Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Missingno.
G-Grasper

Re: Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

Post by Missingno. »

Well, G'89 finally arrived, and.. It's alright. On the plus side no joints snapped off (though a few on the tail were tight), but the paint job is, well:
Spoiler:
Resized Image
You can't really see it there from the flash and other lightning just didn't pick it up, but his teeth look like he just ate a live animal. Lots of red on them. That, and the lower jaw just feels really loose. It could just be that this is my first Godzilla from the line, though. Those two issues are really my only complaints. I actually really enjoy this figure beyond that! Now for the dump:
Spoiler:
Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

This one serves no purpose other than fun out of the fact that I happen to have a Super X II model:

Resized Image
TK's resident other 1980's fan who longs for that decade's return, and severe weather fanatic.
LSD Jellyfish wrote:WOW WHAT HONOL. SO KOOR, VERY JOUZU KAWAII SOU DESU NE. AHHHH OKII CHINKO DESU KA. MMMMM CHICHI, WATSHI NO MANKO NI CHINKO O IKYUUUUUUUU
NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum
Resized ImageResized Image
The 80's----The weather!

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Well, AC responded and, while polite, basically said I’m on my own and should contact bluefin.

Bluefin hasn’t responded since I last updated the info they requested. I really hope they help me out. I’m gonna be really disappointed if I end up with a $90 paper weight.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Bluefin responded and said this:
Hi,

Your request has been approved and we've submitted this ticket to our manufacturer.

Please keep in mind that all replacement parts have been delayed as they are directly imported from overseas and should take 6-8 weeks to arrive.
Thank you,
Bluefin Customer Service
So I guess they’re sending a replacement? It’s not entirely clear if they’ll send a whole new figure or just a new arm? I wouldn’t think they’d send out individual pieces but I guess I’ll find out.

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

You'll either get
a) a new arm
b) a new figure
They sent me a whole new 2019 when I complained about eye paint. Mileage may vary!
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

NickMockoviak
GPN Volunteer

Post by NickMockoviak »

Missingno. wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:38 pm Well, G'89 finally arrived, and.. It's alright. On the plus side no joints snapped off (though a few on the tail were tight), but the paint job is, well:
Spoiler:
Totally agree. Tempted to do a bit of touch up on the teeth.

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

I'm keeping my Music Box one. The legs are a bit loose after all this time, but he does the job and I like how he has the lights where they were on the real suit fins. I do wonder if, given the recent MonsterArts issues, if the joint tightness is a response to the prior complaints about super-loose joints that went too far. I have SCV Ghidorah on order and the original was notorious for loose wings. I'll be interested to see how the gold one works out. Hedorah will be interesting too as the shape itself is so atypical, they might have to get creative with it.

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Holy shit he looks amazing and I'm not even the biggest fan of that suit.

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

vastatosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by vastatosaurus »

link?? What website is that?

Never mind:
https://tamashii-nation.tamashii.jp/station/godzilla/
Last edited by vastatosaurus on Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Gahdzilluh
G-Force Personnel

Post by Gahdzilluh »

Hedorah will have evolutions included!!!!

LiamNeesons
Samurai

Post by LiamNeesons »

Gahdzilluh wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:30 pm Hedorah will have evolutions included!!!!
This has now turned into a must buy for me.

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

Gahdzilluh wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:30 pm Hedorah will have evolutions included!!!!
I THOUGHT YOU WERE JOKING BUT -

Fuck me, that's great! I loved the Destoroyah Evolution set but never thought Hedorah would get the same treatment. Fantastic!

Godzilla 2004 looks pretty shnazzy, too! Wonderful stuff!

vastatosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by vastatosaurus »

There is also 'Soul of Chogokin' Kiryu in the page. Bandai is killing me these days.....

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

vastatosaurus wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:22 pm There is also 'Soul of Chogokin' Kiryu in the page. Bandai is killing me these days.....
That is going to cost my wallet a ton.

DoubleDam21
G-Grasper

Post by DoubleDam21 »

Welp 2 more SHMA that look awesome and on my must buy list. I go from buying 2 figures from this line in the last 3 years to buying/preordering 10 in the past 3 months :lol:

LiamNeesons
Samurai

Post by LiamNeesons »

vastatosaurus wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:22 pm There is also 'Soul of Chogokin' Kiryu in the page. Bandai is killing me these days.....
Oh sweet baby Jesus. The description also says that it will have the rail guns and weapons too as well as light up. Wow.

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

I jokingly suggested the evolutions but I'd assumed if they happened at all they'd be a second expense. While I know this will boost the price some, it's still an amazing 'all in one' I never actually expected. Now something else I never thought I'd ask, does Hedorah come with a flight stand?

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Not a MA collector but that FinalGoji has my attention.
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Wow, that’s exciting. Here’s what it says about Hedorah:
8:50 AA tamashii-nation.tamashii.jp SMHGAsterlats SHMonsterArts Hedorah 50th Anniversary Special Commemorative Set Reference Exhibition From "Godzilla vs. Hedorah", "Hedorah" appears in SHMonsterArts as a special set that includes 3 forms to commemorate the 50th anniversary. .. In addition to the growth period, a flight period and an underwater habitat period are also included. Developer's comment The shape and set contents faithfully reproduce the play, which is suitable for the 50th anniversary, such as the drooling form and texture that seems to be a pollution monster. Please wait for the follow-up report ...! Do Not Sell MyXeGLOSEmation
And here’s what it says about the chogokin Kiryu:
8:48 AA A tamashii-nation.tamashii.jp Chogokin Sales Chogokin Soul MFS-3 Mechagodzilla "Mechagodzilla" who fought a deadly battle with Godzilla at the reference exhibition "Godzilla x Mechagodzilla" is super Alloy soul! Various weapons used in the play are included, and various scenes can be reproduced! It also has a built-in light emitting gimmick that takes advantage of its large size. Developer Comments The popular character "Mechagodzilla 3" from S.H.MonsterArts is now available in the Soul of Chogokin! In addition to reproducing weapons such as the back unit and arm railgun, we are pursuing modeling and gimmicks unique to large sizes. We are preparing a lot of unpublished material, so please look forward to future information! Do Not Sell My Personal Information X CLOSE
The blurb about G’04 doesn’t really say anything worth translating.