Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
SpaceG92
Keizer

Re: Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

Post by SpaceG92 »

I remember the fucking flying shit storm that happened when Jomei and MM both got brought back - now everyone's on board with it? o k
*actually seething a bit. ngl

Shit posting aside. New Godzilla's paint scheme I never liked. Never liked the paint way they went with. Though, to Tamashii's credit, besides some subtle hand fading on the prototype's, the final production is actually starting to line up better with the prototype. I noticed that with Ghidorah, but everyone was pissed about the lack of shading. Yes, it lacks shading, but it was never there on the prototype to begin with. Just some really good light work. Guess the days of shitting the bed bad the likes of Shin Godzilla and the original G14 are starting to come to a close? Or am I speaking too soon?

Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

tbeasley wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 12:44 pm I miss wataru.
For real. Most entertaining TK member by far.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Misato stans just built different.

Xenagoji7802
Samurai

Post by Xenagoji7802 »

SpaceG92 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 2:56 pm I remember the skreeonking flying poop storm that happened when Jomei and MM both got brought back - now everyone's on board with it? o k

poop posting aside. New Godzilla's paint scheme I never liked. Never liked the paint way they went with. Though, to Tamashii's credit, besides some subtle hand fading on the prototype's, the final production is actually starting to line up better with the prototype. I noticed that with Ghidorah, but everyone was pissed about the lack of shading. Yes, it lacks shading, but it was never there on the prototype to begin with. Just some really good light work. Guess the days of shitting the bed bad the likes of Shin Godzilla and the original G14 are starting to come to a close? Or am I speaking too soon?
I've seen a couple QC stinkers where the mouth paint is way too liberally applied, and one instance of a left eye sunken into the head, but so far these seem to be in the minority.The figure consistently shines on the chest paint where there is a very nice weathered color scheme, which I believe was not on G19. And holy moly did they go all out on the spines. I've watched like 5-6 different reviews and every single G21 has fully and carefully painted spines all the way to the tip of the tail. The tiny ones individually painted too. I was very impressed.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 7:31 am]
Bringing back Mandasaurus because "he was funny to laugh at" is not even close to valid lmao.
I know we already discussed this in private but obviously its a lot more than that.

I am fine with bans, I just never believed in FOREVER bans, especially if the person tries to come back with a new and improved attitude. It's not like we are trading national security secrets here, it's a Godzilla board. I'd pretty much be open to bringing anyone back (except Grevious) and people can come back for the better. But alas I can say with certainty our eagle eyed collector is probably permanently gone. Hes in heaven with Anime Island. RIP

Added in 2 minutes 26 seconds:
SpaceG92 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 2:56 pm I remember the fucking flying shit storm that happened when Jomei and MM both got brought back - now everyone's on board with it? o k
I was on board with that from day 1! I got into plenty of arguments with Jomei but i thought him and MM deserved another chance.
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Godzilla21 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 5:18 pm
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 7:31 am]
Bringing back Mandasaurus because "he was funny to laugh at" is not even close to valid lmao.
I know we already discussed this in private but obviously its a lot more than that.

I am fine with bans, I just never believed in FOREVER bans, especially if the person tries to come back with a new and improved attitude. It's not like we are trading national security secrets here, it's a Godzilla board. I'd pretty much be open to bringing anyone back (except Grevious) and people can come back for the better. But alas I can say with certainty our eagle eyed collector is probably permanently gone. Hes in heaven with Anime Island. RIP

Added in 2 minutes 26 seconds:
SpaceG92 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 2:56 pm I remember the skreeonking flying poop storm that happened when Jomei and MM both got brought back - now everyone's on board with it? o k
I was on board with that from day 1! I got into plenty of arguments with Jomei but i thought him and My cause pstcoligiM deserved another chance.
I agree with G21.

And permanent bans only cause psychological distress for the banned user.

Naruto65
Futurian

Post by Naruto65 »

goji89 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 5:26 pm

I agree with G21.

