Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Re: Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

Post by Shenanigans »

Everybody getting their monke but me. Should get mine by the weekend/next week though.
Poe Ghostal wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:27 am
I'm trying to figure out whether they're too tight (silicone grease) or too loose (nail polish). I'll have to fiddle with mine more, but for now he's locked in his mid-jump pose in my display.

Damn, that's a gorgeous display. Custom buildings I presume?
Last edited by Shenanigans on Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

Shenanigans wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:14 pm Everybody getting their monke but me. Should get mine by the weekend/next week though.
Poe Ghostal wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:27 am
I'm trying to figure out whether they're too tight (silicone grease) or too loose (nail polish). I'll have to fiddle with mine more, but for now he's locked in his mid-jump pose in my display.

Damn, that's a gorgeous display. Custom buildings I presume?
Yes, they were made by Tatemono Miniaturas
https://www.facebook.com/TatemonoMiniaturas
https://www.instagram.com/tatemono.mini/

Just a heads-up, their prices are in pesos, so $300 pesos = approx. $15 USD.

Here's a shot I took under a blacklight:
Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

^ Surprisingly affordable for such big buildings. I may have to keep those in mind for the future. Thanks for the info!

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

Shenanigans wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:50 am ^ Surprisingly affordable for such big buildings. I may have to keep those in mind for the future. Thanks for the info!
I'm not entirely sure how the buildings are constructed but it seems to be a pretty innovative process - I think it's a plastic shell around a styrofoam block. I suspect this method helps keeps costs down - a lot of the buildings you can get out there are fully 3d-printed, which I imagine is more expensive.

Many of the buildings also come with a base constructed of gravel to represent rubble, with glue-gun flames. The torn-up buildings are particularly gorgeous.
Last edited by Poe Ghostal on Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary

the-killer-wc
JXSDF Technician

Post by the-killer-wc »

You guys know? the metallic blue is growing on me, is like in between of the regular goji and the special edition of 2019.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

The blue has always been fantastic to me. It's the closest to the film and it legit stands out despite being between two other atomic variant Godzillas.

RIP Evan.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Shenanigans wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:14 pm Everybody getting their monke but me. Should get mine by the weekend/next week though.
Don't feel too bad. I have no idea where my monke is, either.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

Hah! Amazon isn't shipping mine until August.
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

My lizard and monke are finally on the way from my pile of loot. Hurry up FedEx!

the-killer-wc
JXSDF Technician

Post by the-killer-wc »

Moth wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:03 pm Hah! Amazon isn't shipping mine until August.
Oof sorry to read that.

My second goji and kong are here, I ordered 2 because after seeing how the after market went after g19 and the now classic case of every other MA but I had the original 2004 kong in mind, i'm not taking any chances on getting kong broken and then not finding replacement pieces

The extra hands from the second goji 21 work perfectly on goji 2019 BUT... heat the hands up before you remove them, they where not mean to be removable so they have a more solid grip on the figure and could snap the joint off.
Last edited by the-killer-wc on Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Adeno
Monarch Researcher

Post by Adeno »

In my ongoing "quest" to regain all of the Monsterarts I let go a long time ago, I managed to buy the Godzilla "birth" version again. Like before, his right leg was super loose. I decided to fix it with moldable plastic and now he can even stand on one leg. Anyway I'll share my process here in case someone has a similar problem with loose joints. I hope this helps you :)

I still have to open the new Kong, I've been so busy and tired lately, I wanna play with him later lol! I hope I don't get a loose Kong or I'll have to do another round of fixing tonight!

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

Man! I love those new hands for Godzilla!! I tell you what, folks. I'm having way too much fun with Kong. I may not be the photographer that most of you are, but a man needs to be a kid and have fun with his toys!!!!

VHS at blockbuster!!!
Last edited by KingKaiju on Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Has everyone who ordered from AwesomeCollector at least received a shipping notice for their Kong figure?
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

the-killer-wc
JXSDF Technician

Post by the-killer-wc »

MoarCrossovers wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:09 pm Has everyone who ordered from AwesomeCollector at least received a shipping notice for their Kong figure?
I got both goji and kong from them already.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

KingKaiju wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:46 am Man! I love those new hands for Godzilla!! I tell you what, folks. I'm having way too much fun with Kong. I may not be the photographer that most of you are, but a man needs to be a kid and have fun with his toys!!!!
High end collectables you heathen. These aren't playthings, these are for display purposes only. To put in your detolf never to be touched again once you pose it correctly. One doesn't "play" with MonsterArts figures. This guy having fun with poseable high end figures is ludicrous and is insulting to this fandom.

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

General question for everybody - how are the eyes on your Kong's? I've seen a few pics with misaligned eyes, but I don't know if that's a widespread issue or not. Or if its even that noticeable.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Seen those photos but thankfully both my heads were fine.

The left leg and right arm on the other hand.....

RIP Evan.

Adeno
Monarch Researcher

Post by Adeno »

Shenanigans wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 4:18 pm General question for everybody - how are the eyes on your Kong's? I've seen a few pics with misaligned eyes, but I don't know if that's a widespread issue or not. Or if its even that noticeable.
Mine seems to be ok, looks at the same direction. The only minor problem on mine is that the left arm can pop off when you try to bend it too much. It doesn't happen often though, and I play around with these stuff a lot, posing them in all sorts of ways.

GodzillaXGomoraFight
Gotengo Officer

Post by GodzillaXGomoraFight »

Just received my Kong in the mail and I am very impressed. Joints are tight on the figure, no issues with the head sculpts, immaculate sculpt, and articulation is awesome. The one thing I was most afraid of was gapping from the videos I saw but if you take a few seconds to adjust some of the sheath pieces Going, you can cover the majority of gapping. My only con is that to be in scale, he is a little shorter than what you might prefer for a six inch figure. Otberwise, I really dig it. Going to eventually post pictures of Kong with the KOTM cast sans Ghidorah.

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

MechaG 2021 got solicited for Japan.

P-Bandai, shocking nobody.

Maybe it's not?? I'm confused, pre-orders are tomorrow.
Last edited by Moth on Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61: