Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
miguelnuva
Justiriser

Re: Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

Post by miguelnuva »

ClandestineCanine9 wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:56 pm G84 is heisei.
G84 is Showa but it is the start of the Heisei series of movies. Just like Shin is in the Reiwa series despite being a Heisei film.

Tamashii might consider 84 to old for their target demo which might be why G94 started the line and G89 came out much later.

G94 was the face of Godzilla when their target audience was growing up.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

I believe it has been established that Bandai considers Godzilla 1984 to be Showa since the film was released during the Showa period (1926-1989). I get why they do, but its still stupid IMO. They should just go by the film series, but whatever.

Anyways, forgive me if this was already mentioned somewhere, but whatever happened to Godzilla 2004? I thought they were teasing a reveal at this latest show specifically, but I guess they were just teasing it in general? IDK. I'm more than satisfied with the Godzilla Ultima reveal though, so I don't really care if it isn't revealed for a while. Just curious.

Andagi1
GPN Volunteer

Post by Andagi1 »

Would SHMA ever go the Dragon Ball Figuarts route and do "2.0"s of Kaiju/designs they've already done (i.e. G94 2.0, Spacegodzilla 2.0, etc.)? I'm quite pleased with Spacegodzilla and the other early releases but I wouldn't put it past Tamashii to find a way to add some form of additional articulation/detail for an extra $20.

ClandestineCanine9
Monarch Researcher

Post by ClandestineCanine9 »

miguelnuva wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:16 pm Shin is in the Reiwa series despite being a Heisei film.
the entirety of the Millennium series
that wasn't very cash money of you
モスラ! ゴジラ! ギドラ!

DrPhilizSick@sHell98
Monarch Researcher

Post by DrPhilizSick@sHell98 »

He was thinking that they might consider that showa era (which I doubt they would. Even the criterion collection didn't since G84 wasn't apart of the showa era DVD set.) The Heisei era began on Jan 8, 1989 and ended in Apr 30, 2019.

That would mean the millineum era, G14, shin and earth would be considered Heisei since they came out during the reign of Emperor Akihito in Japan but they aren't because they're not connected canonically with those films from that period.

The current era is the Reiwa era but I don't think any of the most recent material has been labeled under it. Shin only has one movie, earth is called the Netflix anime trilogy and the American production is just called the monsterverse.

Hopefully The World of Godzilla (which is described to be like the mcu even though showa era did the whole cinematic universe thing before the mcu with stuff like destroy all monsters) will be the next big phase of godzilla films.
@Dee_Sniper98 ▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一 on Instagram

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

DrPhilizSick@sHell98 wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:26 pm
He was thinking that they might consider that showa era (which I doubt they would. Even the criterion collection didn't since G84 wasn't apart of the showa era DVD set.) The Heisei era began on Jan 8, 1989 and ended in Apr 30, 2019.

That would mean the millineum era, G14, shin and earth would be considered Heisei since they came out during the reign of Emperor Akihito in Japan but they aren't because they're not connected canonically with those films from that period.

The current era is the Reiwa era but I don't think any of the most recent material has been labeled under it. Shin only has one movie, earth is called the Netflix anime trilogy and the American production is just called the monsterverse.

Hopefully The World of Godzilla (which is described to be like the mcu even though showa era did the whole cinematic universe thing before the mcu with stuff like destroy all monsters) will be the next big phase of godzilla films.
Shin and the Anime Trilogy are called Reiwa era by Toho themselves.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Shenanigans wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:18 pm

Anyways, forgive me if this was already mentioned somewhere, but whatever happened to Godzilla 2004? I thought they were teasing a reveal at this latest show specifically, but I guess they were just teasing it in general? IDK. I'm more than satisfied with the Godzilla Ultima reveal though, so I don't really care if it isn't revealed for a while. Just curious.
Likely it's like Godzilla 89, a design teased but will get officially revealed later on down the line.

RIP Evan.

GojiDude95
Interpol Agent

Post by GojiDude95 »

Major sssspielberg! wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:56 am
goji89 wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:08 am I'm waiting for Showa characters that are looooooong overdue.
:applause: especially since the awesome G62. It's so simple but it's one of my favorites. They've literally done every Heisei design excepting Baby and godzillasaurus. It's well past time they juiced the line with some Showa love.
Hold your horses buckaroo! I still need my 91 (the superior version of 89) and 84 if he counts.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

GojiDude95 wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:01 pm
Hold your horses buckaroo! I still need my 91 (the superior version of 89)
There's about to be a girl fight in this thread.

The superior what now?

GojiDude95
Interpol Agent

Post by GojiDude95 »

goji89 wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:27 pm I agree with Gojidude95
Why thank you for agreeing with me Goji89. Very cool very poggers of you.
Last edited by GojiDude95 on Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Naruto65
Futurian

Post by Naruto65 »

Jokes on you. He doesn't have any pogs.
Last edited by Naruto65 on Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DrPhilizSick@sHell98
Monarch Researcher

I don't even know what I'm gonna do with the 89 when it comes out. I already have the neca bile covered version posed with biollante.
I'll probably just throw him in my miscellaneous display of shma gojis who aren't paired with any other characters.
It reminds me of one of those artworks you see with all of the suit designs together.
I still have g94 as my main goji figure in my heisei era display. The sdcc explosion and g19 event exclusive look good together because of how much they contrast in juxtaposition to one another.
I've been using nargacuga and will use zinogre as filler characters in my monsterverse display.

I would love to see a muto prime get made. It could come out alongside a battle damaged goji with his dorsal plates destroyed, having a blue fumes smoke effect that you can attach to his back. I know it might just be a pipe dream of mines but it's still cool to think about imo.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

goji89 wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:27 pm

The superior what now?
You heard him. He speaks the truth.

Also got my G21. Happiest I've been with a SHMA release in a while. Lot of fun to pose and play around with. Can't wait for Kong.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

DrPhilizSick@sHell98
Monarch Researcher

My order of g21 arrived from bbts today. I already ordered him and kong from nin nin game at the end of last month. I don't know whether to open it or keep him mint in package.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Maritonic wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:40 am

The superior what now?
Listen here you horror loving clown....

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

So any word on when Kong ships? I (clearly mistakenly) assumed G’21 and Kong would come out at the same time. Big G is waiting patiently in my pile of loot for his best frenemy to wake up and break those chains that are keeping him prisoner on his ship...

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

canofhumdingers wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:10 am So any word on when Kong ships? I (clearly mistakenly) assumed G’21 and Kong would come out at the same time. Big G is waiting patiently in my pile of loot for his best frenemy to wake up and break those chains that are keeping him prisoner on his ship...
Keep an eye on Naruto65's Instagram page - he posted when Godzilla was incoming.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPUfAFrAWmv/

I'd bet it'll arrive in a few weeks.
Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

goji89 wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:57 am
Maritonic wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:40 am

The superior what now?
Listen here you horror loving clown....
Look, we'll have to agree to disagree on whether GojiDude95 and Maritonic are right or wrong, despite it being clearly obvious to all here that they are emphatically right.

DrPhilizSick@sHell98
Monarch Researcher

Most of the heisei designs are barely that different from one another unless you're the Stifler type that can point out every minute detail. Most average people will only be able to distinguish 84 from everyone else.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

DrPhilizSick@sHell98 wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:10 pm Most of the heisei designs are barely that different from one another unless you're the Stifler type that can point out every minute detail. Most average people will only be able to distinguish 84 from everyone else.
You calling average people dumb, that they wouldn't know the difference from one suit to the other? And you looking down on people that have a passion for the suits they enjoy and love? O.k.. sorry the average viewer isn't up to the Godzilla fandom standards.

Keep it classy bro.