And permanent bans only cause psychological distress for the banned user.
If that actually happens, I encourage said people to seek the help they need. There are better things in life and more venues to discuss things related to Godzilla and friends.

Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

The only person who should never, ever be allowed back is whoever hacked into the forums that one time and deleted all the mod accounts. Cimmerian Dragon, (arguably the most beloved member in TK history) tragically died young from cancer, but we at least had all of his posts memorialized here so we could go down memory lane...until that asshole deleted his account. That still infuriates me.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Misato stans just built different.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Jesus, guys. The guy hasn't even asked to come back.

SHMA conversation please. Take it to the PMs.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

So... I like SHMA. I’d be up for an MG75 release, and definitely a KG64 one too.
Last edited by Voyager on Mon May 17, 2021 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
For Emperor and Empire!

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

They could have done sooo many cool NEW stuff throughout the last few years already...
Size DOES matter!

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

Voyager wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 2:27 am So... I like SHMA. I’d be up for an MG75 release, and definitely a KG64 one too.
I'm hoping for that Mechagodzilla as well. I assume its inevitable. If they do make one, combined with the upcoming GvK Mechagodzilla, I'll have the full Mechagodzilla army!

I actually wanted to buy a second Mechagodzilla 1974 to customize it as Black Mechagodzilla, but it was so freaking overpriced I couldn't justify it. Not that a Mechagodzilla 1975 would be any cheaper - it'd probably be over $120 knowing this line - but maybe if MG'75 ever goes on sale at some point I can get one of those to customize...

Fiender
GPN Volunteer

Post by Fiender »

In other news, BBTS has SHMA MG 21 up for preorder!
For... $160 -_-
I was that kid who made bad Godzilla games in RPG Maker and complained when no one paid attention to them :D

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Fiender wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 10:19 am In other news, BBTS has SHMA MG 21 up for preorder!
For... $160 -_-
Just got my preorder! It’s gonna sell out the second more people find out about it :lol:
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

I'm guessing BBTS jumped the gun here. Have we ever seen a SHMA go on (official) US preorder before the Japanese preorder?
Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Poe Ghostal wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 10:31 am I'm guessing BBTS jumped the gun here. Have we ever seen a SHMA go on (official) US preorder before the Japanese preorder?
Don't ask questions, just consume product and get excited for next product. That's what my grandpappy always used to tell me.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

I’m waiting for eKnightMedia personally. They did really well with the KOTM Ghidorah figure and the Biollante Re-Release.
Twelfth Brother, Jedi Killer
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
KinoKaiser wrote:Is the Brazil market big or something?
Definitely, there's like a Brazilian moviegoers there
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Dun dun
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

*Giant BARAGONBREH comes out of the woods and roars*

*A bunch of Goji89s run across the screen in packs" :lol:
Go faster! *Baragonbreh in mirror is closer than he appears*
*Baragonbreh sneaks up on 3 unsuspecting New TK user raptors and just mauls them before disappearing*

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

Old man rant mode!
Bah! In MY day we got lights, sounds and music, and it was $150! Less if you grabbed it when it clearanced because no one but me liked it! And all it cost was a string of endless complaints about it being out of scale with anything else and a REALLY crummy acronym! AND WE LIKED IT! (Ok, I think only I liked it, but I still have Music Box Godzilla as my favorite Monsterarts of all time, and my very good experience with it makes me iffy about the prices for so much today...)

By pure luck it also scales with the Illustrated Kong which was my favorite of that side of the character equation, so I lucked out. I still hope for a reissue of one of the classic Ghidorahs someday, hopefully without wing hinge issues.
Last edited by Platypus Prime on Mon May 17, 2021 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

the-killer-wc
JXSDF Technician

Post by the-killer-wc »

I got the last one on bbts, i might cancel later for a better seller, but im happy to have it safe.

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

Holy cow, it sold out on BBTS at $160 apiece in an hour or two.
Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

BBTS is great for securing "just-in-case" pre-orders. They're definitely more expensive, but if you're unable to secure something from another website in time or can't afford to pay up front, they're a pretty good alternative.