Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
shadowgigan
Futurian

Re: Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

Post by shadowgigan »

G1985 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 2:41 pm
goji89 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 2:31 pmAs has been foretold.

The time has come for our society to end. The prophecy has begun for the rapture to leave the Monsterarts thread and go to a place where there are no QC issues, no loose joints, no bad paint apps...... and I for sure as Hell welcome it.
I don't care what you say, I ain't buying no "My Little Pony" figures. Nope not gonna do it.

Cringe but I still want it.

Added in 1 minute 17 seconds:
KK42 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 8:53 pm
Godzilla21 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 8:29 pm
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 8:19 pm
Lol, he had his moments but there was more frustration then good.

Hope he enjoys those SHMA Bat Men and Giant Rats (1969) though
I still say give him another chance. Dude was here for a long time. He was good fun.
Where do we draw the line, though?

If we unban people because they were fun and were here for a long time, then bans and warnings no longer mean anything.

A few years back, the admins decided to allow MM and Jomei back in "on probation", because they were friends with the staff. Pissed me off then, and it pisses me off now; nothing against either of them, but what's the point of rules if we let people off for reasons like that?
Lmao I remember those guys, I rarely poted in those days but always lurked. Who remembers Maser City!? The old fandom cracks me up.

Edit: Nice sig, btw.
Last edited by shadowgigan on Sat May 15, 2021 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

I still say give him another chance. Dude was here for a long time. He was good fun.

If we unban people because they were fun and were here for a long time, then bans and warnings no longer mean anything.

A few years back, the admins decided to allow MM and Jomei back in "on probation", because they were friends with the staff. Pissed me off then, and it pisses me off now; nothing against either of them, but what's the point of rules if we let people off for reasons like that?
Bans and warnings do mean something. But after a certain amount of time if they "serve" their sentence and lets say send a message to a mod saying "hey I'd like to come back and I'll make sure to reign it in" then maybe consider it? I mean this is a Godzilla messsge board right? Not a super serious thing. Just having fun.

I remember when SpaceG and the staff said they would allow members back on a probationary term. I don't like holier than now Jomei at all but I still believed he deserved a second chance. Same with MM. As far as I can tell MM hasn't caused any issues since he came back and is still part of this community. I think people can come back for the better.
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Godzilla21 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 11:06 pm

Bans and warnings do mean something. But after a certain amount of time if they "serve" their sentence and lets say send a message to a mod saying "hey I'd like to come back and I'll make sure to reign it in" then maybe consider it? I mean this is a Godzilla messsge board right? Not a super serious thing. Just having fun.

I remember when SpaceG and the staff said they would allow members back on a probationary term. I don't like holier than now Jomei at all but I still believed he deserved a second chance. Same with MM. As far as I can tell MM hasn't caused any issues since he came back and is still part of this community. I think people can come back for the better.
Hell yeah.

Especially for MY eventual banishment.....

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

goji89 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 11:51 pm

Hell yeah.

Lmao if you get banned i will self exile myself. MM was here back in the Golden Days. I get what people are saying but feel like he had his fair share of chances. Couldn't he just use a new IP anyways or has PHPbb progressed?

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

shadowgigan wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 1:29 am
goji89 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 11:51 pm

Hell yeah.

Lmao if you get banned i will self exile myself. MM was here back in the Golden Days. I get what people are saying but feel like he had his fair share of chances. Couldn't he just use a new IP anyways or has PHPbb progressed?
He made alt accounts back during his banned days. One of his alts was secretly known by an admin, GodEmperorGabera, and was only exposed and banned after a user who knew about the deal reported it to Arbok.

That's what I mean by people who are buddies with the staff being left off easy. That's why the probationary term was created in the first place.

Again, no offense to MM and Jomie, I just don't like it when users get special privileges like that.

#Leave Manda banned.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Godzilla21 wrote:But after a certain amount of time if they "serve" their sentence and lets say send a message to a mod saying "hey I'd like to come back and I'll make sure to reign it in" then maybe consider it?
We have done this but Manda has not made a single effort to reach out.

In general, we're really changing our mind on who does and doesn't come back (because as KK pointed out, a certain moderator misused this privilege) but I'm fairly certain Manda won't be back, mainly because we've had much worse people banned for the same reason he was and if he gets back, you KNOW we'll be hearing from them.

And I for one would rather delete these entire forums then let Omegazilla or Rhedosaurus come back from a ban.

Added in 1 minute 22 seconds:
Also, yes this isn't about MM and Jomei. You two absolutely changed and made up for it. We're just likely not bringing back every Tom, Dick and Stanely who says "I'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu"

RIP Evan.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

...Did you just say uMu?
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Godzilla21 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 11:06 pm I remember when SpaceG and the staff said they would allow members back on a probationary term. I don't like holier than now Jomei at all but I still believed he deserved a second chance. Same with MM. As far as I can tell MM hasn't caused any issues since he came back and is still part of this community. I think people can come back for the better.
Bit more to it than that, lol. But yeah. Perma-bans only really exist for the REALLY bad seeds that only exist to make problems. Almost everything I did proved a purpose, from exposing TK's lack of security to exposing some former staff's blatant corruption in targeting specific members. Plus, kinda' been around since the very start of TK - So I'm not going anywhere. :D

Added in 2 minutes 7 seconds:
Really? Tell us more about what you think you know about what happened.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

I don't even know why people keep bringing up the Jomei and MM unban, MM's been unbanned WAY more times than that one time. Either-way I don't see why we are so neurotic about it for the most part the forum population is small and most of us are familiar with each other. I've been on larger and smaller forums that are much more lax with the bans and unbans and never had much trouble.

