Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
goji89
Sazer

Re: Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

Post by goji89 »

GigaBowserG wrote: Image
:lol: ....Holy shiit.......Gwahahahahaha..What the hell is that? Looks like someone stepped on its tail and it broke.

Ultra_Henshin_Fan
JXSDF Technician

Post by Ultra_Henshin_Fan »

A blown up blurry photo of a 1 inch piece of plastic isn't really a good (or fair) representation.

I'll wait for the real reviews and photos.

....not that I plan on buying it anyway. I'm happy with the Regular black/red Shin.
Last edited by Ultra_Henshin_Fan on Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Darth Kiryu
JXSDF Technician

Post by Darth Kiryu »

Ultra_Henshin_Fan wrote:A blown up blurry photo of a 1 inch piece of plastic isn't really a good (or fair) representation.

I'll wait for the real reviews and photos.

....not that I plan on buying it anyway. I'm happy with the Regular black/red Shin.
I'll probably buy it, but it's aftermarket if-I-have-money-to-burn-and-nothing-else-to-buy low priority.

Ultra_Henshin_Fan
JXSDF Technician

Post by Ultra_Henshin_Fan »

I'm more excited to own that monster turtle than probably a grown man should be to own a toy monster turtle.

hahahaha

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Ultra_Henshin_Fan wrote:I'm more excited to own that monster turtle than probably a grown man should be to own a toy monster turtle.

hahahaha
I am excited too if the mass produced model gets good reviews. I await to see how it turns out. I like the G2 but had a lot of issues with the chest pieces coming off
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Godzilla21 wrote:I am excited too if the mass produced model gets good reviews. I await to see how it turns out. I like the G2 but had a lot of issues with the chest pieces coming off
Thankfully, G3 shouldn't have chest piece issues since he doesn't use that attack. I'm more worried about the eyes, if anything.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

GojiDude95
Interpol Agent

Post by GojiDude95 »

SpaceG92 wrote: Anyone else miss the old box style?
Yes :(

Added in 2 minutes 8 seconds:
The chest seems more pumped out than G2.
I'm really liking the look of this guy (suit accurate or not).

It's missing a finger.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Ultra_Henshin_Fan wrote:A blown up blurry photo of a 1 inch piece of plastic isn't really a good (or fair) representation. --
Have the native -

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DhAyK3QUwAIz2VE.jpg
https://twitter.com/asai526/status/1013365091125694470

Still looks unappealing, bad choice of colors. Granted the prototype has painted mouths of the humanoids. Can't wait to see how they screw that up.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

SpaceG92 wrote:
Ultra_Henshin_Fan wrote:A blown up blurry photo of a 1 inch piece of plastic isn't really a good (or fair) representation. --
Have the native -

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DhAyK3QUwAIz2VE.jpg
https://twitter.com/asai526/status/1013365091125694470

Still looks unappealing, bad choice of colors. Granted the prototype has painted mouths of the humanoids. Can't wait to see how they screw that up.
Yup. Looks like crap. Soft details on this then you can expect it worse on the production model
SpaceG92 wrote:

Castellan Zilla
Keizer

Post by Castellan Zilla »

Frozen Shin is going to plummet on the aftermarket. Whoever preordered, you just tossed money out the window.
Last edited by Castellan Zilla on Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
I will explain slowly why you are wrong.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

inb4 everyone bitches at people critiquing about a couple photos because MUH MONSTERARTZ!!!111

Yeah no sorry thought it was common sense this tail was going to be mediocre one way or another. Sure, we'll see what in-hand looks like, but I'm not holding my breath.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Yeah, that tail was never going to look as good as some people were expecting. That's just not logically possible for a figure of that size.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

UltramanGoji wrote:Yeah, that tail was never going to look as good as some people were expecting. That's just not logically possible for a figure of that size.
Right, exactly.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

goji89 wrote:http://toho.seesaa.net/article/460278236.html

Scroll down a bit.....Some more G3 pics. Still think something is amiss within the head and neck portions.. But, I will admit that in some shots he looks good.
Oh my... those are actually nice pics, figure is still inaccurate as all Hell, but at least can look good at some angles.
I might think about getting one after Steven's review, if he's getting it.
Last edited by Destorogoji on Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

Castellan Zilla
Keizer

Post by Castellan Zilla »

UltramanGoji wrote:Yeah, that tail was never going to look as good as some people were expecting. That's just not logically possible for a figure of that size.
Yet, they got the teeth painted just fine on the original Junior.
I will explain slowly why you are wrong.

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

Castellan Zilla wrote:
Yet, they got the teeth painted just fine on the original Junior.
But that was the old SHMA. This is the NEW SHMA where anything smaller than a penny will have shit paint details

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

But you guy's, we should appreciate the work that goes into making these figures and just pay for it and expect what is is. We should thank them for the figure. Its not a big deal, many of you guys can paint it yourselfs right? These are high end collectables and should not bash but rather accept the minor flaws.

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

goji89 wrote:But you guy's, we should appreciate the work that goes into making these figures and just pay for it and expect what is is. We should thank them for the figure. Its not a big deal, many of you guys can paint it yourselfs right? These are high end collectables and should not bash but rather accept the minor flaws.
I'm pretty sure you are being sarcastic, but on the off chance you aren't, you are just flat out wrong. I should not have to accept having wonky eyes on $100 toy.

That reminds me, I wonder if Amazon has gotten thier stock in so I can order a replacement.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Kaiju no Kami wrote:
I'm pretty sure you are being sarcastic.
You've been around for a whole Kami. You should know that hes being 100% sarcastic
SpaceG92 wrote: