica, etc.

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

Shenanigans wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 9:22 pm Well that sucks. I'll be honest and say these were probably the ones I was most excited for, too, so I guess its only natural that its the one thing Playmates decides to axe.

And the love/hate relationship with this company continues. I do hope there will be some kinder Asian sellers down the road who aren't scalpers, because I sure as hell will not be paying $75 for a 2" tall Behemoth.
I really had my hopes up for these, too. Hopefully the unsold ones will get pawned off to a dollar store next year.

WarpedBandicoot99
Samurai

Post by WarpedBandicoot99 »

Apparently the Mechagodzilla stuff will be the last of the merchandise coming to the UK.

Which means the Hong Kong Battle figures, and the recently revealed Supercharged Godzilla will not be available which kinda sucks.

GodzillaRangerPrime
JXSDF Technician

Post by GodzillaRangerPrime »

So is Walmart reallyyyy not gonna stock these figures on their website?

Particular Mechagodzilla and the War Hammer
Chris55 wrote:
Underworld54 wrote:
GalacticPetey wrote:They're not half-assing the Star Wars movies.
I very much consider TFA to be half-assed. What a generic film which only fed on nostalgia, it brought nothing new to the table.
That's not true. C3PO had a red arm.

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

GodzillaRangerPrime wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 8:42 am So is Walmart reallyyyy not gonna stock these figures on their website?

Yeah I still never got the rest of the 6" figures and I'm pissed about it.

A month ago I was saying how nice it is that Godzilla and Kong merch is selling so well, but it appears that they're only selling so well because the scalpers are swooping in first and grabbing everything like vultures. I'm willing to pay a little extra for shipping and get them online at this point, but the Mechagodzillas are going for over $60 on Ebay these days... Disgraceful.

FlawedCoil82
G-Force Personnel

Post by FlawedCoil82 »

GodzillaRangerPrime wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 8:42 am So is Walmart reallyyyy not gonna stock these figures on their website?

It's rather frustrating. I saw these dumb things at 3 different Walmarts when I was out of town almost 2 months ago and I figured I would just wait and get them at my local Walmart instead (hopefully on Clearance as the other stores seemed to have gobs of them). However, I still have seen none appear at any of the 3 nearest Walmart stores that I was waiting on to get them yet. I don't know what is going on with our stores' action figure aisles but I have never seen them look so desolate and barren. Either stores are clearly not ordering anywhere near enough stock to meet the demand or else there are no truckers left. :mad:

I am also waiting to see if Burning Godzilla and Jet Jaguar will be sold at Walmart for $10 since they are apparently $13 at Target, but I have not heard of anyone finding those two figures at any Walmart store yet.
Last edited by FlawedCoil82 on Sun May 16, 2021 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Katatonia, Within Temptation, Klone, Tool, Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Flaw, Breaking Benjamin, The Birthday Massacre, My Epic, Autumn, A Perfect Circle, Evanescence, Bush, Silverchair ('94-'01), Evergrey, Metallica, etc.

DoubleDam21
G-Grasper

Post by DoubleDam21 »

Shenanigans wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 11:31 am

Yeah I still never got the rest of the 6" figures and I'm pissed about it.

A month ago I was saying how nice it is that Godzilla and Kong merch is selling so well, but it appears that they're only selling so well because the scalpers are swooping in first and grabbing everything like vultures. I'm willing to pay a little extra for shipping and get them online at this point, but the Mechagodzillas are going for over $60 on Ebay these days... Disgraceful.
Yeah I'm wanting Warbat and Mechagodzilla but can't for the life of me find them. Also wanting the Walmart exclusive pop but that is a pipe dream as well. Love that they are selling well but I agree that I wished it wasn't because of scalpers.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

FlawedCoil82 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 10:19 pm

It's rather frustrating. I saw these dumb things at 3 different Walmarts when I was out of town almost 2 months ago and I figured I would just wait and get them at my local Walmart instead (hopefully on Clearance as the other stores seemed to have gobs of them). However, I still have seen none appear at any of the 3 nearest Walmart stores that I was waiting on to get them yet. I don't know what is going on with our stores' action figure aisles but I have never seen them look so desolate and barren. Either stores are clearly not ordering anywhere near enough stock to meet the demand or else there are no truckers left. :mad:

I am also waiting to see if Burning Godzilla and Jet Jaguar will be sold at Walmart for $10 since they are apparently $13 at Target, but I have not heard of anyone finding those two figures at any Walmart store yet.
Both Jet and Burning G have been at my two local walmarts

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Walmart's website is absolute garbage and cannot be relied on. It's one of those store sites that also allows third party vendors to sell on it, further diluting results with overpriced, scalped merchandise instead of stuff that's actually sold there.

You're honestly better off just continuing to check in-person.

Grunkle Sans
Interpol Agent

Post by Grunkle Sans »

Are there plans for a "mega" Mechagodzilla to go with the mega kong and mega godzilla? Honest to god contemplating cancelling my SHMA PO's for those.. They look good, light up, make noise.. feels like a better value.
:gigan:

the-killer-wc
JXSDF Technician

Post by the-killer-wc »

Grunkle Sans wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 5:47 pm Are there plans for a "mega" Mechagodzilla to go with the mega kong and mega godzilla? Honest to god contemplating cancelling my SHMA PO's for those.. They look good, light up, make noise.. feels like a better value.
We all are sort of hopping for it.

FlawedCoil82
G-Force Personnel

Post by FlawedCoil82 »

DirektorSplennic wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 8:20 am
FlawedCoil82 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 10:19 pm

Both Jet and Burning G have been at my two local walmarts
Really?! That's encouraging then, so long as our stores continue to get trucks in. I haven't seen classic Godzilla figures restocked since August of last year. What are they selling for at Walmart? Did they raise the price back up to $12.97?

WarpedBandicoot99
Samurai

Post by WarpedBandicoot99 »

I initially thought the GVK line was coming to an end, as there is currently no mention of the Mega Mechagodzilla, and that the Supercharged Godzilla is the last.

Same thing with the rumoured Arctic Kong and Proton Scream Mechagodzilla figures, nothing on them either.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

I just bought the Jet Jagaaa and BG playmates which in all honesty are not that bad. I prefer the soft vynal than that cheap hard plastic they started using. JJ looks cool and BG looks very good too..... thinking about buying the FW Gigan from this set too. My boy wants a MA FW Gigan so hell no and the playmates will have to do lol.....

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

WarpedBandicoot99 wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 11:08 am I initially thought the GVK line was coming to an end, as there is currently no mention of the Mega Mechagodzilla, and that the Supercharged Godzilla is the last.

Same thing with the rumoured Arctic Kong and Proton Scream Mechagodzilla figures, nothing on them either.
Given the clear popularity of the movie and the line, Playmates would be batpoop not to continue it...
Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

I hope Playmates decides to get the rights to KOTM. If they could release the Big 4 and the little 4 from the bowing scene that would make my day.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

FlawedCoil82
G-Force Personnel

Post by FlawedCoil82 »

goji89 wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 11:53 am I just bought the Jet Jagaaa and BG playmates which in all honesty are not that bad. I prefer the soft vynal than that cheap hard plastic they started using. JJ looks cool and BG looks very good too..... thinking about buying the FW Gigan from this set too. My boy wants a MA FW Gigan so hell no and the playmates will have to do lol.....
Did you get them from Walmart? I am trying to find out how much they are selling for there.