TOY REVIEWERS PLEASE READ

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
GodEmperorGabara
The Modfather
The Modfather

TOY REVIEWERS PLEASE READ

Post by GodEmperorGabara »

Alright, I've been getting complaints about this issue and I've talked to some users as well. However, this appears to continue being a problem so I'm just going to make a general announcement

Toy Reviewers, please participate in the actual discussion instead of just dropping off your Youtube review in a thread. This doesn't really contribute to the discussion at hand and is pretty much spam. This is a forum, engage with your fellow users in conversations. If you really want to promote your reviews, then just link them in your signatures and/or post them in the Promote Your Site/Forums/Etc thread in the General Discussion section.

Posts like, "Hey guys, here's my review of the NECA Shin Godzilla: [insert link here]!" will not fly anymore.

Now, I'm not forbidding anybody from posting their reviews or anything. You can still link your videos in discussions, just make sure that:
A.) You're not posting them everywhere and constantly in the toy section. You've most likely got a link to your reviews on your signatures already so we don't need to see them in every single thread. As a general rule of thumb, if the last 3-5 posts of yours in the toy section have your reviews linked in them (not counting sigs) then yeah, you may want to chill with the video promoting because that's probably gonna start aggravating users.

B.) You actually provide content to your posts first. An example of this would be, "Well PepperoniZilla, some of these SHMA Gamera 3 figures have a bad paint job but they can easily be fixed with the right paint and tools. As for the joints, I may not be able to help you with those. But yeah, not one of Tamashii's best releases and it is a shame considering how much I love G3. If you're interested in fixing the paint job, I actually made a tutorial vid to help those that are new to doing custom paint jobs as shown here. Hopefully, it'll help you out."

If anybody continues dumping their reviews in a post and go away without adding to the conversation, then your post will be deleted. If we have to keep deleting your posts, then you may be warned for it. Please, don't make us have to warn you. Thanks.
Last edited by GodEmperorGabara on Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I hate you eternally now Derzerb, I hope you know this.
<3

Made a Discord server, feel free to message me if you're interested.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Re: TOY REVIEWERS PLEASE READ

Post by Maritonic »

A slight update:

We have created a forum specifically for Toy Reviews : viewtopic.php?f=11&t=28646. However, THESE RULES STILL APPLY TO THE REST OF THE FORUM!

Please feel free to post all of your reviews on the specific Toy Review thread, but KEEP THEM THERE.

Any questions, you can message myself or any of the other Mods/Admins. Thank you.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.