Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Re: Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

Post by canofhumdingers »

Man, you guys are killing me. So many great figure ideas. ‘84, screen accurate ‘99 (and Orga to go with!), another Kiryu reissue (since I missed out one every chance at that one so far). Come on Bandai!

Naruto65
Futurian

Post by Naruto65 »

The moment tamashi repaints or reissues a figure for a third time that's when we all need to sweat (ie. Stuck with the same releases limbo)
Last edited by Naruto65 on Fri May 07, 2021 6:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Naruto65 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 6:00 pm The moment tamashi repaints or reissues a figure for a third time that's when we all need to sweat (ie. Stuck with the same releases limbo)
Well, the good news is we've passed this twice with Rebirth Godzilla, both LPG Gojis, and King Ghidorah 91 (if we count MKG) and we got through it so we're good!

Right?

....r...right?

RIP Evan.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 6:39 pm
Naruto65 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 6:00 pm The moment tamashi repaints or reissues a figure for a third time that's when we all need to sweat (ie. Stuck with the same releases limbo)
Well, the good news is we've passed this twice with Rebirth Godzilla, both LPG Gojis, and King Ghidorah 91 (if we count MKG) and we got through it so we're good!

Right?

....r...right?
Got through it? hahahaha

Nobody has gotten over the repaint wars. :shock: NOBODY

Naruto65
Futurian

Post by Naruto65 »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 6:39 pm

Right?

....r...right?
Nah. You'd think they'd count, not so much though.

Poster Godzilla 2019/2014 were Toho agenda BD exclusives.

We're not counting MKG because it is a different character which you can add that to the possible repaint list as it hasn't yet.

Rebirth wasn't necessarily repainted from a movie accurate point like the rest, just an eva crossover and poster variant of a godzilla incarnation that doesn't exist in the line yet.

I'm talking a third Kiryu 2002, or a third KG91, or a Third Mothra. When stuff like that happens... Here we go again. Thankfully I haven't heard of such plays. :-)

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

To be fair, there would be demand for third versions of all three of those, and that's good/bad depending on your view.

My wishlist

-Anguirus (any design, but 68 or SP preferred)
-Megalon
-Orga (screen accurate G2K plz?)
-Zilla or Godzilla 1998
-Jet Jaguar (Showa or SP, with swappable chest piece and legs)
-Mothra 2003
-Rajang! More Monster Hunter!
-Also those Eva angels...
-and maybe some other non-Godzilla releases... Jungle Hunter Predator anyone? Maybe Ridley from Metroid? I'm interested to see what other properties can be added to this line.

Rerelease list!
-Shin, but idk, heavy duty paint version? Just an excuse for the figure to hit US shores.
-Alien Warrior, but idk, just rerelease it.
-DEATH TRIGGER GIGAN!
-Brown Heisei Rodan
-Goji 64 but based off GTTHM suit
-Godzilla 2021 without blue mouth wash.
-Godzilla 1954 (Brown Suit ver.)
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

Naruto65
Futurian

Post by Naruto65 »

Moth wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 10:28 pm To be fair, there would be demand for third versions of all three of those, and that's good/bad depending on your view
I agree with that 100%. I'm speaking for us long haulers that have been waiting for something more than repaints and rereleases.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Fwiw, I wasn’t referring to a third reissue of “purple power” Kiryu. MM mentioned Heavy Arms Kiryu, which would technically be a new release, but also a third chance at obtaining an SHMA Kiryu for those of us who don’t have any version yet.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Biollante has arrived. My first SHMA in quite a long time. She's gorgeous to look at and she's absolutely massive. One of her arms will NOT stay in no matter what I do, which is frustrating. But otherwise I'm really happy to finally have her in the collection.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

Naruto65 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 7:24 pm
I'm talking a third Kiryu 2002, or a third KG91, or a Third Mothra. When stuff like that happens... Here we go again. Thankfully I haven't heard of such plays. :-)

I wasn't able to get the past two Kiyru releases, don't do this to me Tamashii!

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Maritonic wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 4:56 am Biollante has arrived. My first SHMA in quite a long time. She's gorgeous to look at and she's absolutely massive. One of her arms will NOT stay in no matter what I do, which is frustrating. But otherwise I'm really happy to finally have her in the collection.
Fuck yeah.