I mean MM's always going to be unbanned its a TK tradition so I don't see why we constantly Swedish Chief about the ban and unbanning process, when all that's going to happen is we unban the member and they stop their behavior or they continue once again and are banned. Who cares really? I prefer the option that could bring more activity to the board because I mean its just a small little board

Plus they aren't the only exceptions, even Living Corpse was banned once and unbanned (extenuating circumstances). I say let's do what the KWC section did and eliminate the drama over rules, stipulations, and line drawing, by making it apply to all of us. It gets rid of the constant rules lawyering and hum bug that we've had for more than 10 years, and as its already been said recent events have shown TK forum rules have had to be adjusted to account for recent events (omegazilla). This is really no different and a beneficial change because this conversation is reaaallly old at this point
Last edited by ROMG4 on Sun May 16, 2021 6:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

Gahdzilluh
G-Force Personnel

Post by Gahdzilluh »

Any word one when the MG21 PO is going to go live? I have a feeling this one is gonna be hard to come by. Especially if its a webshop exclusive.

SoggyNoodles2016

MoarCrossovers wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:13 am ...Did you just say uMu?
I was trying to do UwU but frown, leave me be.

Added in 11 minutes 25 seconds:
Also, my final word on this whole debate is while there's a lot of debate on when and when not to permanently ban, we can all genuinely agree I think that a person should be considered to be brought back for a valid reason (they want to change, a long time on probation where they didn't suck, misunderstanding, etc)

Bringing back Mandasaurus because "he was funny to laugh at" is not even close to valid lmao.

RIP Evan.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 7:31 am
Bringing back Mandasaurus because "he was funny to laugh at" is not even close to valid lmao.
What...? Do... You... Mean... You... Don't... Want... To... See.... These .... ..... ..... In... Every... Fucking... Post... In... Every... Thread... He... Visits...

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

SoggyNoodles2016

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 7:50 am
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 7:31 am
What...? Do... You... Mean... You... Don't... Want... To... See.... These .... ..... ..... In... Every... skreeonking... Post... In... Every... Thread... He... Visits...

Oh my god, I fucking forget how annoying that was lmaoooooooo

RIP Evan.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Gahdzilluh wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 7:03 am Any word one when the MG21 PO is going to go live? I have a feeling this one is gonna be hard to come by. Especially if its a webshop exclusive.
Swoon! Probably after the 28th for Japan because i'm 90% sure its hype thing for Tamashii Features. So once Tamashii features is either over with or a few days in the event, he should go up.

Get him while you can before some shit head scalpers pre-order max out fucking all of them like they did with the Playmates.

ClandestineCanine9
Monarch Researcher

Post by ClandestineCanine9 »

KK42 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 3:59 amHe made alt accounts back during his banned days. One of his alts was secretly known by Derzerb, and was only exposed and banned after a user who knew about the deal reported it to Arbok.
is that what happened to StaircaseKitty?
Last edited by ClandestineCanine9 on Sun May 16, 2021 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
that wasn't very cash money of you
モスラ! ゴジラ! ギドラ!

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

How the hell did this thread go from a SHMA discussion thread for a good few pages and then immediately derail into talking about unbans, alt accounts, and mod abuse :lol:
Last edited by Jermobooka on Sun May 16, 2021 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

ClandestineCanine9 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 9:18 am
KK42 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 3:59 amHe made alt accounts back during his banned days. One of his alts was secretly known by Derzerb, and was only exposed and banned after a user who knew about the deal reported it to Arbok.
Not in the long shot, lmao. KK42 here is part of a little clique that I pissed off years ago whom were buddies with an old admin, Yaburu, whom I helped exposed as a corrupted staff member. StairCaseKitty WAS me, if there was any debate. There were a handful of other users hiding with alt accounts as well. Might still be a few floating around as well.
Last edited by Mac Daddy MM on Sun May 16, 2021 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Quote of the Year:

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 9:26 am
Not in the long shot, lmao. KK42 here is part of a little clique that I pissed off years ago whom were buddies with an old admin, Yaburu, whom I helped exposed as a corrupted staff member. StairCaseKitty WAS me, if there was any debate. There were a handful of other users hiding with alt accounts as well. Might still be a few floating around as well.
Oooh! The plot thickens!
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Jermobooka wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 9:27 am

Oooh! The plot thickens!
Not much of a plot, lol. Not saying I'm 100% innocent myself, I *DID* do a lot of crazy and unneeded shit back in the day. But people that like to act like they know what happened that weren't part of it really need to just shut up. Arbok wasn't even involved in the StairCaseKitty stuff what's so ever.

Quote of the Year:

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Uh... I wasn't buddies with Yaburu, MM. I never even really talked to the guy. Neither was the guy who exposed you to Arbok (Corzak the Mighty, on TK, if you wanted to ask him). He went to Arbok, as I recall, because he didn't like that the staff was letting you hide on TK behind an alternate account. It was as simple as that.

I have no hard feelings, MM, I'm just saying it how I remember it. Corzak went to Arbok, you found out and flipped out at him on AIM for the betrayal, he left the group chat, and I don't think you two ever spoke again. StairCaseKitty was gone shortly after that.

As far as I am aware, it had nothing to do with Yaburu, unless there was a second plot from his buddies going on behind the scenes that I wasn't aware of.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.