Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Naruto65
Futurian

Re: Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

Post by Naruto65 »

goji89 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:23 am If I could I'd return this bastard but no returns at the comic store especially broke ones so I just ate a wad of cash. What sucks is that I was actually liking the damn thing but then *snap* and it's not an easy fix either. So just word of caution with your Kongs people.
Contact Bluefin Brands for a replacement: customerservice@bluefincollectibles.com

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Naruto65 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:06 pm
goji89 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:23 am If I could I'd return this bastard but no returns at the comic store especially broke ones so I just ate a wad of cash. What sucks is that I was actually liking the damn thing but then *snap* and it's not an easy fix either. So just word of caution with your Kongs people.
Contact Bluefin Brands for a replacement: customerservice@bluefincollectibles.com
Will do. Thanks for looking out bro.

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

Bluefin is being notoriously difficult when it comes to replacements for defects/breakage. My Goji 2021 came defective with a loose right leg socket to where he can't stand and Bluefin told me that "it's the way it was designed by the manufacturer".
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

Naruto65
Futurian

Post by Naruto65 »

Moth wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:19 pm Bluefin is being notoriously difficult when it comes to replacements for defects/breakage. My Goji 2021 came defective with a loose right leg socket to where he can't stand and Bluefin told me that "it's the way it was designed by the manufacturer".
I think it depends on the problems. I've never seen someone successfully get a return or replacement for loose joints or joints that fall off. I've seen many success returns with actual breakage. I think Bluefin is also well aware of the leg snapping issue as well.

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

Bluefin sent me a whole new 2019 because I complained about the eye paint to them. But the 2021 has a whole on defect where the socket itself rocks in place.
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

I repose these guys like every day or two. They are too much fun!

the-killer-wc
JXSDF Technician

Post by the-killer-wc »

Heck yeah they are, I'm quite satisfied with the improvements on this goji, articulation feel like it holds a pose better. Here am crossing my fingers this gets a regular color release next year (one more for the army of legendary gojis I got).

Gahdzilluh
G-Force Personnel

Post by Gahdzilluh »

You guys see the pictures of mg21 floating around? They have him propped up on a stand, curious if that will actually be needed -_-

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

The preorder for him at bigbadtoystore doesn't have a stand listed, so it may just be there for pictures.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Gahdzilluh wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:07 am You guys see the pictures of mg21 floating around? They have him propped up on a stand, curious if that will actually be needed -_-
Apparently that was just a promo shot thing where they were posing him with the stand just to remove it later when they edit the photos. So no it won't require a stand. Thankfully. X Plus does stands sometimes and people don't always like them!
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

Naruto65
Futurian

Post by Naruto65 »

I wouldn't worry about it. Parts of this prototype is being held together with glue for the event. Even had parts falling off. It's not uncommon that this happens to Protos. It'll be fine.
Last edited by Naruto65 on Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

master_of_monsters wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:19 pm bigger monster, bigger figure. pacific rim did it and they did fine and they still fit on shelves
This, I would like a bigger scale for the figures, even if that means a higher cost. Imagine a Gamera or Legion figure the size of a Neca PR figure! I know the cost would be much higher, but I would be in Heaven!

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

I'd be totally fine with a SHMA Legion that's in scale with the Gamera '96 that we already have.
Size DOES matter!

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

An exhibition for Tamashii, including MonsterArts, will be online for the 2021 Comic Con on July 24! I bet we receive a G2004 announcement.
Also I hope for:
Godzilla 1998
Jurassic World figures
Gyaos
Legion
G1984
G2000
Pacific Rim (pleaseee)

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

The Gamera line for MA is dead. They did what needed to get done, the 3 Heisei Gameras.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

I'm predicting Godzilla 71 and Hedorah.

It's literally the 50th Anniversary of the film's release that day. They'd be INSANE not to.

RIP Evan.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

God, these Kong messages remind me of the last Kong. Damn arm hinge broke. So what's the panic point for Kong. Leg/Arm joints being super tight and exploding?

I know a few of this and last years DBZ FiguArts had a similar issue of overtight joints that made them explode. Jiren's arm I believe had that issue on a lot of them.

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

Mothra turns 60 on the 30th, maybe we can get Showa or Millennium Mothra?...

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Moth wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:02 pm Mothra turns 60 on the 30th, maybe we can get Showa or Millennium Mothra?...
This as well.

RIP Evan.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

SpaceG92 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:25 am God, these Kong messages remind me of the last Kong. Damn arm hinge broke. So what's the panic point for Kong. Leg/Arm joints being super tight and exploding?

I know a few of this and last years DBZ FiguArts had a similar issue of overtight joints that made them explode. Jiren's arm I believe had that issue on a lot of them.
Yup, Jirens arm broke on me not too long ago changing his cross armed accessory. Kongs damn left leg just snapped. It feels like a damn Neca product in having to heat up the damn joints before moving them.