BioBros for life.

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

Naruto65 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 10:44 pm
Moth wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 10:28 pm To be fair, there would be demand for third versions of all three of those, and that's good/bad depending on your view
I agree with that 100%. I'm speaking for us long haulers that have been waiting for something more than repaints and rereleases.
Yeah, that's completely fair. I'd feel less miffed about an outright rerelease of Kiryu 2002 and 91 Ghidorah (I think those were general releases?) than a new version entirely..

Unless it was Eva-01 Kiryu, then I'd have to get it.
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

GodzillavsGamera
G-Grasper

Post by GodzillavsGamera »

Naruto65 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 10:44 pm
I agree Naruto... I mean sure repaints allow new collectors to add these figs ... to their collections ... and that's great... but when is enough ... enough? If we continue to demand repaint after repaint .... well Tamashii will just keep recycling the same figs... instead of filling out the roster of Monster we want to add to our displays.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Jermobooka wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 7:28 am Definitely need more Showa SHMA’s. Here’s my top wishlist—

SoshingekiGoji

MegaroGoji

Anguirus

Hedorah

Showa King Ghidorah

Showa Mothra

Showa Gigan

Showa Rodan

Megalon

Mechagodzilla 2
Bit late, but I’d buy all of those in a heartbeat.
For Emperor and Empire!

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Burning Godzilla
Rebirth Godzilla
Burning Godzilla Special Color Version
Rebirth Godzilla Reissue
Rebirth Godzilla Eva vs. Godzilla colors
Rebirth Godzilla GvMG2 Poster Colors

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Naruto65
Futurian

Post by Naruto65 »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 11:23 am
Burning Godzilla
Rebirth Godzilla
Burning Godzilla Special Color Version
Rebirth Godzilla Reissue
Rebirth Godzilla Eva vs. Godzilla colors
Rebirth Godzilla GvMG2 Poster Colors
You are not catagorizing this correctly. As I mentioned earlier.

Burning Godzilla
Ultimate Burning

Godzilla Rebirth
Reissue

Nothing's been done more than a third time.

Special Crossovers:
Rebirth Eva
Rebirth 93 Poster Colors

It should be noted that crossover and event variants aren't counted as they are not a repaint if an actual movie moment from the corresponding figure. When Burning Godzilla 3.0 comes out, then we are in trouble.
Last edited by Naruto65 on Sun May 09, 2021 11:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Naruto65 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 11:52 am<quote for notification>
Just noticed that the p-bandai USA shop just listed the new Namek Bulma for Pre-order and that thing just got announced. The Climax Battle, or whatever its called, Ultimate FW Gigan's pre-order is closing soon in JP. Did P-Bandai USA just like, outright omit USA sales for it or are they waiting for the JP to close? Is there an ETA on them putting it up for Pre-order?

Also, is SHMA dying or silently got rolled into a sub-group of SHFA? Noticed on the newer releases, its also under the SHFA tag on the Bandai shop. Also under the "S.H. FiguArts Division" of Tamashii Features, oddly shows the MonsterArts Godzilla vs Kong promo.
Last edited by SpaceG92 on Sun May 09, 2021 12:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

SpaceG92 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 12:39 pm Also, is SHMA dying or silently got rolled into a sub-group of SHFA? Noticed on the newer releases, its also under the SHFA tag on the Bandai shop. Also under the "S.H. FiguArts Division" of Tamashii Features, oddly shows the MonsterArts Godzilla vs Kong promo.
Ok guys, ready up. Wishlists part of our cycle is over. Time to talk about SHMA being folded into SHFA again.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 12:45 pm
SpaceG92 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 12:39 pm Also, is SHMA dying or silently got rolled into a sub-group of SHFA? Noticed on the newer releases, its also under the SHFA tag on the Bandai shop. Also under the "S.H. FiguArts Division" of Tamashii Features, oddly shows the MonsterArts Godzilla vs Kong promo.
Ok guys, ready up. Wishlists part of our cycle is over. Time to talk about SHMA being folded into SHFA again.
I mean - for once, i'm not wrong.

Interesting to point out that Gigan is missing it -

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 12:45 pm
Already?

This past cycle went by so quick.