Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Moth
G-Grasper

Re: Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

Post by Moth »

Jermobooka wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 6:35 pm
shadowgigan wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 6:29 pm
Moth wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 4:09 pm I think G21 with G19's head is going to be the definitive MV Godzilla figure. Looking to be an interesting combo of compatible.
The X-Plus 25cm would like to have a word with you.
They said “figure”, not “overpriced statue”, Shadow :lol:
Hey, don't diss that sculpt, that is ALSO a piece of art.
Should've said six inch scale though, oops
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Jermobooka wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 6:35 pm
shadowgigan wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 6:29 pm
Moth wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 4:09 pm I think G21 with G19's head is going to be the definitive MV Godzilla figure. Looking to be an interesting combo of compatible.
The X-Plus 25cm would like to have a word with you.
They said “figure”, not “overpriced statue”, Shadow :lol:
Hahaha true enough I suppose. I love the sculpt but have no room so havent even opened mine.

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Fuck. I very much regret cancelling my G21 preorder now. Those hands alone are worth it just to put it on a G19. Ah well, i’ll just get it when it actually comes out :)

Speaking about actually coming out...does anyone know when or could make a guess on when MG21 preorders open? That shits gonna be gone in a goddamn flash and it’s gonna be a must-have for any collector like Kong
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

CicadaMan
Yojimbo

Post by CicadaMan »

Question - What's the best way to add a shiny/glossy finish to SHMA? Ghidorah 2019 looks better with some shine, but I'm not nearly talented enough to repaint the whole thing.

I've used nail polish to give a coat to G'19 (I'm not proud of that decision, I initially only meant to apply a little bit to a hand that looked really dull and ended up doing the thing where you keep adding a little more & more until you've done the whole thing before you know it) but I kinda doubt that's the best way to go.

Gahdzilluh
G-Force Personnel

Post by Gahdzilluh »

So do we know if its an exclusive yet? I need to get 2 i need PO dates!!

ClandestineCanine9
Monarch Researcher

Post by ClandestineCanine9 »

holy shit naruto changed his profile picture
that wasn't very cash money of you
モスラ! ゴジラ! ギドラ!

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

When should we expect our Godzillas and Kongs to start shipping out?
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

Naruto65
Futurian

Post by Naruto65 »

ClandestineCanine9 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 1:59 pm holy poop naruto changed his profile picture
Yup. It was time for a change!
MoarCrossovers wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 2:01 pm When should we expect our Godzillas and Kongs to start shipping out?
General rule is 1 month after the Japan release date. But it a just depends on how fast the ship gets to port in CA, processed through customs, etc. That's why they don't have a scheduled release date for the US. It's anyone guess. Sometimes it's quick, other times it's like months (thinking back to Godzilla 1964).

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

ClandestineCanine9 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 1:59 pm holy poop naruto changed his profile picture
As has been foretold.

The time has come for our society to end. The prophecy has begun for the rapture to leave the Monsterarts thread and go to a place where there are no QC issues, no loose joints, no bad paint apps...... and I for sure as Hell welcome it.

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

goji89 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 2:31 pmAs has been foretold.

The time has come for our society to end. The prophecy has begun for the rapture to leave the Monsterarts thread and go to a place where there are no QC issues, no loose joints, no bad paint apps...... and I for sure as Hell welcome it.
I don't care what you say, I ain't buying no "My Little Pony" figures. Nope not gonna do it.

Xenagoji7802
Samurai

Post by Xenagoji7802 »

CicadaMan wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 10:20 am Question - What's the best way to add a shiny/glossy finish to SHMA? Ghidorah 2019 looks better with some shine, but I'm not nearly talented enough to repaint the whole thing.

I've used nail polish to give a coat to G'19 (I'm not proud of that decision, I initially only meant to apply a little bit to a hand that looked really dull and ended up doing the thing where you keep adding a little more & more until you've done the whole thing before you know it) but I kinda doubt that's the best way to go.
How about some glossy topcoat spray? Ones I have used before but the matte versions are the aerosol Vallejo Varnish or Mr. Premium Topcoat, both have glossy versions. And since it's aerosol you don't have to worry about overapplying in one spot. Just spray across the area once, let dry, and spray again if needed. If you spray too closely or try multiple layers without letting dry you may get some white spots which is no fun. Jump on YouTube for some visual examples, even just Gunpla topcoating vids 👍

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

I know MG21 comes out in Janruary of next year for us ‘Muricans, but i’m still anxiously awaiting the for the preorders to open up.

I use BBTS mainly and Amazon secondary for my figure buying/collecting/preordering, and i have the sneaking suspicion that the second those preorders pop up BBTS is gonna crash and by the time i’ve exited out of the tab the entire Amazon stock would be gone :lol:
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Jermobooka wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 6:13 pm I know MG21 comes out in Janruary of next year for us ‘Muricans, but i’m still anxiously awaiting the for the preorders to open up.

I use BBTS mainly and Amazon secondary for my figure buying/collecting/preordering, and i have the sneaking suspicion that the second those preorders pop up BBTS is gonna crash and by the time i’ve exited out of the tab the entire Amazon stock would be gone :lol:
I use Awesome Collector, eknightmedia, and Kaiju Live for most of my orders these days. I miss the Anime Island days and how our old friend Mandasaurus swore by them.
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

Godzilla21 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 7:13 pm
Jermobooka wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 6:13 pm I know MG21 comes out in Janruary of next year for us ‘Muricans, but i’m still anxiously awaiting the for the preorders to open up.

I use Awesome Collector, eknightmedia, and Kaiju Live for most of my orders these days. I miss the Anime Island days and how our old friend Mandasaurus swore by them.
Whatever happened to Ol' Manda? I miss his complaining.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

DirektorSplennic wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 7:34 pm

He got banned unfortunately. I say the leadership here let him back in. He was fun to have around. You never know when you need an eagle eyed collector to make sure we don't miss small details on our figures
SpaceG92 wrote:

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

DirektorSplennic wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 7:34 pm

He was banned for spreading COVID misinformation.
Though admittedly he wasn't the WORST example of that, (cough that sounds vaguely like Omegazilla) he's still pretty shitty so.
Godzilla21 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 7:44 pm
He got banned unfortunately. I say the leadership here let him back in. He was fun to have around. You never know when you need an eagle eyed collector to make sure we don't miss small details on our figures

Lol, he had his moments but there was more frustration then good.

Hope he enjoys those SHMA Bat Men and Giant Rats (1969) though

RIP Evan.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 8:19 pm

I still say give him another chance. Dude was here for a long time. He was good fun.
SpaceG92 wrote:

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Godzilla21 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 8:29 pm
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 8:19 pm

I still say give him another chance. Dude was here for a long time. He was good fun.
Where do we draw the line, though?

If we unban people because they were fun and were here for a long time, then bans and warnings no longer mean anything.

A few years back, the admins decided to allow MM and Jomei back in "on probation", because they were friends with the staff. Pissed me off then, and it pisses me off now; nothing against either of them, but what's the point of rules if we let people off for reasons like that?
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Godzilla21 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 8:29 pm
#BringbackManda
Lol.

I never knew he did any of that?

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

....Manda got banned?

That really sucks, ouch.
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61: