Toy Reviews

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Toy Reviews

Post by Maritonic »

So, with all the myriad of King of the Monsters figure releases, reviewers have been promoting their reviews for various lines. Between Jakks Pacific, NECA, Bandai, S.H. Monsterarts, and the upcoming releases from said lines, and X-Plus, there have been a ton of reviews being posted.

There is actually a rule within the forum that most reviewers either aren't aware of, or opt to ignore. The rule being; no shameless promoting of your reviews unless you're contributing to the conversation at hand as well. This rule gets ignored a lot.

That brings me to this topic: Here, people can promote and share their reviews of whatever figure it is at hand. No worry about the rule for contributing to the conversation, as the conversation would be reviews!

Of course, if that's the case, that would mean it would be contained here preferably. So, if you're reviewing the X-Plus Defo-Real '98, and post it here, don't post it on the X-Plus thread as well. If users wish to see reviews, this is where they will seek them out.

Any questions, please feel free to reach out to me. Happy reviewing!

Edit: Just a quick note here, this isn't Godzilla exclusive. Feel free to review anything NECA, Soul of Chogokin, X-Plus, S.H. FiguArts, Bandai, Hasbro, etc.

I ask that you don't abuse this rule, though. There should be some obvious common sense at play here as to what is acceptable to post and what is not.

As always, feel free to reach out to me with any questions.
Last edited by Maritonic on Fri May 24, 2019 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Salzilla
Interpol Agent

Re: Toy Reviews

Post by Salzilla »

There ya go! Been championing a dedicated forum for a bit here. I like to talk as well when I can, but I want to make sure the people that like reviews are getting the reviews, too. I agree that both posting too many reviews clutters the regular forums and having a thread just for review will help folks FIND them better as well. Fantastic, Maritonic!
ULTRAZILLA TOYS
Latest Kaiju review: Bandai Movie Monster Series Godzilla Ultima https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCkhkPWINDI

Ultra_Henshin_Fan
JXSDF Technician

Post by Ultra_Henshin_Fan »

Nice!

Now I'll patiently wait for Heisenberg and GForever.

Salzilla
Interpol Agent

Post by Salzilla »

Ok, I'll take it that posting reviews from anything that already has a forum here is fair game. I posted these this week in the respective forums, but they were taken down assuming because this forum was coming into being. So here they are. Expect a NECA Mothra review from me very, very soon!

NECA Spyro:

SOC GX-76 Grendizer:
ULTRAZILLA TOYS
Latest Kaiju review: Bandai Movie Monster Series Godzilla Ultima https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCkhkPWINDI

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Salzilla wrote:Ok, I'll take it that posting reviews from anything that already has a forum here is fair game.
Yeah I suppose I should specify that this doesn't have to be Godzilla only. It's any Toy Line/Reviews (Within obvious, common sense, reason).
Last edited by Maritonic on Fri May 24, 2019 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Salzilla
Interpol Agent

Post by Salzilla »

MY NECA MOTHRA REVIEW IS HERE!

ULTRAZILLA TOYS

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

Good review!! Man, Mothra is small!!

Salzilla
Interpol Agent

Post by Salzilla »

Anguirus wrote:Good review!! Man, Mothra is small!!
Thanks, Anguirus! Yeah, but packed with details,impressive honestly.

Added in 2 days 17 hours 33 minutes 54 seconds:
I'm going to single handily keep this thread alive till all the other reviewers who frequent TK realize they need to post here. lol.

So here's my review of the reissue of the Bandai America Chibi Godzilla 6-Pack!

Added in 8 days 2 hours 29 minutes 20 seconds:
Join me in a little over 30 minutes for the premiere of my SH Monsterarts Godzilla King of the Monsters review!

ULTRAZILLA TOYS

Gahdzilluh
G-Force Personnel

Post by Gahdzilluh »

Awesome thread! Just posting here so it will pop up in my recent posts. Looking forward to yalls reviews!

Ultra_Henshin_Fan
JXSDF Technician

decent review. I'm glad to see he's not as 'one color' as I previously thought he was.

Salzilla
Interpol Agent

Post by Salzilla »

Ultra_Henshin_Fan wrote:decent review. I'm glad to see he's not as 'one color' as I previously thought he was.
Thanks! Yeah, it's subtle, but he's definitely painted.
ULTRAZILLA TOYS

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Salzilla, I'm at work and can't listen to your review with audio so if you address this in your review, sorry. But I see you have the NECA and SHMA 19. Which do you personally prefer, in hand?

Salzilla
Interpol Agent

Post by Salzilla »

Maritonic wrote:Salzilla, I'm at work and can't listen to your review with audio so if you address this in your review, sorry. But I see you have the NECA and SHMA 19. Which do you personally prefer, in hand?
The SHMA overall, Maritonic. Decided to do a full comparison video on the two. It’ll be up this weekend.

Added in 1 day 3 hours 26 minutes 36 seconds:
X-PLUS DEFOREAL HEDORAH REVIEW NOW UP! Let me know your thoughts!

Added in 2 days 8 hours 5 minutes 32 seconds:
NECA VS. SHMA! Starting up in less than ten minutes!

ULTRAZILLA TOYS

tycerium
Samurai

Post by tycerium »

We review the Godzilla 2019 Bag Clips. These mini figures are based on the movie Godzilla King of the Monsters.

Added in 1 day 2 hours 59 minutes 38 seconds:

EXCLUSIVE! Our exclusive review of the upcoming Godzilla Vinimates figures from Diamond Select Toys.

Salzilla
Interpol Agent

Post by Salzilla »

Looking forward to checking out these reviews, tycerium!

Here's my latest: THE INDOMINUS REX, also rocking a new camera since the last review I shared.

Added in 4 days 6 hours 22 minutes 35 seconds:
Premiering TONIGHT at 9PM EST at the link below, my review of the NECA GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS 1956 POSTER VERSION REVIEW! Join me for a chat!

ULTRAZILLA TOYS

tycerium
Samurai

Post by tycerium »

We review NECA’s Godzilla action figure based on the 1956 American Godzilla movie poster.

Ultra_Henshin_Fan
JXSDF Technician

Without the text to recreate the poster it sort of defeats the entire purpose of 'recreating the poster'. That's disappointing.

and the wire tail is still there, that's also disappointing.

I ordered two of these and now I'm sort of regretting it a little bit.

godzilla98rules
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla98rules »

Here is my long overdue review of the NECA Godzilla 2019:

godzilla98rules's Digital Paintings & More: http://godzilla98artworks.weebly.com/index.html
GeekyAustin: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQloD4 ... EJpzdZq3ag

Resized Image Resized Image

R.I.P. George Root III

Salzilla
Interpol Agent

Post by Salzilla »

Everyone’s talking about the knockoffs (and 3rd Party, sorry there is a difference) out there, but one that’s slipped into the mix unnoticed is the NECA GODZILLA 14, which I mistakenly received. So I reviewed it along with the actual product:

Added in 10 days 41 minutes 5 seconds:
For Ultraman Day yesterday I reviewed this one:

Added in 3 hours 25 minutes 20 seconds:
And can't have Orb without Jugglus!

Added in 3 days 6 hours 20 minutes 6 seconds:
NECA PREMIERE DOUBLE FEATURE TONIGHT! NES GODZILLA kicks things off at 9:00pm EST followed up by the NECA RODAN review at 9:15pm! Join me in the chats for both as we end G-Fest weekend in style!

Added in 1 hour 14 minutes 13 seconds:
ULTRAZILLA TOYS

rob6027
GPN Volunteer

Post by rob6027 »

Here's my video on the Prime 1 Gamera 99