Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Re: Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Platypus Prime wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:43 pm I know nothing about Monster Hunter but the Crystal Flower Feather Ferret Dragon is so utterly weird I'm tempted to get it for my Monster Shelf. It may be out of context, but seeing as I have 2019 Ghidorah fighting 89 Godzilla while Biollante eats the Stay Puft Marshmallow man as Gamera fights Kong, it'll blend right in. The colors would certainly be unique! I have so many 'upright dinosaur' things already, this would be quite nice!
Her name is Mizutsune, your uncultural swine
> : (
Last edited by Thatguy4683 on Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

Thatguy4683 wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:32 pm
Platypus Prime wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:43 pm I know nothing about Monster Hunter but the Crystal Flower Feather Ferret Dragon is so utterly weird I'm tempted to get it for my Monster Shelf. It may be out of context, but seeing as I have 2019 Ghidorah fighting 89 Godzilla while Biollante eats the Stay Puft Marshmallow man as Gamera fights Kong, it'll blend right in. The colors would certainly be unique! I have so many 'upright dinosaur' things already, this would be quite nice!
Canonically the ones that are hunted are males that go into a state of mindless fury during mating season. Females are duller in color, have smaller fins, and are docile enough to be considered a non threat
your source of self destruction

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

master_of_monsters wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:05 am
Thatguy4683 wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:32 pm
Canonically the ones that are hunted are males that go into a state of mindless fury during mating season. Females are duller in color, have smaller fins, and are docile enough to be considered a non threat
Oh yeah, right I knew that from the gecko, silly me

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

So bubble-blowing mating-rage dragon is NOT intended to be weirder than my Feather Ferret Flower impression...got it....wow. Now I REALLY want one.

Also, for my own shelf I could see some unintentional accessory cross-compatibility with Hedorah, with the spray and foam.

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

Here's the first review I've come across of SHMA Hedorah: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUMHECKgn3Q&t
Last edited by Poe Ghostal on Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary

{---HYPERZeTToN---}
G-Force Personnel

Post by {---HYPERZeTToN---} »

FinalGoji is now in stock on BBTS

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Got my invoice for GFW Godzilla from Eknight.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

UltramanGoji wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:58 pm Got my invoice for GFW Godzilla from Eknight.
Same here

RIP Evan.

gojimatt
Monsterland Worker

Post by gojimatt »

Got my Hedorah today. I now appear to be stuck in a loop of making quasi Hedorah noises while I play around with him.

He's very nice. My only criticism is he really needs a Godzilla 68-72 to go with him. Come on Bandai!
'Do not try to escape earthlings or you'll force us to kill you.'

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

gojimatt wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:53 am My only criticism is he really needs a Godzilla 68-72 to go with him. Come on Bandai!
Couple years ago I would have said this is never going to happen, but now I'm not so sure. It would be great to get a Godzilla figure from that era.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Hedorah is out?! That’s much sooner than I expected.

gojimatt
Monsterland Worker

Post by gojimatt »

Maritonic wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:57 am
gojimatt wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:53 am My only criticism is he really needs a Godzilla 68-72 to go with him. Come on Bandai!
Couple years ago I would have said this is never going to happen, but now I'm not so sure. It would be great to get a Godzilla figure from that era.
I hear ya. I was naively hoping they'd announce one after Hedorah released, a bit like what happened when G 2004 released and they revealed Monster X. At least 71 and 72 were included as options in the recent product survey list. With it being Gigan's anniversary this year and the fact you get both variations out of practically the same mould with a bit of retooling, I'm hopeful.

Kind of intrigued to see whether they'd use a 68 G as a base sculpt then tweak it for the other films to represent the deterioration the suit goes through or whether they'd use separate sculpts? Would seem to be more economical to use one sculpt and amend it but who knows.
'Do not try to escape earthlings or you'll force us to kill you.'

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Don't overthink this

If they do a Godzilla to go with Hedorah they'd definitely use the 1971 version as their reference, because that's what appeared in the movie. I dont think for a second they'd put out multiple releases of the same basic figure with small differences to represent the different versions of that suit. Everyone would be lucky to just get one.
Last edited by Legion1979 on Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

InfiniteHollywood
GPN Volunteer

Post by InfiniteHollywood »

I think Hedorah looks good, I watching a review in Japan a week or so ago. That said, this is one of those figures that I don't really think needs a MonsterArts release. I mean, it's good to get one in scale, etc, but like several monster designs, he's not terribly poseable in general both in the film or as a figure. But this one looks nice...

That said I've gotten so used to the much more colorful vinyls through the years that this mostly black Hedorah looks kinda drab.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Considering that a Monster X figure is coming soon from this brand, Kaiser Ghidorah is inevitable.

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

So I have the 2021 Godzilla and can someone explain to me why the head looks even smaller than it does in film? On film, it doesnt bother me but the figure is laughably small. I don’t understand seeing as how the figure was supposedly created using digital files right? Shouldn’t the proportions be an exact replica of the film?

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

LegendZilla wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:41 pm Considering that a Monster X figure is coming soon from this brand, Kaiser Ghidorah is inevitable.
Is it, though?
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

MoarCrossovers wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:34 pm
LegendZilla wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:41 pm Considering that a Monster X figure is coming soon from this brand, Kaiser Ghidorah is inevitable.
Is it, though?
They've only done Godzilla, Gigan and Monster X right? No Angilas, no Manda, no Rodan....so what would make Kaiser Ghidorah such a sure thing?

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Legion1979 wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:43 pm
MoarCrossovers wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:34 pm
Is it, though?
They've only done Godzilla, Gigan and Monster X right? No Angilas, no Manda, no Rodan....so what would make Kaiser Ghidorah such a sure thing?
He's not from the Showa era. :D

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Curse those handsome devils!