Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Re: Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

This here dude with NFTs thinking he got Hollywood CGI renders.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Bummer. Amazon just delayed my FinaroGoji until the end of the month.

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

Nvm. Not worth it
Last edited by king_ghidorah on Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Hey, he arrived sooner than expected! Yay

Quite happy with this release. The articulation is super smooth. Maybe a little too smooth as a couple joints pop apart a little too easily. But I’d rather have that than stuck joints that break like my first G’89*. But he’s not so loose as to be floppy and he seems to hold poses well. Can’t wait to have time to pose him with Gigan.

*speaking of, does anyone have any idea how long Tamashi takes to process warranty replacements? When my G’89 broke I submitted a warranty request and they said something along the lines of it had been “accepted” or something similar. At any rate, it sounded like they were going to replace it, but that was months ago and I haven’t seen or heard anything since. Though, I haven’t tried to follow up on it either.

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

USA Gundam Store has some crazy sales going on - SCV Ghidorah for $165! https://www.usagundamstore.com/pages/se ... onsterarts
Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary

Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Post by Jetty_Jags »

I think the sites down atm, to anyone who can open it, do they have a sale on sp jet Jaguar?
He Jock it Made of Steel

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

Jetty_Jags wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:42 am I think the sites down atm, to anyone who can open it, do they have a sale on sp jet Jaguar?
Unfortunately, he's not even listed.
Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary

Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Post by Jetty_Jags »

Thanks for letting me know,

Also what’s the news on that figure I know he’s out for people who imported but is he getting a stateside release?
He Jock it Made of Steel

rob559
GPN Volunteer

Post by rob559 »

Quite happy with this release. The articulation is super smooth. Maybe a little too smooth as a couple joints pop apart a little too easily. But I’d rather have that than stuck joints that break like my first G’89*. But he’s not so loose as to be floppy and he seems to hold poses well. Can’t wait to have time to pose him with Gigan.

*speaking of, does anyone have any idea how long Tamashi takes to process warranty replacements? When my G’89 broke I submitted a warranty request and they said something along the lines of it had been “accepted” or something similar. At any rate, it sounded like they were going to replace it, but that was months ago and I haven’t seen or heard anything since. Though, I haven’t tried to follow up on it either.
[/quote]

My Godzilla Vs. Kong figure was packed with only the new left hand open splayed hand and 2 of the regular old school right hands!! I Did the usual, send pictures of reciept, box, wrong hands, bluefin boilerplate info on the box, description of problem etc. They did reply with the "accepted" statement a few days later.
It took about 3 months, maybe alittle longer (I lost track of time waiting and actually forgot about it) but they did send the correct hand accessory :)
That was my experiance.
Rob
P.S.
My 2004 Final Wars figure sounds like your experiance, I'm happy with it

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Ugh. It was November of last year when they told me my request was approved. And I had heard it took quite some time for them to process warranty claims so I honestly just forgot to follow up with it. Didn’t realize it had been THAT long ago!

And the kicker is that was when it was still through Bluefin, who I believe is now defunct? I tried replying to the same email chain to see if they respond, but I suspect I’m just out of luck. That’s a bummer.

Naruto65
Futurian

Post by Naruto65 »

canofhumdingers wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:26 pm Ugh. It was November of last year when they told me my request was approved. And I had heard it took quite some time for them to process warranty claims so I honestly just forgot to follow up with it. Didn’t realize it had been THAT long ago!

And the kicker is that was when it was still through Bluefin, who I believe is now defunct? I tried replying to the same email chain to see if they respond, but I suspect I’m just out of luck. That’s a bummer.
They should have a system that forwards emails to the new returns crew. Hopefully they'll get back to you soon.

rob559
GPN Volunteer

Post by rob559 »

canofhumdingers wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:26 pm Ugh. It was November of last year when they told me my request was approved. And I had heard it took quite some time for them to process warranty claims so I honestly just forgot to follow up with it. Didn’t realize it had been THAT long ago!

Did you send them "Bluefin" the requested photos of the broken item , sales receipt, box info serial number etc. ?
Maybe because you have a bigger problem that needs a whole new figure to be sent is taking longer. It took awhile for them to send just a new hand, but I did get it. Maybe the new U.S. Bandai co. does have a new address and customer service. The Newist Figure I got The 2004 Final Wars Goji still had the Bluefin sticker on it. Good Luck, keep us informed of any new progress.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Yeah it was through their official warranty service and I had to send them receipts and photos and stuff. I may try contacting the new entity directly and see how that goes.

Does anyone know exactly which company took over for bluefin? Is it Bandai premium or something else?

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Mechagodzilla '21 is on sale on Amazon for $120 currently.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Naruto65
Futurian

Post by Naruto65 »

canofhumdingers wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:22 am Yeah it was through their official warranty service and I had to send them receipts and photos and stuff. I may try contacting the new entity directly and see how that goes.

Does anyone know exactly which company took over for bluefin? Is it Bandai premium or something else?
Bandai Namco bought Bluefin a few years back. All that changed was the company name, merging everything under one name.

Here's the updated returns page.
https://shop.bandai.com/returns-replacements

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

While I'm waiting for Hedorah, I might as well keep myself entertained.

Jet Jaguar takes a moment from counting heads to reflect on his many poor life choices that led up to this moment...

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Naruto65 wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:21 pm
canofhumdingers wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:22 am Yeah it was through their official warranty service and I had to send them receipts and photos and stuff. I may try contacting the new entity directly and see how that goes.

Bandai Namco bought Bluefin a few years back. All that changed was the company name, merging everything under one name.

Thanks for the link. I contacted them with reference to my original warranty claim number and they actually responded saying they are still awaiting the replacement coming from Japan.

I guess it’s on the REAAALLY slow boat! But cool to know it’s not forgotten.

Naruto65
Futurian

Post by Naruto65 »

canofhumdingers wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:01 pm
Naruto65 wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:21 pm

Thanks for the link. I contacted them with reference to my original warranty claim number and they actually responded saying they are still awaiting the replacement coming from Japan.

I guess it’s on the REAAALLY slow boat! But cool to know it’s not forgotten.
The boat is here. Supply chain is backed up in Los Angeles and San Diego, miles of boats waiting to dock. Jet Jaguar 2021 was released in April in Japan and is shipping to US retailers first week of August!
Last edited by Naruto65 on Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Not sure if this was expected, but KiryuGoji just showed up as a preorder on BBTS for what I assume is normal retail ($95). Guess they’ve got more coming?

Naruto65
Futurian

Post by Naruto65 »

canofhumdingers wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:03 pm Not sure if this was expected, but KiryuGoji just showed up as a preorder on BBTS for what I assume is normal retail ($95). Guess they’ve got more coming?
2nd reissue release. $5 increase from the OG and first reissue.