Playmates: Godzilla/Kong

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Legion1979
Justiriser

Re: Playmates: Godzilla/Kong

Post by Legion1979 »

....actually, if you look at the pic of the front of the Godzilla box, the hand placement DOES kinda make it look like that's what's happening.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Now that you said it, I can’t unsee, And I hate you for it

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

UltramanGoji wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:01 pm
SpaceG92 wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:56 pm God I f- hate dynamic poses. Godzilla looks like he's forever nutting.
https://c.tenor.com/QTtGndGF4pIAAAAd/aw ... de-eye.gif

...d-does he? Is that what that looks like to you? I mean, more power to you if that was your first thought but...sounds like you've got some underlying issues to take care of there, pal!
Ask MM - I have issues.

Seriously though -
EXACTLY what this pose is.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

SpaceG92 wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:21 pm
UltramanGoji wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:01 pm
SpaceG92 wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:56 pm God I f- hate dynamic poses. Godzilla looks like he's forever nutting.
https://c.tenor.com/QTtGndGF4pIAAAAd/aw ... de-eye.gif

...d-does he? Is that what that looks like to you? I mean, more power to you if that was your first thought but...sounds like you've got some underlying issues to take care of there, pal!
Ask MM - I have issues.

Seriously though -
EXACTLY what this pose is.

I can both confirm and also agree.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

that or stubbed his toe
your source of self destruction

FlawedCoil82
G-Force Personnel

Post by FlawedCoil82 »

Uhh, well that was fast… :eh: I am guessing that this was a mistake? I wasn’t really planning on getting him (really just looking for Warbat), but for this price I had a hard time saying no.
Katatonia, Within Temptation, Klone, Tool, Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Flaw, Breaking Benjamin, The Birthday Massacre, My Epic, Autumn, A Perfect Circle, Evanescence, Bush, Silverchair ('94-'01), Evergrey, Metallica, etc.

Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations
Site Director | Media Relations

Post by Chris55 »

^Holy shit.
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

FlawedCoil82 wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:25 pm Uhh, well that was fast… :eh: I am guessing that this was a mistake? I wasn’t really planning on getting him (really just looking for Warbat), but for this price I had a hard time saying no.
Where'd you find that lol?

FlawedCoil82
G-Force Personnel

Post by FlawedCoil82 »

shadowgigan wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:02 pm
FlawedCoil82 wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:25 pm Uhh, well that was fast… :eh: I am guessing that this was a mistake? I wasn’t really planning on getting him (really just looking for Warbat), but for this price I had a hard time saying no.
Where'd you find that lol?
He was at the Walmart in Sidney, Ohio. It’s not my local store but I had an appointment up that way. At my local store they are all still regular price.
Last edited by FlawedCoil82 on Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Katatonia, Within Temptation, Klone, Tool, Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Flaw, Breaking Benjamin, The Birthday Massacre, My Epic, Autumn, A Perfect Circle, Evanescence, Bush, Silverchair ('94-'01), Evergrey, Metallica, etc.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

Im happy with how Godzilla looks. Its good to have some variety in how the sculpts are posed.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

I like how they fucked up and put the skullcrawler SKU on it.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

This is my kingdom come This is my kingdom come

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

Might be old news for some, but Terrestris and the classic reissues are out now.

Anyways, found Kong 2017, and though it isn't terribly different from the 2021 versions, its probably my favorite from Playmates. Mostly because I prefer the 2017 design, but the proportions just feel better to me. Chain accessory is fun too.

A definite improvement over the original Kong 2017, though I prefer the brown paint on that one.

By the way, I was at Target as well, and I saw this on the shelf -

Its not in the right spot and I didn't see a proper place for it, but I thought all Godzilla vs. Kong figures were Walmart exclusives? Maybe not anymore...?

GodzillaRangerPrime
JXSDF Technician

Post by GodzillaRangerPrime »

How well does the Battle Roar Mechagodzilla scale with the NECA KotM Godzilla or any of the Playmates GvK Godzillas compared to the standard version
Chris55 wrote:
Underworld54 wrote:
GalacticPetey wrote:They're not half-assing the Star Wars movies.
I very much consider TFA to be half-assed. What a generic film which only fed on nostalgia, it brought nothing new to the table.
That's not true. C3PO had a red arm.

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

I haven't been out to check myself, but I've started seeing photos of people picking up the Terrestris toy in stores.

WarpedBandicoot99
Samurai

Post by WarpedBandicoot99 »

Seeing what they're doing with the expanded MonsterVerse line, a part of me see them doing Ramarak from Kong: Skull Island in which they can take the previous sculpt and just paint it the accurate colours.

Also, maybe they'll do a 2019 Godzilla, but instead of red patches on him (like the City Destruction figure) maybe they'll do blue to match the posters/colour palette for King of the Monsters.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

IDK if anyone has seen this yet but the Playmates minis are finally available in Target. Whole set for $10

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Found the new Shin and Terrestris at Target today. Both are really cool figures, I even prefer the Playmates Shin in my Godzilla design display over the MMS due to the more dynamic pose and better use of shelf real estate. Terrestris is also pretty cool. Not much to say beyond that. I hope Playmates keeps up with these type of figures, they're really impressive for what they are.

sphyrna18
Ronin

Post by sphyrna18 »

With this renewed, retooled Shin Godzilla figure - which is such a vast improvement over their initial release - do you think that may be a harbinger for future re-releases of previously released figures that looked.... less than par? I wish they would re-do their Space Godzilla figure to fix it as well as all the shortcomings of the original Bandai figures (like that horrible gap in the back crystals, which started with the Bandai figure).

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

I wouldn't say it's out of the question. An updated Destoroyah and SpaceGodzilla would be nice, but I'm not really itching for them.